RE: could someone explain to me how to post a chapter

'Amadan Na Brion' pid='370711' dateline='1444765975' Wrote: Hi, i recently started a new fiction but i'm not sure how to make a new chapter. when i click on the new chapter option under my fiction it just comes to an option to post a thread.

The 'new thread' will be a 'new thread' under the fiction title you clicked 'new chapter' for.
That's how you do it :P
(((The "thread's subject" -in this case- is the name of the chapter...)))

So I understand the concept of posting a chapter. But how do you do post the chapter in such a way as to not have to fix the spacing every paragraph and every time a character says something? When I'm posting like 10 to 20 pages per day, cut and pasted from word....I then lose a lot of time having to go back over it and adjust the spacing on every line.

I think the readers would rather have that time be productive into making actual progress on the story.

If it matters I'm cutting and pasting from my own saved word chapter docs, because the word format is easier to see and work with before bringing it in.

Also there's the issue of how do you delete chapters and stories? I toyed with this idea because in my existing readership I could say hey I'm going to post three chapters each of two new stories, and then let the readers vote on which to keep and then delete the one that is the low votes. By doing it that way I don't have to build a readership from nothing....but I can't do that without a way of being able to delete chapters.

'naosu' pid='398096' dateline='1446626538' Wrote: So I understand the concept of posting a chapter. But how do you do post the chapter in such a way as to not have to fix the spacing every paragraph and every time a character says something? When I'm posting like 10 to 20 pages per day, cut and pasted from word....I then lose a lot of time having to go back over it and adjust the spacing on every line.
Word treats the 'return' or 'enter' input as a paragraph break, while forum software treats it as a line break. If you want Word to reflect how things would appear on these forums, modify your Paragraph Style options under the Spacing category so 'After:' is set to 0 pt. (You'll end up putting in two breaks instead of one each time.)

'naosu' pid='398096' dateline='1446626538' Wrote: Also there's the issue of how do you delete chapters and stories? I toyed with this idea because in my existing readership I could say hey I'm going to post three chapters each of two new stories, and then let the readers vote on which to keep and then delete the one that is the low votes. By doing it that way I don't have to build a readership from nothing....but I can't do that without a way of being able to delete chapters.

I'm not quite sure what you intend to do with deleting chapters, but if you want to delete a chapter, the option should be at the top of the thread when you edit it with the 'full edit' option.
Phantasmal Architect and Author of Tidal Lock - A SciFi VR Fiction
Support your Authors