RE: I spent all night making a video telling the history and defining litRPG

First of all, this is not a criticism. You mentioned that you spent all day to make this so I just assume this is an important project for you. Think of what I am saying as notes.

According to you, your definition of LitRPG:

1. The story contains a defined system. 
2. takes place predominantly in a virtual world
3. characters know that they're in a game

dude, you just snub the whole isekai sub genre, how about the dungeon stories? the people who reincarnated as monsters? those are LitRPGs as well, if not more, than the stories with VRMMO.There are stories out there that although has a system, but either belittles it or even not mention it at all. A good example of this is the "The Game is life" by Terry Schott. Then there are stories wherein the game system is actually part of their daily life or a "God's message" and not a game. some examples are Sufficiently advance magic by Andrew Rowe and the popular manwha "The Gamer."

But that is not the point. You are trying to define LitRPG. there is nothing wrong with that, but you are trying to do so in a western POV when you yourself realize that it is a phenomenon that is sprouting all over the world, most notably in russia and china. You base your definition with what Aleron Kong, whose very definition of himself as the father of american LitRPG is highly debatable at best, had said, and then use football as an example to say that mechanics are clear and easy to understand. I hate to explain this to you but football's rules still baffle most none americans. You should use games like "tag" as a simpler mechanics to understand.
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

RE: I spent all night making a video telling the history and defining litRPG

First off, well-made video. No doubt about that. Worth watching.

There are some things I disagree with, but as batotit masterfully analyzed a certain problem, let's make the check if my story (which is labeled and openly accepted as litRPG) qualifies...

1. The story contains a defined system.

Only a handful of people even use something like a system, the so-called "heroes." They don't know what the numbers they can look at have a defined meaning, as there can be noticeable differences between similar stats, there are things like [Skills] which just creates exceptions, and some stuff are a bit muddy in their effects.
Well, it's part of the story to unravel the mystery of the hero-system, so let's give it a hard-pass, suspecting that I gave it some thoughts and didn't think stuff up as it goes, a defined system, but vague in its implementation. If I did it, I might have done more than some VR-litRPG authors I had the pleasure to read. ^_^

2. takes place predominantly in a virtual world
Ah, definite fail. The protagonist is summoned to another world, and only other summoned people even get something like the hero-system. The protagonist got cut, got scratched, got stabbed, got burned, got crushed, fell down a giant mountain-creature, got nut-shot, and I should consider, if I haven't made him suffer enough already... meh. He bleeds, he feels pain, when he kills something the body stays - even after weeks! - it all feels very real, he hungers, he gets sick, and stuff doesn't revolve around him, this would be a horrible game...

3. characters know that they're in a game

Well, the character is not in a game, but aware of himself being an alien element in the world. Does that qualify? The stakes are real, returning home is the goal, while being part of something which is kidnapping in its core. Also, there is a life to consider, as there doesn't seem to be any respawn mechanisms.

Well, enough of it, it's just a tad sad to see the own story being disqualified by a definition... it's not like I knew the term litRPG when I started it, but that tag somehow grew fond for me...

What I also missed (though I may not heard it) is the... well, RPG-aspect of the story to be included into the litRPG-genre. I mean, why the Matrix, if it feels like there isn't a single RPG-archetypical element there? I mean, progression is found in strategy games as well, more troops and buildings, the story continues, in some you can earn special benefits by doing certain missions, if progression would be all, would Resident Evil also be a RPG then?
While I won't dare to define where RPGs start and end, I think that the Matrix would be more of a game like Assassin's Creed or some Hack'n Slay with basically no RPG-feel (just getting more moves, more damage, more health, maybe an upgrade for the weapon, while there are neither levels nor stats).

I don't want to complain to you, I want to give you feedback, as you made this threat for this purpose, I suppose. I think that the video is well made, but maybe the content may need some more thoughts at this point. I can totally see, that you may not like other forms of litRPG, don't consider them as litRPGs or plainly forgot/didn't know they were there, in the heat of the moment can happen a lot.
I'm looking forward to what you'll do with this feedback. :D

Btw, got not a single football reference. ^^'