Stories about building a kingdom/city or starting a business in a fantasy world.

My main interesting is in fantasy stories based around the idea of the main protagonist working with other's to build a kingdom or at least a city of some kind. Preferable with magic or special abilities. Reincarnated or transmigrated are options if they gain some kind of abilities or knowledge to work with that concept.

Also along the same lines I'd like some suggestions about stories were the protagonist uses there abilities or past life knowledge to start a business.

Preferable I don't want them to start doing something like that only to later walk away and turn into another dungeon or adventuring story were the business or city only comes into play as some sort of dues ex machina or an excuse to allow the characters to do something they normally wouldn't. If they do go adventuring I'd prefer it be a side part to support the main story rather than the main focus with this city or business as the side part.

Thank you a head of time for any suggestions!

RE: Stories about building a kingdom/city or starting a business in a fantasy world.

* ~ atros imperium (rrl)
* ~ release the witch (nu)
* ~ A realist hero kingdom's reformation chronicles (nu)
* i am monarch (nu)
* tale of reincarnated lord (nu)
* Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite (nu)
* ~ Risou No Himo (nu)
* Wicked Underground Empire (nu)
~ # Parallel World Pharmacy (nu)
~ 4 Billion To Other World (nu)
our new world (http://yukkuri-literature-service.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html)
~ Seiun wo Kakeru (nu)
Tensei Shitara Slime (nu)
Stranger's Handbook (nu)
Dungeon Instinct (rrl)
~ Domain of Man (rrl)
* log horizon
overlord
* ~ Nobunaga’s Imouto is My Wife (nu)
Garudeina Oukoku Koukoku Ki (nu)
* ~ Otherworld Nation Founding Chronicles (nu)
# Netoku Otoko no Tanoshii Isekai Boueki Kikou (nu)
* Jinrou e no Tensei, Maou no Fukkan (nu)

* ~ Lord Kalvan
daniel black
* ~ conrad stargard
* ~ destiny's crucible
* kingmakers (honor raconteur)
* perimeter defense
* bobiverse
awaken online
chaos seed
* world at war online
dragon's wrath
* ~ the casere
Nighlord
dark lord's handbook

etc. https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/92192.Empire_building_conquering_ruling

* dwell deepest into kingdom/city building out of all those in the list, the others simply don't go into as much details and whatnot
~ involve bring 'modern' knowledge into the applications
# business theme rather than city/kingdom

RE: Stories about building a kingdom/city or starting a business in a fantasy world.

'scarface' pid='829331' dateline='1509867795' Wrote: I have been looking for exactly what you mentioned here. But unfortunately I did not come across such stories till now. Although you can try Red Lands. It has 30 chapters so far and revolves around MC doing business. Here is the link: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14278/the-red-lands. If you know any you have read....please leave a comment.

I did discover one story. https://royalroadl.com/fiction/14363/a-good-bargain It's only up to chapter 7 right now but potential. The author hasn't posted in 15 days at this point but I'm hoping that will change.

Thank you mlovolm For all the suggestions. Several of those I've read on NU but I've stopped reading them. I'm getting sick of the japanese cliches and writing style. Still I'm definitely going to look at them.

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10442/this-is-the-wrong-world

This is the wrong world: LitRPG, OP female MC, 20 chapters out, the author posts once every 7-8 days (right now at least)

Izo, the MC got transported to a different world with her class. The goddess is major bitch though and after being insulted curses Izo.
Even though she is cursed, she finally succeeds in killing the demon lord and is transported back to her world ... only that it is the wrong world (modern, but with game elements) and her version in that world has already died after being kidnapped. Thus she takes the place of the other version (with rich parents). She still has mad skills from the other world though and is looking for a way to make money without having to explain about her skills. So she opens an auction house, where she can sell her potions and the drop items from the high level dungeons.

There are other stuff happening as well, but her business is a focus.

'Elins' pid='829480' dateline='1510088070' Wrote: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10442/this-is-the-wrong-world

This is the wrong world: LitRPG, OP female MC, 20 chapters out, the author posts once every 7-8 days (right now at least)

Izo, the MC got transported to a different world with her class. The goddess is major bitch though and after being insulted curses Izo.
Even though she is cursed, she finally succeeds in killing the demon lord and is transported back to her world ... only that it is the wrong world (modern, but with game elements) and her version in that world has already died after being kidnapped. Thus she takes the place of the other version (with rich parents). She still has mad skills from the other world though and is looking for a way to make money without having to explain about her skills. So she opens an auction house, where she can sell her potions and the drop items from the high level dungeons.

I was following this story. But it went on hiatus for a long time. Though it seems to have restarted again. Interesting story where focus is on OP MC establishing a business.

