What would be considered a "Popular WebNovel"?

Alright, so I've been writing my second Web Novel and it seems to be doing good, but I can't tell. It has about 186 followers and only 10 chapters and each chapter is like 900-1,800 words. Would this be considered popular or a common growth for a story? I had another Web Novel and it completely flopped in comparison to this one. So what do you, the reader, consider a popular Web Novel?
"She said I am not afraid to, die
All my friends are dead
Push me to the edge
All my friends are dead
Push me to the edge"
Excerpt from XO Tour Llif3

RE: What would be considered a "Popular WebNovel"?

Hmm, popular on royalroadl in my opinion would mean frontpage materials. Not a place you can easily get to in a short time regardless of how awesome your novel is.

But that is the literal definition of being popular. ;)

I think a slow and steady increase in followers throughout writing your novel is the best one can expect.

Important factors to keep people interesting is a fairly regular release schedule. One chapter a week is probably not gonna cut it, definately not with short chapters around 2k words. Aiming for a chapter a day or every two days is probably best.

My new webnovel also has short chapters, although I intend to lengthen them slowly as I go, as I wanted to begin using short chapters to get people into the story comfortably. However, I am going to aim for at least a chapter a day. Of course it will depend on my inspiration. There might even be days I'll write many chapters throughout a day. I was thinking it might be a good idea to roll a bunch of chapters out in intervals or at least a couple of hours. But I'm not sure how much that would matter.

In any case, if your follower base is steadily increasing. I think you're on the right track.

RE: What would be considered a "Popular WebNovel"?

When you add the following elements:
1. Untouchable OP MC. 800-1k follower or more over time + alright-ish grammar.
2. Harem. 1,5k follower or more over time. + good grammar down the line.
3. Not too stupid harem. 1,7k follower or more over time.
4. LitRPG/VRMMO 2k follower or more over time.
5. Steady release and at least 2,5-3k long chapter, 2,5-3k follower or more over time.

We are done here, let's go!
----
Jk... or not.
As people said, I think that if you have around 600-700 followers, it means that ur novel is fairly popular. Considering how few chapters you have, you can call it popular/rising star. Many people don't even read a novel before seeing at least 20 chapters. *Maybe I shouldn't write 8-10k long chapters? Humm*
*Nah, 1x700k was enough...*