RE: How do you find new novels to read?

I suggest that you don't follow any of that. 

Well, you can check the top 50 just so you will know what kind of story you really like. Then after that, EXPLORE. 

Wade through all the older stories and check them out and I can guarantee you that you will find a gem or two. You might even find a story that you might not really be looking for but suddenly become the genre you will suddenly be obsessed about.  

Stop doing the mainstream way and find out what really this site can offer you. There are tens of thousands stories in RRL and lazy readers kept complaining about those selfish authors who go in Hiatus and left them hanging as if their lives are the only thing that matters. Anyone who tells you that they have already read them all is lying who cannot be bothered with turning the search page for another few more times.

So do your own exploring, like your very own dungeon dive. Tired of the epic quest novels? try a few one-shot stories. Tired of too many gore and violence, try romance! too many magic? switch to sci-fi for a bit. hell, in the privacy of your home, why don't you read a few BLs and traps, you might enjoy it (wink).

The point is, discovering new stories are half the fun on this site, so good luck!

[th_096_K.gif]
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

RE: How do you find new novels to read?

Honestly, I hit the "Surprise Me" button when I'm in the mood to read something. :P 

The very first time I did it, it got me this cringy RomCom with an obvious self-insert as the MC. The second time I did it? I came across this amazing Sci-fi story that was very well written with incredibly interesting characters.

So yeah, it's pretty hit-or-miss. But hey, there's always a chance you'll come across a total gem of a story.
"The others said that they saw a dog the size of a tree, but they didn't. Dogs are not as big as trees."
-Lisa, 5 years old.

I am extremely bad at advertisement, so I'll just link my story here and let you guys be the judge.