'Elins' pid='829480' dateline='1510088070' Wrote: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/10442/this-is-the-wrong-world

I had come across that story before but I think that was during a hiatus. Now that's it's restarted I'll definitely to a look. Thank you for the suggestion!

Try Akuyaku Tensei Dakedo Doushite Kou Natta, it's pretty good and its not cliche. Although, you might have to grit your teeth for the first dozen or so chapters as the MC experiences hardship after hardship for a pretty understandable reason. It's not, however, kingdom management but more fief management and that doesn't start until the first 50 or so chapters. I still find it an enjoyable read with a pretty likeable cast of characters and the villains aren't stupid either, in fact the villains so far have been intelligent according to their status i.e a nobleman acting like an actual nobleman using politics and their influence in a subtle manner and not the cliched "I am so and so, therefore bow before my might and let me explain to you how I will destroy you so that you can ruin my plans! muhahahaha!". Well, the past 200 chapters haven't had that so far.

Anyways here's a description from novel updates:
"Eliza Kaldia, who reincarnated as a noble girl villainess in a fantasy otome game, was stuck in a world that seemed far from her image of how noble girls should be living, as the fated events of the game were still far off while she remained a child. In the first place, it was suspected if she could even live to make it to the school setting of the game. Due to changes in the situation of the neighbouring country which never appeared in the original game, the world became nothing like the flowery school life from the game. It was a world where even young girls had to take up weapons. How did it turn out this way…

I don’t have any cheat-like abilities. I can’t use magic. Though, my sense of ethics might have become a little twisted due to being reincarnated."

There is also "A Hero's War" by jseah. Over a 100 chapters, but I'm only at ch 60 somewhere. Author seems to have come back from a kinda hiatus (posts every 1-2 weeks, instead of 1-2 months).

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/2826/a-heros-war

Story: Two guys get transported to a different world where magic and monsters exist. One is summoned as a hero, hailed as a saviour and sent out to find a legendary sword (that's Mory). The other wakes up in a monster infested forest not knowing where he is and how he got there. Finding a village only to be fighting and fleeing from zombies soon afterwards (that's Cato).
Main story centers on Cato, an engineering doctorate student that is absolutely incapable of using even the tiniest amount of mana, while he reinvents much of Earths technology and new uses for magic (even though he can't use it he still studies it). So he has business ventures, research (a university), also the goal of turning society upside down and bringing an industrial revolution (empowering the commoners through the rise of technology). So it has emphasis on the topics of technology, but also changes in society and politics through innovation. Author seems to know his/her stuff, dunno if the social concepts and developments are done correctly, the technology part is.

I also find this very interesting, because I study engineering (electrical though, so I wouldn't be of as much use as Cato, lol). It does get quite technical at some points, but as I said, those are parts that I enjoy. Magic seems to be something that has logic and laws as well, at least that's what's hinted at and Cato has a lot of questions on it, that he wants to answer with his research. I did skip/skim some of the "Catos Notes" chapters, where he notes down what he found out and what he still doesn't know, so I don't actually know too much about his theories on magic.

PS: I had a typo and accidently wrote "A Hero's Ear" instead of "A Hero's War" :D 
"w" and "e" are just too close... Thank you, "Preview Post"-function!

Taleweaver in sig.

Warning: starting and running the business isn't the main theme of the story, but it's still central. Science Fantasy, portal -style story.

I suggest this one. Although it only has a few chapters so you have to wait patiently, the speed of the release is considered fast and the story itself will have deep depth in the later part of the story. It's title is Dainatian Chronicles and it can be quite dark.

The Main Character is not OP and will help one of the demon king raise a powerful nation.

Link: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/15156

Synopsis: Betrayed by people he once trusted, Dantalian sets off on a journey of vengeance. Follow him on his journey of self discovery and vengeance as he takes each step in his twisted fate. But with danger lurking everywhere, will he succeed?

Re: Stories about building a kingdom/city or starting a business in a fantasy world.

I think it's better to open a business in the real world than the virtual one, but I have nothing against it because everyone does what they want and how they like. 
Obviously, in real life, many are afraid to do something because it is always risky and every step must be thought very carefully and this scares many. 
Anyway, I wasn't scared and I decided to try my luck and I started a business some time ago. 
In the beginning, some actionable ideas for business helped me a lot, where I got things I didn't know about until then. 
At the moment I don't have very big achievements but anyway I have beautiful achievements that I can be proud of.

Re: Stories about building a kingdom/city or starting a business in a fantasy world.

scarface Wrote: I have been looking for exactly what you mentioned here. But unfortunately I did not come across such stories till now. Although you can try Red Lands. It has 30 chapters so far and revolves around MC doing business. Here is the link: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14278/the-red-lands. If you know any you have read....please leave a comment.
For the latest chapters:

#245: https://onlinewebnovel.com/

#317: https://www.patreon.com/The_Red_Lands