Monetary Goals

There are published authors on this site and people come to this site to read free web novels.

The reason I brought this up was because I found an author promoted his patreon, like $1 per chapter.

Nothing wrong donating or being a patron to your favorite author, I wonder if anyone was "successful" in doing this.

Even I have thought of opening a Patreon to earn chump change. Money is a great motivator to write and write.

Did anyone had dreams of making money as a writer? How do one go about it? Or your dreams will burn and you shouldn't try?

RE: Monetary Goals

I remembered the first time I receive a dollar in Paypal, that was really mind boggling :D 

But to answer your question, if you really want to use writing as a full-time job then you have to invest in it. You have to pork out real money for marketing and professional proofreading and such. And you also have to churn out those million words drafts to become a better writer. 

For Patreon and Paypal, you'll probably be able to buy the occasional can of coke... every 6 months or so.

But keep writing, you never know, success might just be around the corner.

[th_0fire.gif]
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

RE: Monetary Goals

pirateaba is doing pretty well on patreon.  Don't know if there's anyone else on here doing quite as well, though -- I mean, there's Wildbow, but they've got their own website if I remember right.

So, yeah -- me personally, I aspire to be that good, or to have that many followers, or however else you'd put it.  I don't plan to put all my eggs in one basket, so I still plan on indie publishing and getting a good cover and good editing, but, somewhere in there, I'd also like the book to be free.  You never know -- you could be one of the lucky ones.