Questions for my very first story.

Hello, and good day my name is Cerubion and i plan to start a Story of my own, as i greatly enjoyed many works in this Forum i startet to plan my own little Story.

But i think i will need some pointers before i start my work.

1. Can someone give me tips on dialoges and monologues? english is not my Native language, so i find it a little hard to come up with decent dialoges between characters and give em the right feel of beeing a individuum.

2. Im Planing some Individual races which i have not read of before in any storys i have seen so far, that a good idea?

3. I am creating my own unique World with Citys marks and all that stuff, hell i am even trying to draw my own map, should i post the Map online with the Prologue when i am finished or should i keep it secret? as many things will be shown there which will only be known later in the Story.

4. If someone has any other tipps i would be really grateful :)

ah and i did read all the stuff in help sections, but i feel like im lacking some knowledge.

RE: Questions for my very first story.

Hey, I'm not exactly an expert here but I have my long standing story and no one has yet called me out on having it be unrealistic so I'll give you my two cents.

1. Myself I never actually looked at any guides or anything about how to write them. What I did though was read dozens of fan fictions then real books and then back to original fictions on sites like fictionpress, wattpad and then royalroadl. And I still read real books, the published ones. I think this is actually the best way to do it and talking with real people is good too. The best way after writing a line is think whether anyone in your opinion would utter it in real life. If not, better change it.

2. Unique races are always good. Some people lately have even been complaining about the fact that most of the characters are humans. That's why I think your new race will be welcomed with hands wide open.

3. What concerns map, I'm not sure. It's good to have one for yourself but it's really not the most important thing for readers. From my own experience in reading, I just glance at it once and then forget all about it. Well, maybe look some place up if I find something strange, the travel too fast or the path wasn't descriptive enough to understand how and where the character went like what happened in Eragon for me. So  I'd say put it up if you have a good quality one that you'd like to share but don't fret over it if it's nothing much. No one will die and without it ^^

4. My best advice would be write what feels right and then see what your readers will think instead of worrying about that and giving them only what they want. Sometimes they don't really know what they might like themselves. My best chapter yet was one that wasn't something you'd expect reading over thirty chapters of my story yet for some reason people still loved it.

That's why I'd say just write what you like, the story you would want to read and then prove to people that actually they want it too ^^
Dream Chaser - After the world got destroyed, four people find themselves in a society under the feet of an Energy user. It is their wish to survive and help those around them, but how do you fight an opponent that can shape the whole world as they see fit? 

https://i.imgur.com/CvprWNR.png
You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It might just turn out he doesn't have one.