RE: Runtime error

I have the same problem. For more than 30 minutes when I try to access any royalroadl page I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <customErrors mode="Off"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Hello there. I would like to say that I, too, am having the same problem: Runtime error. You see, I was supposed to post a new chapter to my story and when I click preview, this happened. I tried opening the other tabs that I opened as I was also reading other stories from RoyalRoad. The result: all tabs had runtime errors in them. Whether I refresh it or open a new tab, it still happens. Now, my unedited work is gone because I didn't save it and I had to start all over again. I just lost a chapter with more than 6k words which I was writing for 2 days. I just want to say I'm really pissed right now though I can't help it since I am just an amateur that is unpaid.

This happened before though it immediately returned but now, I can't post a single thing nor read the stories from the home page. Please help. I'm a free, unpaid amateur writer but posting my works brings me some self-fulfillment. Please fix it if you can.

'Scubierscuba' pid='828941' dateline='1509077038' Wrote: Guys all yall have to do is reset your cookie

Thanks, deleted cookies and so far it is working fine.
Have a cookie. (the sweet one not the deleted one)
“So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.” 

― N.H. Kleinbaum, Dead Poets Society

There is no major course for concern here, and no need to delete cookies or anything.
It appears to be a server error bleeding through to us, which means the server has some error and it has nothing to do with your computers/devices.
Typically the server will detect it has an error and will reboot itsel or an admin will do it (I am not a ServerAdmin for rrl), so it is just a question of waiting it out.
If this happens to you again, I simply advise to take a break and do something else, like a long toilet break. It typically takes somewhere from a few (1-2) minuts to half an hour and it will be up again, at least in my experiance with this site.