I want to do a ff but I'm not sure about stats and stuff

Everytime I think about writing a ff I look forward to it until the part when I'll have to write about levels, stats, skills and stuff. I just want to write about RR being a VR system that can be used like a sandbox for people to experiment things they can't do in the real world for fear of repercussion. However, I'm not confident that I'd be creative enough with stats and all of that. For example, if I were to write about someone who just went around looking for herbs to smoke and killed some things just because they are bothering him, I'd have to raise his level eventually, some stats, maybe give him skills like herb collecting and stuff like that. But I feel like they'd really get in the way of my creativity.
{[999baz}]

Re: I want to do a ff but I'm not sure about stats and stuff

Well i understand your problem, actually i also want to write a fanfiction about VR , however i believe that keeping stats and stuff is necessary because at some point you can't help but feel that it's no longer a VR ff and more of a strange fantasy story who try to look like a VR .
Do you know someone who would accept to cowrite a VR ff?
English is not my native language so i really someone to proofread it.
Also, i'm not confident to be able to do it by myself yet, i need some help in order to be able to write a good story and keeping it as close as possible to a VR story with stats,skill and objects (including weapons, equipements and artifact).

"sentry9119" Wrote: Well i understand your problem, actually i also want to write a fanfiction about VR , however i believe that keeping stats and stuff is necessary because at some point you can't help but feel that it's no longer a VR ff and more of a strange fantasy story who try to look like a VR .

This is true. I mean, I never keep track of the stats, but it's important that the fiction is a VR, as opposed to something like Mythical Legends where it's clear that the game part is an afterthought.

"Besatnias" Wrote: Everytime I think about writing a ff I look forward to it until the part when I'll have to write about levels, stats, skills and stuff. I just want to write about RR being a VR system that can be used like a sandbox for people to experiment things they can't do in the real world for fear of repercussion. However, I'm not confident that I'd be creative enough with stats and all of that. For example, if I were to write about someone who just went around looking for herbs to smoke and killed some things just because they are bothering him, I'd have to raise his level eventually, some stats, maybe give him skills like herb collecting and stuff like that. But I feel like they'd really get in the way of my creativity.
{[999baz}]

What I do is keep a spreadsheet that tracks all the skills and levels my character has gained. I write my story without worrying about the numbers, then enter the "results" of each chapter into the spreadsheet (gained levels, items, etc.) before I write my next one.
But really, most readers don't care that much. You can say that you skipped a few weeks and the character gained 15 levels (or whatever), as long as the story makes sense, and every time you mention a level, it's not lower than when you mentioned it before.

RE: I want to do a ff but I'm not sure about stats and stuff

Status Window
Name:???Alignment:???
Level:??Class:??
Race:??Gender:??
Titles
??
Fame:??Infamy:??
-
Health:?? / ??Health Regen:?.? / Sec
Mana:?? / ??Mana Regen:?.? / Sec
Stamina:?? / ??Stamina Regen:?.? / Sec