Tired of epic stories that feel hollow? No consequences? No challenge?

Do you find yourself loosing interest when the hero prevails? When he yet again optains power, victory, love.. Simply because he is the hero? 

Sick of the endless impossible situations that are overcome, simply because the hero must come out on top?

Would you rather read the story of the outsider, the man who struggles to prevail? Who struggles to even belong?

In this story, there is no god watching over him. There is no deus ex machina.
No god from the machine.
Only Man from the Machine.

Are you ready to begin?

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/8440/man-from-the-machine
Are you ready to begin?

RE: Tired of epic stories that feel hollow? No consequences? No challenge?

'Hasty Tortoise' pid='828407' dateline='1507511564' Wrote: You can definitely write a synopsis. If this series doesn't contain cliff hangers on the regular, I'll be disappointed in you for wasting this talent.

Well then I'm sorry to disappoint.
I wanted to make a more realistic, and down to earth, take on the reincarnation genre. This unfortunately includes a slow childhood where not a lot happens most of the time (That is not to say that nothing happens, it does), amping up the pace and action considerably with every major event that happens.

After he gets out of school I intend to make it a separate title so you can read that without reading the slow stuff I'm writing now, so people can treat it like a prequel or a very long prologue. Or you know, ignore it completely.
Are you ready to begin?

RE: Tired of epic stories that feel hollow? No consequences? No challenge?

'Hasty Tortoise' pid='828427' dateline='1507571898' Wrote: @PapaTank

Seems like a bother to waste creative juices on a slow start, but it's not my story. I will take a look still, I don't mind a slow story if it's well written. Either way, you've caught my attention.

It is, but the story demands it. I hope I don't betray your expectations then.
Are you ready to begin?