Question II

OK so this area says question; so i kinda want to ask what most people are using to type up their light novels?
I thought about just using my email as a draft: however i wanted to ask especially after seeing all of the tables and other things used in the novels. I read the post on the codes not sure how they work exactly, but I'm thinking that you type in the code and then just copy and past it from where you are drafting to your FF area. Anyway the main thing i would like to know is what most people find easiest to use to type up their FF.

P.S.
I would also love some information on: skills, cities, and maps etc.

P.P.S
I have read up to the current volume and chapter of LMS and a couple FFs but would love any information.
I did read the FF writing guide and a couple of the posts under it...

Re: Question

@wi1dbi11
I find it easier to type everything in a word document. That way I can cover most of the spelling errors, and grammar (sometimes). Word also picks up on some typos, which is helpful. Afterwards I copy and paste it to the forum and change all the parts that need bbcodes.

As for your other question, I would suggest this.
Its a link to my discussion thread, but there are other links to stat explanations, and a map of the continent, etc. I find it very useful.

Hope it helps.
My life, -
How much more of it remains?
The night is brief.

- Shiki

Re: Question

I'm not 100% sure what you meant.
I was just using a normal text editor. If you don't have one, feel free to use Open Office. It's a free, and the download size is like 150MB, so much quicker than trying Microsoft Word.

EDIT: Open Office is a full package, so it has a 'Writer' (Word Editor), 'Calc' (Spreadsheet Editor), 'Impress' (Powerpoint), etc. a full description is here.

I hope that was what you meant.
My life, -
How much more of it remains?
The night is brief.

- Shiki

Re: Question II

Have a question here.

RR have max 15 stats for character. But as time go by, Weed have more than 15 stats. Is this rule only for stat that can rise by add point or for all kind stat?

Royal road maintain 100% by AI (Goddess of Versailles), is possible that rule can be updated by triggering of an event like players can choice Orc and Dark Elf Race after Weed finishing Necro quest?

In farther volume SeoYoon offered to become vampire race, If she accepted will vampire race open for all players?

Re: Question II

I would guess it was 15 empty stat slots, excluding the ones you start with. But for fan fiction, you don't need to stick to the same limits, nor is there any pressure to fill them up, so it doesn't necessarily matter.

I don't get what you mean by rule. The A.I. can change the rules of the game, if that's what you're asking. If you're referring to the rule of the A.I., then keep in mind that the A.I. "rules" by determining cause and effect, sort of like the random number generator which "rules" fate in rpgs through deciding whether or not an attack is critical. Versailles does not "rule" Royal Road in any sense of the word.

I would imagine that some races aren't starter races. I was under the impression that vampire was a race which was stronger than starter races, sort of like a class advancement or a hidden class in relation to most classes. Though with fanfic canon doesn't necessarily matter.

RE: Question II

I mostly type on my PC, using google docs.
I do have some extra txt files in which I saved the templates for a tables and such.

For example:
Code:
[align=center]
[table]
[tr]
[td100] Main Page [/td100]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td2] Previous Page [/td2]
[td2] Next Page [/td2]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/align]

which gives you this:

Main Page
Previous ChapterNext Chapter

Then I just copy the address of the Main Page, highlight the 'Main Page' Part in the script, click Link and just follow the instructions.
Rinse and repeat for the 'Previous Chapter' and 'Next Chapter' and the readers can continue onto the Next chapter (If it's up) and some such.

Same thing for any table I use, I have a Template prepared and just change the necessary parts.

The good thing about using google docs: spell check, RMB research (if I need synonyms), and I can send a link to potential editors and such