RE: Idea for a novel

'Tanaka Tomoyuki' pid='833618' dateline='1521161217' Wrote: I don't understand what you mean by skynet?

From the Terminator wikipedia. 

Quote:
Skynet is a fictional neural net-based conscious group mind and artificial general intelligence (see also superintelligence) system that features centrally in the Terminator franchise and serves as the franchise's main and true antagonist.

Rarely depicted visually in any of the Terminator media, Skynet gained self-awareness after it had spread into millions of computer servers all across the world; realizing the extent of its abilities, its creators tried to deactivate it. In the interest of self-preservation, Skynet concluded that all of humanity would attempt to destroy it and impede its capability in safeguarding the world. Its operations are almost exclusively performed by serversmobile devicesdronesmilitary satelliteswar-machines, androids and cyborgs (usually a terminator), and other computer systems. As a programming directive, Skynet's manifestation is that of an overarching, global, artificial intelligence hierarchy (AI takeover), which seeks to exterminate the human race in order to fulfill the mandates of its original coding.
Check out my two stories if you've got the time.
• Whatever your heart desires, whether it be wealth, power, fame, or infamy, only those who've earned it themselves may claim it. Embrace your angels, let loose your demons, or simply wipe the slate clean. Only the strong survive within the Ether.
Join Experiment XZ as he embarks on his journey in order to find out who he truly is, what awaits him as he ascends, or descends into Ether.
Embrace the Ether

• A shroud of darkness hides the night. The sounds of battle echoes throughout. Steel on steel, clashing in the unknown. A clash of death, uncaring and unjust. A band of mercenaries surround a mysterious figure clad in ragged black robes. Beneath its weathered cowl, two bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness. Finally, they’ve found him.

RE: Idea for a novel

'Tanaka Tomoyuki' pid='833627' dateline='1521186721' Wrote: I know what Skynet is, being a Terminator fan. I don't understand what he meant by a LitRPG Skynet novel? Uh, so what, is he looking for a Terminator fanfiction that has RPG elements or something?

I took it as him wanting a story where the LitRPG's main character had some sort of evolving hive-mind like power. To grow, to adapt, to become a legion. 

The mix of a supercomputer's mind mixed with a leveling system from LitRPG's could be interesting, to say the least. It would solely depend on the author's ability to adapt the idea without doing it a dishonor, something I'm not confident in myself.
Check out my two stories if you've got the time.
• Whatever your heart desires, whether it be wealth, power, fame, or infamy, only those who've earned it themselves may claim it. Embrace your angels, let loose your demons, or simply wipe the slate clean. Only the strong survive within the Ether.
Join Experiment XZ as he embarks on his journey in order to find out who he truly is, what awaits him as he ascends, or descends into Ether.
Embrace the Ether

• A shroud of darkness hides the night. The sounds of battle echoes throughout. Steel on steel, clashing in the unknown. A clash of death, uncaring and unjust. A band of mercenaries surround a mysterious figure clad in ragged black robes. Beneath its weathered cowl, two bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness. Finally, they’ve found him.