Wolves don't bark and you feel pain in dreams

I had read a lot of novels here and there and the day come I have had enough and now write this thread.

Fact: Wolves OR foxes (cuz some idiots) dont bark or wiggle their tail. Accept it! If it does it is not a wolf. It is your domestic dogs behavior.
EDIT: I take back about foxes, they do wig their tails. Thx to Luciferia now I know she sent videloink to a cute domestic fox wagging tail. Ops, I wrote people writing that idiots? Sorry about that.
Still not sure about wolves though. Yeah, they CAN do it, and bark even. Well, Yeah my wording was wrong like whatever and like totally even forgot they even are able just only thought my mind was they dont act like a dog to humans. yeah.

Fact two: Tiger, lion etc do not purr. Only cats do that.
EDIT: Almost same thing. Lions can give out something that resembles purring, but in my mind also meant they dont act like cats to act affectionate via purring.

Fact three: What is this crap about pinching yourself cuz it might be a dream? I can imagine most people who write things like this did not have ever lucid dream in their life or do not even know what it is but writs things like that.
Let me tell you, even if you dream and you are about to test if you are dreaming or not by pinching yourself in your dream you WILL FEEL pain and then reassures yourselves that you are not dreaming while actually you are. It is common knowledge among those who know about lucid dreams. But even so, writing things like that are still stupid even for those who dont know about it. Like common sense if I have the awareness to question if it is dream or not probably I am not dreaming. No, actually since when do you question reality when you are awake. When you question it honestly and unsure it is probably a dream or are on drugs. Just watch your hand try to be AWARE to get a feel around you or do some impossible things like fly. If I can fly I am dreaming, and so far I did not fail to fly. Pain you can feel someone more realistically than other.

Fact four: for those reincarnation kiddos. there is no such thing as counting different world currency as USD or yen so we can understand value. Stupid. You can do that if there is a trade between Earth and said world otherwise NOT. Is it so hard to rite thing like 1 kg bread is 5 copper coin beer is 50 and meat 1 kg is 150 for example? Depending on circumstances. There is an abundant amount of meat in that particular fantasy world cuz lots of beasts hunted for example so meat happens to be cheaper than vegetable how the hell do you want to represent its value in form of USD or yen? It is not like you can go there and pay with visa.

Fact five?  Man, what is with people with both a pair of human ears and a pair of animal ears on foreheads. So disturbing cant you at least leave the human ears out of it?

Problem six: I am certain there are not many japanese people here why the san and sama stuff? Does people speak japanese there or what? Then write it down damn it. Here people speaking Japanese I just write it down in English. OR I a japan hardcore fan so use this elements cuz of fun regardless of logic. Get it people use such words and apparently the same system as japanese and just totally use it out of convenient not bothering to invent new words for that with maybe slightly different meaning or not just copy it wholly. cuz maybe if you not use it it would not be as cute cuz japanese so mainstream and cute okay get it get it. It is not even a problem just so disappointing.
probably a story you have already read many times just in different forms.

(Seriously there is a pattern in some light novels: dies, transfers to body of a family member, the family is high quality goods. the body was a trash kid and bullied or just looked down. engagement soon annulled right after transfer. and now comes rise in skill, personality change and capability and revenge and the one who arrogantly annulled marriage and bullies are full of regrets if they knew they would not have done it. if female there might be the powerful guy who covets her. I cant even know how many titles are there which contains this pattern or just a bit different. can tell 5 right away if you ask)

seven: Well just somebody tell me. When author says they are so damn fast mortals cant even see with their eyes things happening just how does it work when in middle of fight between two slash you have the time to speak complete sentences? yeah you know, if they totally take effort to talk cant they instead use that brain process effort to like totally cut bit faster to kill opponent right away instead? And they already fighting in incomparable speed it means they speak faster then they can slash and not in telepathy but from mouth. wow. That is the divine ability not some sun sundering heaven and earth shattering slash.

