Chappy seeks new adventures - ALWAYS

Chappy here, I've started to grow quite addicted to reading novels and am now seeking help to quench my ever growing thirst for more.

I'm specially seeking fantasy stories, preferably in a Swords & Sorcery (medieval world) setting,  and preferably with MC not being human and MC not being dumb.
Last thing being MC should be somewhat strong, not necessarily OP but at least grow throughout the story.

Personally I'd suggest these Fan-fics / novels for those that has a similar taste:

The Damned
MC is slightly pessimistic, but who can blame him with his background story?

Lair
Interesting take on how a labyrinth / maze come to be and is ever growing as we know them from all those stories we read.
-- MC is not the dungeon core, but part of its ever growing mechanism.

Evolve
Interesting take on the Xianxia genre in a world of beasts.

Spectral Regalia
MC makes good use of tactical knowledge, being a spectral being & having knowledge from old world.

Falling Star of Evolution
MC starts out Human, but would probably say he becomes more than human.
-- Only thing to note here is that we currently have a lack of Karnage, story hasn't been updated for almost a month now T.T
--- Probably the story I'd rate the highest of these 5 stories I've put down here in this thread.

Either way these are the 5 Best I can think of I've read or are currently reading.
Hope to see some good ones posted in response, I'd love to read some more great stories.

And before hand Chappy thanks!
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

RE: Chappy seeks new adventures

My Lord, third person speech... Ah, oh well, personal issue in that regard. 

Obviously Best Rated would be the first place to check, a fair portion of those lean towards the fantasy side of the spectrum. Further still, most contain strong MC's and they tend to be smart and most here have learned some of the annoying attributes of Japanese light novel protagonist.

As with most cultures, each tend to have a different, 'flavour' so to speak. 

CLN:  Could be something to the effect of CCM (Close Combat Mage) or Sword God... ah something. Too many chinese novels i've read contain those words. Or are ridiciously similar. I digress, Zhou Long, Gods and Demons World, and anything by I Eat Tomatoes. 

Seriously, google it. He is known for ridiculous  exaggerations but his web novels are top notch (Thanks REX!)

JLN: Could be Rising of the Shield Hero, Wordmaster, Arifueta(sp?) and So What if it's an RPG?! , SAO, LOGHORIZON, GATE: New World, and the novel version of Vanadis as it is significantly better than the anime. Plus longer. 

Otherwise there are plenty more hidden gems in the western department. Fimbulwinter was a enjoyable read for me, O.R.I.G.I.N. ARS, and Mike777's Hardcore OP-ness/Eternal Soul? (The name escapes me at the moment)

Anyways that was just some that I could think of in about a minutes time, hopefully some are new otherwise I likely know more obscure ones as well. Though, they may not be for you considering the specifications.

If this is an issue, please let me know, as I don't know the nuances of linking outside RRL, but anyways a generic link to possibly heaven for you:

Bato.to Forums

Thanks for the respone Ambush.
Apologies for the 3rd person speech, simply a little internet Roleplay....

Either way, appreciate the lengthy list of suggestions.

Diffidently agree on Hardcore OP-ness by Mike777, on that note for anyone that likes that, RE:Hamster is similar in being quite vulgar yet funny.

As for JLN I've read or currently following:

• Word Master

• Arifureta

• So What if it's an RPG (dropped-Enjoyed it somewhat but ended up being really bored)

• Dragon Bloodline

• Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

• RE:Monster

• Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

• Skill Taker's World Domination ~ Building a Slave Harem from Scratch

• World Teacher

• To Deprive a Deprived Person

• Young God Divine Armaments

• + another 34 I'm not gonna bother listing. Above listed JLN are the best I can think of currently.

Mentioned JLN are mostly novels with MC being either OP or a rising star, just thought I'd mention for anyone looking for new material.

Last being CLN, usually I've been trying to keep as far away as I can from Xianxia or anything resembling CLN due to the exaggerated way they write.
"His hair was blowing insanely in the air" <-- Say what?
So yea only reason I've actually even bothered reading Evolve and Falling Star of Evolution was because I didn't realize until I started reading it, ended up giving it a chance since it was of English origin.

For anyone else that might drop by, I'm always seeking new material so keep 'em coming!

edit: Just to add, would love direct links for the novel.. because you know lazy? (Bet I'd make a fine Demon of Sloth)
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

'Ambush' pid='474589' dateline='1451791609' Wrote: Sword God... ah something. Too many chinese novels i've read contain those words.

