~Recommendations~

FICTION RECOMMENDATIONS

The best of the best on RRL

Please note that these recommendations are mostly my own opinion. If you disagree with them, feel free to let me know why below.

*This is a work in progress*

Want to find the latest additions to the list? CTRL+F "*NEW*"

Genres:

Reincarnation:

Spectral Regalia by Zephon

I'm certain you all know this one. General Avrin Sygin is put to death for the murder of millions. He reincarnates in another world as a Spectral. This story has a lot of action and adventure. The descriptions or dialogues can be awkward at times, but it doesn't take away from the story.
8.5/10 Is Spectral a virus?

The Chronicle of Karl: Industrialization of Rohrkadia by The Hermit in Solitude

This one's really interesting. It's a slow read, but a really interesting concept. An old man dies naturally, but is thrown into the body of Karl, a boy in another world, one with technology similar to the medieval ages in Earth.
8.5/10 Don't swim in the poop!

Reborn Into an RPG? by Cartyparty

I might be breaking my own rules here by adding a fiction that's less than 10 chapters, but this one's worth it. A newby that popped up recently, RIRPG? follows a man reincarnated into an adult elven body. Who is then promptly enslaved. Very unique twist on the whole reincarnation trope.
9/10 Just keep digging.

The Slime Dungeon by falcon167

He died once. He knows that. But all he can remember is her face. He holds onto the memory with all his strength, and carries it through to his next life. He doesn't remember what he was before, but now, he is a dungeon. A slime dungeon.

9.5/10 Slimes make for excellent fairy beds.

Rise of The Dungeon by Zolfaghar

I could've sworn I added this forever ago...
Arz, the son of genius and eccentric soul mage Mahza, is killed in one of his experiments. However, the very same experiment forced his soul to remain trapped inside his body, even when his heart stopped beating. After realizing his mistake, Mahza attempts to take Arz to the family burial cave, but gets lost and ends up dumping his son's body in a dungeon instead. In a twist of fate, Arz manages to overpower the dungeon consciousness and becomes the new dungeon master!
9.5/10 Give me your mana!

Orc Lord by docemoon145

A funny twist on the trope in which a woman is reincarnated as an orc. The ugly kind. Fortunately, she doesn't let that stop her, and sets out on a path towards power. Obviously one of the author's first stories, but that's not to say it's bad. Docemoon does a great job with the story and the writing improvement is easy to see as the story progresses.
7.5/10 Ugh, I need to stop eating so much... Getting fat...

Lord of the Night by Lucius

A single newly made skeleton in a lich lord's army. Unremarkable, simply one of many. Yet, he is different. He was able to resist the call of his Master.

His name is Laoch, and he is King.

Note: This might be in the wrong section. There hasn't been enough plot development to be able to tell with much accuracy.
9.5/10 Mmmm... This soul tastes like a fine chardonnay.

RE:WRITE by REWRITE

It's very strange to have the author's name the same as his story. This one can be a little confusing. Okay, a lot confusing, but eventually (chapter 16 on in my opinion) it all ties together in an intricate web of POVs. The dark world that REWRITE has created will make you laugh one moment, and cry for justice in the next. Certainly deserving of a spot on the list.
8/10 Would you like to hear a story?

The Fallen Ascending by Darkbringer

Through a ridiculous and unfortunate series of events, a high school boy accidentally kills over 100 students of his school while trying to save one of them. He is reincarnated into a unique world of magic as the son of an immortal wizardess and blademaster.
9/10 The power of Chaos compels you!

Ode to Freud by TrashMcTrash

WARNING: IMPLIED INCEST BETWEEN CHILDREN AHEAD.
I spent a lot of time deliberating on whether or not to add this story... On one hand, the grammar and writing style are very good and the story is engaging. On the other, it's so, so drawn out. The childhood part lasts for 2 volumes. However, that's not to say the childhood of the MC is uninteresting, on the contrary many things happen and the character development is fantastic.

It's still a very slow story though. Don't read it if you prefer stories fielled with action and suspense.

On another note, don't even bother with the "synopsis", it's just garbage. Read mine instead:

On the brink of insanity and death by obesity, a man is contacted by a goddess. The purpose? To make her world a little more lively. And so, after negotiating immortality, infinite healing, perfect memory and unobstructed power growth, he agrees to be reincarnated into her world.

However, the perks of being chosen by a goddess can also act as a curse. Especially when the influence from a 400 year old dead empire of evil slavers and dictators is still around.
7.5/10 It's the Course. Curse it.