8: Well just totally remembered same thing not only borrowed feature from japanese subculture. Even the nosbleeding become a common biological reaction which as I remember a very rare occurance in real life.

And that might not even be common here at all only in anime or whatever or china. When yeah mc just happens to see the girl accidentally the girl's first reaction to kill him. yeah, why not. well mostly just punch in the face though. so, people, be aware of naked girls you might die.

9:mc lot of time dont kill beautiful girl that wants to kill him. The word beautiful acts like a divine protection, like plot armor. I am reading i shall seal the heavens, not bad, but dont know which bastard said the mc got no luck to achieve his things. Its like if he only had little luck he would have died long time ago.
BUT what i am talking about after a time I read- TADAM at the opposite army there is the heavenly divine girl disciple beautiful more than anynyan. That girl is enemy and totally wants to kill him with deep hatred. My conclusion: MC wont be able to kill her. The girl will come to like the mc eventually. And yeah, and at least the first part always correct, the second part is still in waiting for one or two but they will fall eventually like others. And that pattern is SO TRUE almost without exception.

Other question totally just to speak about it: there are the xianxian novels. aren’t you wondering how comes people cultivates hundreds years finally reaches pinnacle power acts like a lowly cultivator and pisses of mc. author like totally says how rare and great achievement but they just totally dies cuz they offend mc whose cultivation happens to be stronger. How the hell did he survived until that? the meaning of his life totally as so that he can arrogantly offend the mc and die because of it. if not, he would have died long ago with that kind of attitude. and moreover they are people who kill here and there and so arrogantly kills and totally freaks out when the same things in same situations just about happening to him. author totally says weak heart and weak cultivation. well, totally crap. hundreds years of hardwork totally wastes cuz they totally worth of darwin award and should have died sooner.

well just totally wrote some other stuff besides the fact things. well, i actually would welcome anybody sharing some more facts from 5. as 6 does not actually counts. maybe. like yeah stop writing about barking wolves. totally unlogical existences at least be it wolfdog mutant and i say ok. what purring tiger geez. at least say they mutated after lot generations after domesticating and every home has now  house tiger. why not purring wolves then? you think it is stupid? not stupider than purring tiger so it totally works if people so wants purring tigers.
there are domestic lions in homes and tiers in zoo near human. they totally not purring. like totally.
share your thoughts and totally stop the tail wiggling wolves. they aint real even in fantasy.

RE: Wolves don't bark and you feel pain in dreams

'Creepy Crap' pid='827398' dateline='1503588893' Wrote:
'LadyAnder' pid='827397' dateline='1503587333' Wrote: I  going to be that person and say, if you're going to make criticisms, make it easier to read so people just don't give up half way.

This is a wall of text making it hard to read. If you want  to communicate with  people, do so clearly. All you need is spaces between each point and then it's fine.

Done. Is it good enough?

Yes, thank you. :)

*pushes glasses up on brow* Actually you'll find my story is set in the world of Eearth, which is a place much like Earth - except wolves bark and wag their tails and tigers purr to show their happiness. Also unrelatedly leap years happen every five years instead of every four (original setting DO NOT STEAL). And because it's a video game system speech is a free action, everyone knows that.

Those guys with four ears are weirdos though, I'll give you that one.
~writing is hard~

-you forgot to inform us that pigs also don't go "oink! oink!"
-or that a single man cannot possibly win against a group of people, much less an army.
-or that a giant sword twice the size of a man could not possibly be used for quick slashing.
-or that man cannot simply teleport. don't get me started on how impossible that is if you apply science.
-or the fact that the loot money is always in coins and not in paper money!
-or the fact that horses could not possibly have wings. And whats with bunnies with horn! with HORNS! WTF! bunnies are cute furry thingies and WITHOUT HORRNNSSS!!
-or the fact that in some apocalypse stories they use ZOMBIES! what the hell is that?! the dead do not rise again, people! no matter how many times you pinch them.
-and what the hell are those giant flying lizards, no animal can burst fire in their mouth, people, HELLOOO!
- and why o why do all the reincarnation stories I read are all speaking in english?! they are in a different world people, you know, like different culture and such! not all of them are wearing cowboys hats and boots!
-AND WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP INSISTING IN CALLING IT ISEKAI?!!! NOT ALL OF US ARE JAPANESE! CALL IT "TRANSPORTED IN A DIFFERENT WORLD" LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!

