RE: Lookig for a good dungeon core novel (s)

Dungeon Heart? One of best written novels I’ve seen anywhere so far. But might want to be more specific. Usually wouldn’t need to be but this is dungeon novels and stuff can get nasty quick as in most novels a core feature is killing adventurers. Dungeon heart is best of this genre of books so far for me because there’s a reason besides power and survival. And the MC is true neutral so anyone that dies kinda bit off more than they can chew so kinda can’t blame their deaths on MC

'Zarek212' pid='834278' dateline='1523925758' Wrote: I'll check it out barracudaz

Don't bother with the Bound Dungeon.  "Hiatus" is a generous term.  The guy posted further and further apart, then his last post said that everything was good and that he'd be posting a lot more often.  It has now been 8 months.  Don't bother with it. 

My two current recommendations: 

Bunkercore - Dungeon core meets fallout.  It's a refreshing change to the genre.  It's written by the same guy who did Threadbare, and is of very good quality.  The only downside is that it is only about 2 months in, so you'll very quickly get caught up and want more.  Chapters are short and there are only about 18 thus far.

Dungeonheart - One of the best on here, in my opinion.  The quality was lacking in the first chapters, with bad spelling grammar, but the story was interesting.  After a while he seemed to be making less errors and the story really began to shine.  It's a story about a dwarven master smith who becomes a core.  He is a perfectionist and crafts his dungeon with less of a focus on killing and growth, and more on quality/beauty.  The downside is that the author has been slowing down his releases as of late.  We're currently seeing 2 to 3 weeks between chapters.  The chapters are a decent length, and there are a decent number of them, so it will give you a lot of content to read through. 

There is no Epic Loot here, Only Puns - This has been my favorite of lately.  It's about a pacifist dungeon core that tries to exist peacefully and without killing, though she would do so to stay alive if need be.  The chapters are longish, and even though it's only been around for about three months, there is a decent amount to read before you get caught up.  The writing style is akin to The Wandering Inn meets Dungeon core.  I put it off to begin with because the title made me think it was going to be a Xanth-esque story, filled with puns.  It isn't.  The title is simply referencing the core's personality and what she wants to do.  The dungeon inhabitants are also vibrant characters in their own right, and not just mindless fodder.  The story also deals with residents of the nearby town and the dungeons interactions with them.  The downside is that I want this to release daily and for longer chapters so that I don't have to bother looking for other stories to read.

There was a big reddit thread about this, I suggest taking a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/litrpg/comments/6p94d6/books_similar_to_the_divine_dungeon/

My personal recommendations would be divine dungeon and bound dungeon (even if it's discontinued, I agree with Barracudaz, it was probably the best in the genre. Most dungeon novels go on hiatus, so just because the other ones mentioned aren't yet doesn't mean they won't be. May as well read the best ones.)

Re: Lookig for a good dungeon core novel (s)

When someone is looking for a dungeon novel I will always recommend There is no epic loot here only puns: Great plot, character, and unconventional dungeon build.
So here is my dungeon reading list:
1. There is no epic loot here only puns: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/15935/there-is-no-epic-loot-here-only-puns
2. The dungeon calls for a sage: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16679/the-dungeon-calls-for-a-sage
3. A dragons dungeon: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/17197/a-dragons-dungeon (Hiatus/ Haven't been updated in 1 month)
4. The pink dungeon: https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16611/the-pink-dungeon (Hiatus/Rewrite/Haven't been updated in 2 months)

There are also some from Novel Updates that you can check out such as:
1. Dungeon Maker
2. Dungeon Hunter
3. Dungeon Defense

hey,if you want to find more dungeon story then you can check our discord server,there are several dungeon there ,you just need to check the #author tag to find those story
https://discord.gg/ur8XRf
need material for research and improve ? ,you can check my post on the forum here :

Forum And Writing Directory for Authors. (full)
https://forum.royalroadl.com/showthread.php?tid=98657 

For advise of how "not" to do it
https://forum.royalroadl.com/showthread.php?tid=98644 (this give advice of how "not" to write here,and how to use Cliche right) 

'Barracudaz' pid='834268' dateline='1523882457' Wrote: The Bound Dungeon was  one of the best dungeon novels before dungeon heart , main reason due to its hiatus, but it's still good, even though any hope for an update has stopped.

You clearly have not visited the bound dungeon page in a while.

I would recommend: 

Dungeon Core/Realm Heart. A Wuxia god has his soul trapped in a dungeon core. While the main character builds a dungeon, it is not the main focus of the story. Most attention goes into the characters and their strife. Well written and active with 24 chapters. 

Chronicles of a Dungeon Core. It is a great book and lots of fun, not that well written but simple and sweet. It follows a dungeon core from birth that is quite different from others. With that said do NOT read past chapter 77, the book takes a 180 degree turn and not only does it become nothing like it was before, you will spend the next fifteen or so chapters reading about how the main character is tortured. It does not improve much after that.

The Dungeon of Evolution. The book is active and although it doesn’t have many chapters they are long and well written. It follows perhaps the best mage and dungeon researcher the mortal world has ever seen who has died and been turned into a dungeon core by the gods. He is tasked with ensuring that the his universe does not run out of mana, as it barely has enough to function. This has ten chapters and is active.

The Dungeon Calls for a Sage. The strongest dungeon or ever exist commits suicide just before it is conquered. The dungeon, Archimedes, however is given a second chance to find purpose in life. He starts from scratch with a new dungeon core, but this time trying to find a meaningful purpose to fufil. This has twelve chapters and is active.

A Dungeon Core. Written by the same author as Mystic Ink, a man from Earth is forced into a dungeon core against his will. He sets out to regain his body, in the process accidentally creating someone who has the ability to control him. Since he saved that person’s life and they are a good person he finds himself in a interesting situation.

The Bound Dungeon is a great story, but only one arc is out and the author is looking to rewrite it. I would suggest waiting a few months to see what the author will do before you pick it up.

All above mentioned books are litrpgs. And as a side note do not read Dungeon Heart if you are looking for something similar to Bunker Core, it is much more of a cliche’d archetype than a story.

Re: Lookig for a good dungeon core novel (s)

Quote:You clearly have not visited the bound dungeon page in a while.

Neither have you.  The bound dungeon isn't being updated.  The author just popped up at the end of April after a 10 month disappearance, added an "update" which is talking about how he wants to drop the story.  That was enough to remove the HIATUS tag, apparently, but nothing has happened since.  If you are saying that the author's posting an update is sufficient to return hope that the story will be resumed, perhaps I should quote the text from the top of his most recent chapter that was followed by a 10 month hiatus:

Quote:Hey all, here's chapter 34.
Sorry for how long it's been. I'll try to get the next chapter up in a much more reasonable time.
Hope you all still enjoy my story.