At what point should I add the gore tag to my story?

I just wanted to check at what level of violence should I add the gore tag to my story? some blood, some blood and death, some blood death and brain matter, etc,  or just the fact that I'm even thinking of maybe needing the tag for a seen or two is enough that I should add it?  I don't plan on needing it too often since I'm trying for a more light-hearted story but there might be a seen or 2 in the story that might need it here and there.

RE: At what point should I add the gore tag to my story?

If you're not going to have regular gore (slit throats, spurting blood, decapitation, lost fingers/hands/limbs, disembowelment, etc.), then wait until you actually put it in the story, and add the tag before you upload the chapter (so that people won't see the tag and expect gore before you put it in). Add a warning at the start of the chapter in the Author's Notes at the top as well, to tell people that there's gore in the chapter, so they will know before reading it.

- Bokuboy

I continued Master of All, Jack of None (16 chapters) as a fan-fiction. Chapter 17 to 790 (completed) are here: Mythran's Master of All - Continued.
I have a new original fiction (scifi with VR) on the go here: L.I.F.E. Begins.
Check out some of my other stuff as well by going to my profile and clicking 'fictions'.

RE: At what point should I add the gore tag to my story?

A bit late, but I would suggest adding the tag if you intend to add even just one scene that depicts particularly bloody or gruesome scenes to inform readers that such a scenario will be added to the story eventually. Even if there is only one such scene, add the tag.

- Lone
The Sloth of yore. Do not disturb his slumber lest ye wish to lose thy head.