Not sure if my ideas are worth investing in.

Hello not very experianced this is my 2nd story and I would like some thoughts on it it's called Future Magic. 
My idea is to somehow implement science with magic and mana which will spur the development of magic. Some idea on how to do that would be great. I am willing to change my system a bit or add to it if nesesary. Please PM me or post on here. 

I have another story Dragon Cheat which was well like before and posted another chapter today. Not sure it would still be well liked with the new changes to the stories? Would love some critisism on it.

Can also compare both my stories and tell me '' you did this in that and you can do the same in the other'' or something similar.

RE: Not sure if my ideas are worth investing in.

Speaking from a science fiction perspective, the best way to create something unknown like magic is to equate it to something which already exists - such as magnetism. To do that, make it caused by something we don't understand but is similar to that which already exists. In that case you'd probably need to create a new particle or substance with effects beyond the knowledge of current science, but internal rules and capabilities that are somehow comparable to known particles and forces.

Example: 20 years ago, scientists discovered minor deformations in people surrounding the impact area of a meteorite. Examining the alterations in the people's bodies and chemistry, they noticed gaps in their DNA structure where atoms normally should be - but nothing was there that they could detect. Over time, they classified this undetectable matter as "substance X" (whatever you want to call it), a newly discovered type of particle.

The concentrations of substance X increased several years later when a larger meteorite struck and its true effects became known. When stimulated by their surroundings, particles of substance X could attract or repel each other, forming seemingly quantum bonds with their paired particles.

<End sciency stuff>
Then from there, you could go on to make explanations as to how people managed to take control of their powers, how a denser concentration of the substance would mean stronger powers, what sort of mutations occurred and whatever other facts you chose. Of course this is an example - I would recommend you not use this explanation in most circumstances. Especially since this sort of power would only have an effect against others who possess the substance in their genetics to some degree. And also powers giving people mutations tends to get dark.

Edit: Oh, also definitely don't use an explanation like that in a story - that's info dumping, and should be almost universally avoided.
My (Science) Fiction - Desolate Stars.
And historical - Out of the Motherland.
Go to a new fiction. Review it. Help the little guys.

'Gamer1996' pid='827329' dateline='1503343393' Wrote: I mean science as in make mana do something on molecular level to say air,fire ext. not from technology

That's pretty much what modern thaumaturgy does in fate/stay night.
Sorry bout that. I mean't to use science, and not technology.

'bubbleduck' pid='827340' dateline='1503380140' Wrote: Speaking from a science fiction perspective, the best way to create something unknown like magic is to equate it to something which already exists - such as magnetism. To do that, make it caused by something we don't understand but is similar to that which already exists. In that case you'd probably need to create a new particle or substance with effects beyond the knowledge of current science, but internal rules and capabilities that are somehow comparable to known particles and forces.

Example: 20 years ago, scientists discovered minor deformations in people surrounding the impact area of a meteorite. Examining the alterations in the people's bodies and chemistry, they noticed gaps in their DNA structure where atoms normally should be - but nothing was there that they could detect. Over time, they classified this undetectable matter as "substance X" (whatever you want to call it), a newly discovered type of particle.

The concentrations of substance X increased several years later when a larger meteorite struck and its true effects became known. When stimulated by their surroundings, particles of substance X could attract or repel each other, forming seemingly quantum bonds with their paired particles.

I have to agree with bubbleduck, although I'm not sure if that's the info your looking for.

In the case of mana perhaps you could compare it with radiation. That's the only thing I know that's versatile enough to greatly affect things on a molecular level.

So, technology with magic is good, but the problem is that you require a SHITLOAD of research to get a single thing working. Such as, what magic helps what technology, how said technology works, etc.

Release That Witch is a good example of how it's done right, but once you read it, you know the author put in tons of time to get all the little details right, so I wouldn't go for it unless you really know what you're doing...

It's a difficult road getting in very deep in science, no matter if you plan on including magic or not. Your details need to be on point and research is a requirement. I take it you're planning on a more detailed approach than say "the gam3", or "A certain magical index"? For a story on RRL I would not try this unless you plan on investing a significant amount fo time, since the release pace is probably not going to be very fast.