[th_zilla2.gif]

You know OP, there is a simple solution to all our problems: 

we just stop reading.
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

batoit seriously missed the point. His examples totally works depend on circumstances. Cant add to the list.
Probably there is barking wolf just dont call it wolf. The language thing is just an eyesore actually not much a problem.
I dare you to say that in isolated world counting currency in USD or yen is totally logical.

AND PIGS DONT GO OINK OINK ONLY CATS DO MEOW CUZ IT IS A SOUND RESEMBLING WORD!(well there might be a word for that)

Okay purring cats and barking dogs are cute so barking wolves and purring tigers are cute too so it totally works, Now I understand.
CUTENESS OVERCOMES ALL!

Damn. But THEN, WHY DO WOLVES ONLY BARKS WHEN THEY JUST FINDS A MASTER? A PACK OF WILD WOLVES ABOUT TO TIER YOU UP SHOULD BARK TOO!!!!!

There's also the fact that just because you read on Wikipedia that a weapon has an effective distance of 300 meters, that doesn't mean that your going to be able to pull off consistent head shots with it. Its when I read things like these that I wish I have the person in front of me so I could get them to make that shot under a barrel of a gun and see if they could even see the target's head at that distance. And don't tell me its Handwavium magic, because if that magic also affects everything about the bullet trajectory, then you better account for powder consistency, bullet weight, its spin, direction of spin, wind, gravity, Coriolis effect, barrel quality, barrel temperature, ambient temperature, and a lot of other fucking things.

And yes, if anyone wants to ask, I like realism on firearms. Realism on everything really. #MakeFirearmsGreatAgain.

PS: There's also Blackpowder. Don't get me started on Blackpowder.
They said the world is ending.
They are wrong. Its only changing.
https://i.imgur.com/LqcYAhwt.jpg

Wolves barking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePYUDXCwXbs

Wolves are dogs.

"Wolf barks represent only 2.3% of all wolf vocalizations and are described as “rare” occurrences. According to Schassburger, wolves bark only in warning, defense, and protest" (1)

(1) Coscia, E.M. "Ontogeny of timber wolf vocalizations: Acoustic properties and behavioral contexts.". Ph.D. Dissertation. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: Dalhousie University.

Thx 4 input ranger.

And thx Jamey . So apparently wolves able to bark they just don't act like dogs.
Cuz the sentence wolves are dogs is incorrect. Like you won't say someone he got his looks from his kid they look so similar. Dogs are the subspecies here.
Once saw a document film maybe whatever it was about wolves and dogs and difference. So dogs are reliant on humans It is in their genes and learnt to use bark as a sign to humans.
It certainly was my mistake saying they don't bark at all.

'Creepy Crap' pid='827395' dateline='1503585719' Wrote: Fact: Wolves OR foxes (cuz some idiots) dont bark or wiggle their tail. Accept it! If it does it is not a wolf. It is your domestic dogs behavior.

Foxes do actually wag/wiggle their tail in a similar way to domesticated dogs. Their mannerisms are a mix of both canine and feline.

Domesticated Fox

Rescued Fox

Someone already touched on the fact wolves do indeed bark, so I won't mention that. :P

One of the fox vocalizations sounds similar to a bark, on top of the alarm bark that they have.

'Creepy Crap' pid='827395' dateline='1503585719' Wrote: Fact two: Tiger, lion etc do not purr. Only cats do that.

This part is up for debate in the scientific community still. For the great big cats (tiger's, lions, jaguars, and leopards), they make some sounds that are similar to purring, but whether or not they are actually classified as a purr is another matter.

