What Inspires You to Write?

For curiosity's sake. :)

Some people say that inspiration can come from the smallest of things. Others say that they're only inspired by important events. For me, it depends on the day. On good days, I can easily just pick up a pen/create a new document and write while listening to some music. On really bad days, it's a lot harder to find the inspiration to write...but I find that channeling your emotions into your writing can often have a very unexpected result. Either you'll end up with the most beautiful, heart-wrenching tale ever, or it will be a bunch of nonsensical garbage. Either way, I'm inclined to agree that even the smallest, most insignificant things can trigger inspiration. Just depends on the person, I guess.

What about you guys? What inspires you guys to write?
"The others said that they saw a dog the size of a tree, but they didn't. Dogs are not as big as trees."
-Lisa, 5 years old.

I am extremely bad at advertisement, so I'll just link my story here and let you guys be the judge.

RE: What Inspires You to Write?

My mind wanders the most when I'm taking a stroll in the woods. Or when i'm working on a task that does not require conscious thought. like driving in a free highway or washing the dishes.

I also like to build new universes before sleeping.

Other than that I may randomly think of something during the day and make it into a plot thread.

Or I immerse myself into a character and simulate what's happening around them.

if it's an action packed scene that comes easy to see it unfolding.
https://www.royalroadcdn.com/reyadawnbri...TcjPAk.jpg
Twilight Over Arcania - My take on the resurrection theme

Regarding to the tread mentioned by Tanaka, I felt it was slightly different from this thread.

The other thread asks about motivation for you writing and keep writing. To me, motivation is the reason you are doing something. While, inspiration is the spark of creativeness, passion, or emotions driving you.

In other words: motivation is the push, inspiration is the pull. Your external and internal, respectively.

What the f*ck I'm writing about?

So... Back to the question, "what inspires me to write?"
Something that propels me to pick a pen/open a document and make words appear and form sentences?

There were a few times where an idea just appears in my head just thinking of something random or go about my daily life.

Hmm... I really don't know. I had reasons/motives to write but what inspires me?

I guess from reading. When I read other people's works, it just makes me want to write (if I feel like it that is, lol). Create stories that I wanted to read, share, and shape it how I want it. But inspiration are like fleeting moments, it comes and goes. It been a whole month that I didn't post any new chapter with unfinished drafts on my computer.

Ah life, it always throws a smack of reality into your face! It's depressing.

Is that a good answer, even I don't know. Sorry if this post was off tangent. Just rambling off the top of my head.

'node.' pid='828593' dateline='1508128259' Wrote: Regarding to the tread mentioned by Tanaka, I felt it was slightly different from this thread.

The other thread asks about motivation for you writing and keep writing. To me, motivation is the reason you are doing something. While, inspiration is the spark of creativeness, passion, or emotions driving you.

In other words: motivation is the push, inspiration is the pull. Your external and internal, respectively.

What the f*ck I'm writing about?

So... Back to the question, "what inspires me to write?"
Something that propels me to pick a pen/open a document and make words appear and form sentences?

There were a few times where an idea just appears in my head just thinking of something random or go about my daily life.

Hmm... I really don't know. I had reasons/motives to write but what inspires me?

I guess from reading. When I read other people's works, it just makes me want to write (if I feel like it that is, lol). Create stories that I wanted to read, share, and shape it how I want it. But inspiration are like fleeting moments, it comes and goes. It been a whole month that I didn't post any new chapter with unfinished drafts on my computer.

Ah life, it always throws a smack of reality into your face! It's depressing.

Is that a good answer, even I don't know. Sorry if this post was off tangent. Just rambling off the top of my head.

I think that’s a perfectly good answer. :)

Most of the time, we really can’t explain why something inspires us; it just does. One person may see somebody taking out the trash and just think “Oh, must be garbage day.” Somebody else might think “This is a responsible person who must’ve had quite a few trial and errors throughout their life to get to this point. I wonder what their story is?”

Brains all work differently. I guess that’s why this question intrigues me so much lol
"The others said that they saw a dog the size of a tree, but they didn't. Dogs are not as big as trees."
-Lisa, 5 years old.

I am extremely bad at advertisement, so I'll just link my story here and let you guys be the judge.

'Tanaka Tomoyuki' pid='828604' dateline='1508147063' Wrote: I posted a link to that thread so that HR-Kain can read some of the replies there and maybe get a few answers to his question, and not because I wanted to shut this thread down or stop people from posting here.

I apologize if I came across as harsh or condescending. That was not my intention.

No need to apologize! I knew what you were trying to do. You’re good. :D
-Lisa, 5 years old.