RE: Looking for good stories to read

Late Night At Lund's is an ongoing (one book finished, second begun) about a woman from our world who is transported into a fantasy world that works on D&D 5th Edition rules. Good story.

Manapocalypse is a real world transformed into game system story about a family headed by a survivalist dad who, annoyingly, turns out not to have been crazy paranoid in his plannings for the end of the world as we know it. Most of the chapters are from the POV of the teen daughter, who's okay, or the younger son, who goes from absolutely, infuriatingly annoying to maybe not all that bad over the course of the story. My opinion, obviously. The story is done and the author has talked about going over it again to revise it.

You can use the advanced search (or click the link) as there is a tag for stories with game elements, it's litRPG. With Virtual Reality, Summoned Hero, and Reincarnation you can quickly narrow down to the different troupes. It's a bit to recommend only a few with simple wishes like yours. You can also choose a status (ongoing, completed, hiatus, all)

I also write a litRPG-story, it's "I hate being wed in a fantasy world!" There the MC is transported into a fantasy world as a hero, alongside his classmates. The heroes have access to the hero-system, which has great similarities to a game-system at first glance. A mixture of comedy, satire, and unlikeable characters, that somehow still grows to the readers. :P

'Hephaestus' pid='834248' dateline='1523842755' Wrote: So I'm trying to find completed or ongoing stories with game elements like arcane emperor, or real life becomes an rpg like the 8th day or game on or quite a few others transported to a game elements or rpg world or reincarnated are good too please any suggestions

Legend of Randidly Ghosthoud - Earth gets converted into a videogame-esque reality.  An alien system appears that suddenly makes everything into an rpg game and the world is split into zones and monsters suddenly appear.  Most of the population dies in the first days (think zombie invasion) before they start to band together and stand their ground.  The main character is someone who instead of getting an easier tutorial-like difficulty, was placed in the middle of an advanced dungeon by a system error.  By the time he escapes he is the zones most bad ass person.  This one has been going for a year or two and has a ton of content.  Elements: Levels/Classes/light City Building/Reality turned into Game - The downside is that I've been pulling my hair out over the author's inability to differentiate between "past" and "passed". 

The Wandering Inn - This is the reason I constantly return to this site.  It is also the only story whose author I support through Patreon.  The Wandering Inn is the story of a young lady (19 or 20, I think) who lived in our world until one day while doing something completely mundane, she takes a corner and suddenly finds herself walking into a dragon's lair.  In her mad dash away she discovers she has somehow been transported to a magical world.  Once she stops running, she takes refuge in an abandoned inn and tries to survive be foraging and sleeping on the floor.  After cleaning her place up a bit, she is awoken in the middle of the night by a message that tells her she is now a level 1 innkeeper and it gives her a few innkeeper skills.  The RPG elements are fairly light, no stats, just classes/levels/skills.  People don't get menus, just notifications when they sleep of improvements, and there is no guide to tell them what the classes/skills do for them.  The story line begins by only following the main character as she is trying to eek out a life on the edge of civilization, and later becomes a fascinating story of grand adventures and heroes, as well as politics and fun.