Anyone interested in Conlangs?

Idk if this is really the forum to pu this, but:

Constructed languages. Made-up languages. 

I'm in a constructed languages class, so I'm always up for talking about them, though not really up for arguing about auxlangs, just to put that out there. I won't get into that. Mostly, if you have a conlang you've made, I'd love to know about the weird things that happen in you language. 

If you want help making one up, I'd be willing to help ^^
Come Sevenfall  
Seren Ynys Online
Haven in a Dangerous World

Please, enjoy and visit me at my wordpress, https://comesevenfall.wordpress.com/

PM me if you see any grammar mistakes :D

Cakemen will eat cake!!!! For New Poland!

RE: Anyone interested in Conlangs?

I wish I had the time to really flesh out the fake language in my story but my skill with language in general is just not equal to the task. It was kind of a big oversight on my part considering how integral to the story my fake language is but v(-_-)v whaddya gonna do

Mad respect to authors that actually have the time and skill to craft a whole new language just for a fictional world though.
~writing is hard~

You mean like Esperanto, but for use in fiction? Like the Elvish in LOTR, which even has original written words and dialects?
Hell no.

The fake language in my fiction is only to the extent of slangs and occasional slur. I take words from real world languages that I think have cultural similarities to the ones in my fiction and warp those words until I like how it sounds. I'm curious, what methods do you learn for creating words in your conlang class? Do you actually have methods for it, or do you just make things up like I do?
https://image.ibb.co/fLhqAH/Fay_and_Friends.gif << Clicky!

Not OP so I've never taken a class like that but there *must* be a lot to it. How language comes to be isn't particularly opaque and you can study any number of real world languages (including dead ones like latin) to learn how they were formed, the etymology of words, how they evolved over time, and any number of other things (like how the Germanic languages all have a parent language, the Romance languages similarly, east Asian languages that share character systems despite not sharing spoken word or grammatical principles, and don't even get me started on dialects, the pronunciation of words, the number of distinct sounds in a language - or what people call "Chinese"... the list of topics goes on forever!).

So, when you do your world building, create your language, you can model those things in your fictional setting (depending on how well you understand those topics of course). Too much work for me though x)
~writing is hard~

I have "made" languages before, I have a generator I like to use. It takes the characters you put into your alphabet, whatever they are, and writes the words you've chosen out in those characters. I've only done it twice but both times I used the Russian alphabet (because it looks pretty surreal) randomly inserted into the alphabet into this language and then chose what words I wanted/needed most in the story. It also will write out sentences for you.

Example of one: ???, ?????? ?? ???. ????? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ???? (--so apparently this site doesn't like russian)

Which in the story translates to "Words, become my own. Settle in my mind and give me power!" (magic my dudes, this is also the older story so it sounds kind of childish)

In reality it translates to "zds, become my code. cttle c my md d gi me pozya"

So I'm apparently like 1/5th good at Russian as my random assignment made some words but the rest is nonsense.
Seriously tho, have you ever seen an emotional duck? 

The simplest way is to make a simple letter by letter swap of an existing language. This is useful to make puzzles that are challenging yet not impossible. Like word locks for door or riddles. Especially useful in a D&D campaign.

The more unique the language, the harder it is to make it a useful story element I think.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/788b/f/201...3i1dw1.jpg

One example is the Phyrexian language from Magic. Apparently they made a full blown language, but ultimately nobody could crack it. I would have liked more if it was a letter by letter sobstitution so that we could have made fan cards written in Phyrexian.

An example done right is the Na'vi from avatar. Dictionaries are aviable for that, and there are people who can actually use that!

In conclusion, I like made up language that can be used by hard core fans, even if they are simpler.
https://www.royalroadcdn.com/reyadawnbri...TcjPAk.jpg
Twilight Over Arcania - My take on the resurrection theme