The Beginning After the End by TurtleMe

Another very well known one. A king in an alternate world with cultivation is maybe murdered and is reincarnated. Shit goes down. Well written and exciting, lots of action/adventure with a high pace.
8/10 Powerful kid.

Dungeon Instinct by AaronDragon

A child born of a demon queen and a holy templar is murdered for his race, and reincarnates as a dungeon core. This story is exciting, hilarious, and suspenseful all in one. It's a definite must read, along with Aaron's other works.
9/10 Yes, I sexually identify as Waynor.

Slip Hero by PerfectDeath

A man in the medical profession dies and reincarnates as a boy in a unique fantasy world. He loses most of his memories in the process, retaining only enough knowledge to gain insights on the scientific workings of the world. Chapters are infrequent, but PD makes up for it by making each one at least 8-10 thousand words, some can go up to 15-17 thousand.
9/10 Work work work work work!

I Was Reincarnated As A Magic Academy! by DragomirCM

A man was murdered while playing a game, and gets reincarnated as an experimental artificial dungeon core meant to help with the upkeep of a magical academy. DragomirCM is such a great author, I highly recommend reading his other works on his website.
9/10 Who knew crystals could be perverts?

RESPAWNED: New Game Plus by Damancy

The world ends! Fortunately, the 'NPC' Driskoll bugs out and reincarnates in another world as a goblin with all his memories. A unique take on the reincarnation theme. Warning: some graphic sexual content ahead.
8.5/10 Goblin dangly bits everywhere!

The Tempered by Zanderkoala

A dark gamer is reincarnated as one of the characters he was hired to level up - a female demon. Don't let the genderbender tag stop you, though, this superbly well written fiction is a rollercoaster of emotions
9.5/10 Love this one!

Dead Gods Tell No Tales by Stephan1864

A man barely survives a plane crash just to die days later within sight of civilization. To his surprise, he is not greeted by the afterlife, but by a screen asking for his request for a next life! Managing to bug out the system, he sets his race as God, and is sent on his way...
8.5/10 So fast paced!

Re: Labyrinth by Greydragon

Psh, who wants to be a human? Ratmen are where it's at! Greydragon does an excellent job creating a unique culture for his main character, along with an intriguing dungeon-type world.
9/10 Huggable furry bastards, I tell ya!

*NEW* The Immortal by TheGibber

A man with certain qualities can find himself at the merciless attention of gods, and in this one's case, it is his sheer persistence that gets him noticed. Plucked from his bed and slapped into a new world, the only question is whether or not he can persevere through the most difficult of challenges: eternity.

7/10 No, pants are not part of the package.

*NEW* Living a Long Life as a Legend by bor902

If you enjoy men of questionable morality waxing poetic about chasing immortality and stereotypical ninjas, then you've come to the right place. Action, plots, and plenty of stabbings are afoot in this dramatic adventure following self proclaimed immortal Lock.

Also, the cover art is an absolute treasure.

9.5/10 Listen, if you look like a ninja, people are obviously going to think you're a ninja, right?

*NEW* The Demonologues by Bizmatech

Indigo doesn't remember much at all about her past life, but that's alright. With a new body and kickass magic powers, she's ready to face her new life! At least, she would be when she gets out of this damn apocalypse!

18+

9/10 ...maybe just a sip

*NEW* Fork This Life by jinxs2011

Being a fork isn't so bad. As long as you're fine not being able to taste, touch, see, hear, or feel.

And you really like the sound of your own mental voice.

8.5/10 I'd rather be a spork

Virtual Reality:

The Gam3 by Ephemerality

An alien species peacefully invades earth, bringing with them 'The Game', a hyper realistic virtual reality game spanning the universe. Alan, a university graduate, gets his chance to play The Game for money, and something more.
9/10 One of my personal favorites.

Tidal Lock by ResonantIce

A really unique look at what future space VMMOs might look like. I sense heavy inspiration from EVE Online.
9.5/10 Zoom zoom pew pew!

Headshot! by Matthew Siege

Games have always been addicting, virtual reality even more so. But now there's a new player on the scene, a zombie game that's completely free, provided you play the zombies. It's an all out war between the poor freeplayer zombies, and the pay to win survivors.
9.5/10 Zombies don't sleep.

Getting Hard by _GD_

Herald Stone is an all business, no fun top of the line hard ass lawyer, Who can get you out of any situation as long as you pay for it. He wasn't always so business oriented, though, he used to be a gamer. A particular type of gamer; a tank. Now, he's ready to step back into the world of gaming, and he's going to get hard.
9/10 Horse? Man? Nope, it's a rock. That hits back.