Lesser cats (including domesticated cats, obviously) can purr. This includes cats like cheetahs and lynxes.

---

I won't touch on most of the other stuff since I don't write JP-, CN-, or KR-style novels and I don't write LN's either.

'Creepy Crap' pid='827395' dateline='1503585719' Wrote: Fact five?  Man, what is with people with both a pair of human ears and a pair of animal ears on foreheads. So disturbing cant you at least leave the human ears out of it?

Once upon a time, I did some drawings of one of my characters with both Elf ears + vulpine ears. It just looked so damn wrong. lol Thus, I decided to leave the Elf ears out of it. It's now one of my pet peeves when I'm watching anime or reading manga--animal ears + human/elf ears just...

How would that even work? Trying to wrap my head around the potential anatomy of it all gives me a headache.
Looking for stuff to read? Click below to navigate to my stories.

https://i.imgur.com/r6iTizF.jpg

Wolves actually are dogs. Just not "domestic dogs" (though there is disagreement that they are the same as well). All members of Canis are Canines (including Wolves, Coyotes and Domestic dogs), the word Canis means "dog". It's just like all tigers are cats, just not domestic cats.

best,

Jaimi

'Creepy Crap' pid='827614' dateline='1504532853' Wrote: Thx 4 input ranger.

And thx Jamey . So apparently wolves able to bark they just don't act like dogs.
Cuz the sentence wolves are dogs is incorrect.  Like you won't say someone he got his looks from his kid they look so similar. Dogs are the subspecies here.
Once saw a document film maybe whatever it was about wolves and dogs and difference. So dogs are reliant on humans It is in their genes and learnt to use bark as a sign to humans.
It certainly was my mistake saying they don't bark at all.

Allright canis are dogs and wolves etc... but we always differentiated them with these words. Now shall i go and say that labrador is not wolf? That sounds... not correct.

Dogfart: No shit, wolves can wig their tails. Well, I probably can't counter that you are the one who spent an amazing amount of time to deduce that so I can just belive but don't tell me it is comparable to said dogs. Domestic ones. Like, yeah these rants was all about typical annoying things like how a wild wolf the next day purr and wagging like a dog. All I remember, cuz not seen dogs with my eyes, so in video where day concretly compare them so dogs wants the attention of man while wolves they enjoy company they are there but didnt bother . Well, maybe I assumed wrong cuz said wolves were not fanatic ones as said types whom turn tamed right away fanatically in short time. therefor no waggings.
I Just also remember reading this as a fact. Never mind, not that you missed a lot in life not reading to the last letter.

Well i got to the conclusion is, purring wild cats(cuz their purring totally not natural instinct) and wagging wolves are part of the protagonist power. fantasy everything goes. like stormtrooper effect.

oh i add new shit to list i think

Well im nt zoologist, and the words i wrote was borrowed from people whom know it better. document films i used to watch some time ago precisely. national geographic on TV. THERE they said that cats have that purring instinct and the wild cats not. (said the same thing about dogs and wolves too. that wolves dont bark to get attention of humans. There was that experiment where dogs barked to get attention cuz they dont have thumbs and couldnt get food while wolves didnt do it, didnt rely on humans and tried to get said food anyway and they grew up with humans)

There are cases of domestized lions, well its rare, and well you know i didnt ask them if their pets are purring just like a cat or not. It is my guess but I think you didn't either.

I get it so wolves same type animal can do it just dont do it or even do it just I dont know about that . I even saw some videos some people get along some random wolves and how friendly they are. (The same even could be said to lions but that dude is crazy.)

But now you say the same about lions? That is not something easy to accept cuz, you know, the know it betters said it concretely that is not the case. They said cats do it on instinct cuz the domesticated for long a while its natural for them to get attention of humans with purring. Not something they learn from watching their parrent cats doing the trick or something. Well It is not like they checked the cat gene and searched the exact geneelement which maked them do that and came to conclusion but certainly there is a reason they came to that conclusion.
Do you know it maybe better than them to be so confident. Are you a zoologist yourself?