RE: Lit RPG Recommendation

How the weak live

by 13900IPForThis
(Weird name, I know)
http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14752/how-the-weak-live

New fiction, at ch 12, frequent updates. Author says it's more of the Dark Souls equivalent in LitRPG, so no easy journey for our MC. I would especially recommend this because of the authors oaths (they'll follow at the end).
The setting: A rather grim fantasy world at war suddenly gets a game system with status and levels.
Characters are well done, the world can be pictured vividly, as the author knows how to present the premise and ambience this fiction is set in. It does seem like there will be a hell lot of character development, which is always a plus. The story has only just started so I can only tell you that it has a lot of potential.
Careful!! Info about MC is kinda spoilerish and I don't know how to add a spoiler here!!!!
Lucious, the MC, is a deserted former child soldier. A lot about his background is still not very clear, except that his parents died in a battle. The author said that there will be revealed more as the story goes on...

THE 7 REALLY IMPORTANT OATHS

1. Clichés shall be avoided like the cancerous tumors they are.

2. The world shall not spread its pink butt cheeks for the main character’s convenience.

3. No character shall be thinner than one slice of white American cheese.

4. No female character shall serve to highlight how overpowered and fabulous the main character is.

5. No villain shall serve to highlight how overpowered and fabulous the main characters are.

6. Grammar laws shall be upheld sometimes.

7. I, the author, swear not to be a  prick.

'Tanaka Tomoyuki' pid='829793' dateline='1510523548' Wrote:
'Elins' pid='829790' dateline='1510520754' Wrote: New fiction, at ch 12, frequent updates. Author says it's more of the Dark Douls equivalent in LitRPG

Do you mean Dark Souls?
Haven't you heard of Dark Douls before? (Doul is not a word as far as I know, too bad.... )
S and D are just too close on the keyboard.
On another post I wanted to recommend A Hero's War and wrote A Hero's Ear! By far my best typo :D

'ThePhenomenalSecond' pid='829783' dateline='1510517188' Wrote: Can anyone recommend me a LitRPG where the MC isn't OP and isn't a sociopath? Sort of like the anti Arifureta.

I'm writing Nighthunter.

Human woman transported to another world who transforms into an dusk elf. She doesn't even have a class yet, but she's trying to help anyone else brought there.

Only 11 chapters on so far though.
Total Words: 596,800; Highest Ranking: #260; Unique Followers: 6,084

Ah, Arifureta. One of the reasons, why I started writing. To protest! :D

Maybe my story, "I hate being wed in a fantasy world!", might interest you, though I'm clear here, the protagonist is a misanthrope and therefore socially not very capable. It's like the scenario: What if the loner of the class actually has some traits, that would make him a loner. Not an actual sociopath, though sometimes he might be very borderline for some readers.

As this story is the result of a protest, many of the usual tropes and setting basics are there, like a Japanese highschool class being summoned into a fantasy world, the obligatory harem, the litRPG-system, but all of them are somewhat twisted or put to another sort of extreme.

While the MCs are powerful, they aren't OP, as the challenges they're facing are numerous and difficult. It's less about an underdog who becomes insanely strong, but more like a classic tale, where a youth comes into age. Cringing included!

'kentusrpg' pid='830112' dateline='1511005405' Wrote: Ah, Arifureta. One of the reasons, why I started writing. To protest! :D

Maybe my story, "I hate being wed in a fantasy world!", might interest you, though I'm clear here, the protagonist is a misanthrope and therefore socially not very capable. It's like the scenario: What if the loner of the class actually has some traits, that would make him a loner. Not an actual sociopath, though sometimes he might be very borderline for some readers.

As this story is the result of a protest, many of the usual tropes and setting basics are there, like a Japanese highschool class being summoned into a fantasy world, the obligatory harem, the litRPG-system, but all of them are somewhat twisted or put to another sort of extreme.

While the MCs are powerful, they aren't OP, as the challenges they're facing are numerous and difficult. It's less about an underdog who becomes insanely strong, but more like a classic tale, where a youth comes into age. Cringing included!

I'm not even joking, I also started writing as a protest to Arifureta and Sword Art. XD