Why Is Every Single Story In The Best Of Section Of Wattpad Awful?

Every. Single. One.
 My first time on RoyalRoadL I read plenty of pretty good stories in the best of section before I had to start digging deeper to find older good ones. Topwebfiction was the same thing.  Not every story fit my tastes but there was more than enough goodness to keep me around. I'm not looking for perfect grammar or anything but every single story on the best of wattpad reads like a unicorn taking a dying shit in my eyes.
An Urban Fantasy Set In A Unique Universe
Eight God Engine

RE: Why Is Every Single Story In The Best Of Section Of Wattpad Awful?

Mostly the problem lies on the fact that Wattpad is focused on making money, so their system is based around making the popular stories and authors stay popular (you'll notice there isn't any support or advertising interfaces for new/growing authors besides some very superficial ones). The people who got in early while Wattpad was still going through its growth stage were able to rely on its success to multiply their fanbase. Their talent or effort doesn't matter at this point. Not to say all popular writers on Wattpad are bad writers. Just that it is very easy for a popular writer to stay popular regardless of what they write, and subsequently it is very hard for a new writer to become popular regardless of what they write.

RE: Why Is Every Single Story In The Best Of Section Of Wattpad Awful?

Hate to say it, but also because Wattpad has a different user and writer base. People on RRL are usually people who are more dedicated to writing; we're more educated, put a lot of effort into our writing and try to respond to criticism and suggestions as best as possible.

Wattpad, on the other hand...you can kind of tell its userbase by the type of stuff that goes up on there. Like really, I can basically separate Wattpad into a few different sections:
-Oh god why fanfictions that just focus on shipping oh god the grammar
-A few attempts at actual fiction
-Pirated rips from websites such as WW and other translation sites

tl;dr: different userbase, and yes, as Andrew said, the fact that Wattpad is based off of making money, so maybe the writers have more incentive to pump out chapters instead of writing quality chapters.