Supreme Cosmic Sword God Overlord

It's usually the Xianxia genre ones which have really exaggerated names like that.
Unfortunately, the characters in them are all human, unlike what the OP wants. If you can call immortals that.
They're not immortal immortal though. They die when they're killed.

Of course, becoming "immortal" requires reaching a certain power level.

'ClearMadness' pid='476177' dateline='1451881888' Wrote: Try my fiction, The Iron Teeth. It's about a goblin trying to survive in a dark fantasy world. I've been getting great reviews. To be honest the main character starts off kind of dumb, but not in the way your probably thinking of.

Sure I'll give it a read!
Appreciate the heads up, been searching around for a while and have yet to even see that title.

edit: *thumps up* Just read the prologue, like your writing style, seems to be a good balance between talk and details.
edit2: Blame everything on the horses.. love it already.
edit3: I can feel after reading the first 8 chapters (7+prologue) that it's a little different from what I'm used to, since it feels a little slow on progressing, apart from that I'm quite enjoying it. Will be something I'll be reading over some time, but diffidently something I'll be following.
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

'ShiftyCake' pid='477975' dateline='1451989563' Wrote: Hey, I don't really like self-promoting but you can check out my story if you want: Monsters Paradise

Only saying anything because what you were describing matches my story exactly haha. At least I think? Well, I hope you enjoy it.

welp I'll read it, not many chapters to go with yet...
That said seems to have potential from what I read, just please don't turn it into a "Flame burst", "Thunder clap!" fest where all you see is MC or side characters yell skill names... literately nothing more boring to read than that.... well that's my personal thought at least. Only read first 2 chapters for now. Will post more feedback when done reading the rest.
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

Hello Chappy! Based on your tastes, I think my novel Overseer would be right up your alley! It's inspired by God/management simulators like The Sims, Black & White, and Civilization, and takes a look at the evolution and maturing of a species through an ageless and omnipresent entity's eyes. From their birth and discovery of simple, but smart, lizard creatures, they grow emotionally and through experiences and pieces of memories while helping to cultivate the lizard species towards a promising future. There are many emotional ups and downs (I've been notified of sweat falling from eyes and even some manly tears), but many readers have enjoyed it. Although updates aren't as consistent as I would like, there is a definite ending the story is headed to (so it will not be ongoing forever until boredom is had).
{| Overseer is a proud initiate of The Order of Phantasmal Architects.  A group of authors of high quality original fiction. See link for other great works.|}

'Solistia' pid='480163' dateline='1452130834' Wrote: Hello Chappy! Based on your tastes, I think my novel Overseer would be right up your alley! It's inspired by God/management simulators like The Sims, Black & White, and Civilization, and takes a look at the evolution and maturing of a species through an ageless and omnipresent entity's eyes. From their birth and discovery of simple, but smart, lizard creatures, they grow emotionally and through experiences and pieces of memories while helping to cultivate the lizard species towards a promising future. There are many emotional ups and downs (I've been notified of sweat falling from eyes and even some manly tears), but many readers have enjoyed it. Although updates aren't as consistent as I would like, there is a definite ending the story is headed to (so it will not be ongoing forever until boredom is had).

I'll be giving it a chance then, just ran out of stuff to read a few hours ago. To be honest I've already been having an eye on it, but the whole "management" 3rd person view kinda ordeal kept me away.
I'll be reading the first 3 chapters or so for now though to see whether it'll catch me or not, thanks for heads up.
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

'Chappy' pid='480206' dateline='1452132571' Wrote: I'll be giving it a chance then, just ran out of stuff to read a few hours ago. To be honest I've already been having an eye on it, but the whole "management" 3rd person view kinda ordeal kept me away.
I'll be reading the first 3 chapters or so for now though to see whether it'll catch me or not, thanks for heads up.

Here's to hoping you like it! (my suggestion would be to read until chapter 7 for chance giving, only because it seems to be my most popular chapter and gets far more comments than any other! They're short enough that 7 chapters isn't too terribly much to dedicate to ;D) If after that it doesn't hold your interest, then I can only wish you the best of luck on finding stuff that really hooks you!
{| Overseer is a proud initiate of The Order of Phantasmal Architects.  A group of authors of high quality original fiction. See link for other great works.|}

You can try reading my story, Labyrinth of puppets, if it interests you.

http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4171

Description.
Since long ago, one of the puzzling places in this world is the labyrinth: a complex maze filled of death-dealing traps and monsters. Others who had brave these mysterious floors managed to attain wealth, fame, and even innovation, but some of the unfortunate ones experienced the most gruesome and painful death.

