Reading Haven

I tend to read a lot. Many hours in a day, actually. Bright white burns my eyes, small fonts strain them. Sometimes people post ten chapters on one page, and you just can't finish it all right then. Sometimes things come up.

So, while reading, I made a script that fixed these problems. Now, I've made it into an (unlisted) Chrome Extension, and I'd like to share it, so other people can check it out. It's available on github as well, where you're free to view the source.

Not EVERY chapter is perfectly compatible, a couple seem glitched- but 99% of the ones I've come across work perfectly.

If you don't like the colors, you can easily download the github repository, add an unpacked extension, and edit the CSS file to have the colors you like. Personally, I like black backgrounds and white text. Unfortunately, white text is a bit glaring, so I made it an offwhite leaning towards red, and have had no issues.

For simplicity, I'll restate the controls. Go to a chapter on royalroad, and click the post/text of the story you want to read. It should replace the page with just that story. You're now in "reading mode". You can't exit it, but if you refresh if vanishes until you click the post again. I'm not sure if I want to change that.

Normally, if you want to save a place in the chapter you're reading, you might copy some text where you left off, save it in a file, and then Ctrl +F that location later.
This works the same way. Highlight some text, press enter, and it basically Ctrl +Fs that text and highlights it. To get rid of the marks, hit F7.
The extension also rewrites links in reading mode, making them all open in the same tab by default, which saves me much hassle.

Any thoughts?