Those who are courageous enough to traverse the labyrinth, despite knowing the danger that entails, are called adventurers. Schools were erected for the sole purpose of nurturing talented and vigorous youth, hoping that these able bodied youngster could solve the labyrinth’s never ending mysteries.

This story details the journey of a young man who was born and raised in a family of prestigious knights. Rejecting the life that was set to him, he decides to follow his own path — to be a Magus. Christopher takes on his mother’s name and enrolls at Rosetta, the biggest adventurer’s academy in all of Scaldus. What will his future bring?

'Small-san' pid='480348' dateline='1452139786' Wrote: You can try reading my story, Labyrinth of puppets, if it interests you.

Description.
Since long ago, one of the puzzling places in this world is the labyrinth: a complex maze filled of death-dealing traps and monsters. Others who had brave these mysterious floors managed to attain wealth, fame, and even innovation, but some of the unfortunate ones experienced the most gruesome and painful death.

Those who are courageous enough to traverse the labyrinth, despite knowing the danger that entails, are called adventurers. Schools were erected for the sole purpose of nurturing talented and vigorous youth, hoping that these able bodied youngster could solve the labyrinth’s never ending mysteries.

This story details the journey of a young man who was born and raised in a family of prestigious knights. Rejecting the life that was set to him, he decides to follow his own path — to be a Magus. Christopher takes on his mother’s name and enrolls at Rosetta, the biggest adventurer’s academy in all of Scaldus. What will his future bring?

Well the description seems promising, that said he's human *sigh*, though doesn't mean it can't be good.
I'll give it a try, thanks for the heads up.

edit: Not even done with 1st chapter, but I can already tell I like the way you write your story. I'm probably gonna enjoy this. Thanks again for the heads up.
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

Haha if we're doing shameless self promotions I'm game, http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4557

But regardless if you like it great, if not that's cool too. It was literally written without anything more than a five chapter plan ahead so it is amateur ish at best but it was still fun to write :P

Also regarding CCM it isn't like most xianxia types. Yes, the MC is lucky, as all Chinese novels seem to possess, but it's a lot of hard work. If you haven't give it a shot, try it to sake some boredom. And I've strayed from JLN because translation speed tends to be brutal for the obvious difficulty in the translation process. CLN are quicker by far

Also Dalu Doulou? Spelling difficult in foreign languages that are romanized

Heh, I'll encourage shameless promotions here...
Currently I feel like I live for reading *sigh*

I'll give it a read as well as CCM, when I feel brave.

Edit:
Just read the first chapter of your "Ephemeral Cycle" fiction, looks interesting, and I'll be readin' some more, that said... you should probably go back and look into fixing some grammar here and there, nothing big though just seems like missing words now and then.

Edit2:
Ugh I'm a sucker for vulgar bad jokes, probably gonna follow this...

Edit3:
https://i.imgur.com/SD8nCOW.gif

Edit4;
There is just some kinda charm about vulgar senseless slaughter. Consider me following.
https://i.imgur.com/l6MHbfC.gif
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

'Chappy' pid='480366' dateline='1452140469' Wrote:
'Small-san' pid='480348' dateline='1452139786' Wrote: You can try reading my story, Labyrinth of puppets, if it interests you.

Description.

Well the description seems promising, that said he's human *sigh*, though doesn't mean it can't be good.

edit: Not even done with 1st chapter, but I can already tell I like the way you write your story. I'm probably gonna enjoy this. Thanks again for the heads up.

Thanks!

'Small-san' pid='480523' dateline='1452147561' Wrote:
'Chappy' pid='480366' dateline='1452140469' Wrote:

Description.

Thanks!

Up-to-date and all I can say, well written, great story and damn I ended up being completely absorbed in the story. I'll be following.
My active fictions
- Xianxia incoming.

Yeah I've been doing rough rewrites for most of the newer chapters but it's a grueling process. Not nearly as enjoyable as writing the newer ones. Anyways, yeah thanks for the heads up. 

I'd do full edits and the like if I only had more time. I'm balancing this one with two others at the moment. Both of which being on the serious, hmmm professional? side of the spectrum. So they are taking a lot more time than what I could be spending on this one. Either way its a nice release and good practise for the time being  : )