Aevitas - I am not an NPC by Aspirer

Tobi has had quite enough of all the virtual reality talk lately. So, he finally decides to see what all the fuss is about and try the damn game out. Unfortunately, he manages to find a deadly bug on his first few hours, and gets trapped inside the game. Nobody know's what to do about it, it's an event that was considered impossible until that moment. Will he die if he dies in the game? What would happen if they eject him forcibly? Fortunately, the law is on his side, and everyone is doing everything they can to get him out. He doesn't mind it, thought. There's lots of things to read in there.
9/10 Yeah, you could say I've got pretty good eyes.

Sigil Online: Paragons by Jeffsproul

From the depths of Jeffsproul's imagination comes Sigil Online; an action packed virtual reality where each player's power is unique, and the combinations are endless. Our MC, previously known as Radiance, meets permadeath and is forced to make a new character, mourning the death of his famed paragon. The quest for a new power, and revenge, ensues.
9/10 Maybe eating this unidentifiable slime will grant me a power?

Secret of the Old Ones by BlaiseCorvin

BlaiseCorvin is back with another fantastic piece. SotOO starts of fast and gets faster, action packed along every line! Trent Noguero, an esteemed player of the new virtual reality game, 'Secret of the Old Ones' manages to find and claim an ancient power after a long and difficult quest. Unfortunately, power isn't all it's made out to be, and a massive target is painted on his back by people looking for the Secret of his power.

BlaiseCorvin has taken all but the first three chapters of the book off of RRL, but you can still find it either for free on his website (https://www.blaise-corvin.com), or purchase it on Amazon for only $4.

9/10 Damnit, I'm famous.

Awaken Online by da3strikes

NOTE: Strikes has taken most of his story off RRL to sell it on Amazon. You can buy it for $4 or so, which I highly recommend.
Now, I know this one doesn't seem like much at first glance, but trust me, it's a real killer. I won't spoil it, but the raw emotion Strikes portrays is invigorating.
8.5/10 Kill the bastards!

Don't Fear the Reaper by Sturmwalzer

A man who loses everything, yet never gives up. A man who, despite being beaten down time and time again, refuses to stay down. A man who, when faced with the opportunity for revenge, will take it without a second thought. This man is the slayer of demons, vanquisher of darkness, reaper of souls.
He is the Harbinger of Death.
8/10 Hey, Grim, fancy meeting you here.

Continue Online by FrustratedEgo

This is another older story I have missed adding to the list.

A man beaten down by life decides to try out the hottest virtual reality game at the urging of his niece. To his surprise, what he finds is a lot more than a simple game. This story, while slow, will dig deep into questions you never knew you had.
8/10 I'm gettin' too old for this...

Anti-Hero: Journey of Fear by PeliusAnar

WARNING: Extremely graphic depictions of gore and torture ahead. Don’t say I ddin’t warn you. This one’s really interesting, if a little gory for my tastes. AH:JoF takes a look into the mind of a future dark… streamer? With the increasing bloodlust and gore desensitizing of the future, entertainers must work extra hard in order to keep interest on them. In the MC’s case, it’s taken to the extreme as he goes on a kingdom-wide killing spree to please his viewers.
9.5/10 Creepy...

Clockwork by VRDraco

One of VRDraco’s better works. It’s an interesting and unique take on the VR theme. While it can be slow at times, it’s definitely worth a read, the world and culture building is quite good.
8.5/10 Mechanic’s wonderland!

BreakDown by SnowMelts

Chris is sent to prison for a crime she didn’t commit. In the process, she strikes a deal with a shady lawyer to shorten her sentence to 10 years. In return, she has to play the new game everyone's been talking about in an attempt to figure out what the warden's up to.

Sept 7 update: SnowMelts has returned to the fic after a hiatus and is working hard! Expect lots of new chapters soon.
9.5/10 I’m innocent I tell ya!

Kill 10 Rats by FlyingDutchman

Our main character awakens to find himself in... Another world? He finds he has an RPG system and the ability to learn magic. I love the realism in this story. If you're into MCs having a hard time, this one is great for you.
9/10 7... 8... 9… Where's the 10th rat?

Universe Online by Viken

Allec Renn, a man with ALS, gets the opportunity to play Universe Online, a hugely popular space VRMMORPG as an experimental race. It’s a shame this one’s become inactive, what’s been written so far is very good. A unique story, we don’t get enough space themed stories these days.
9/10 Lightspeed!

Transported to Another World:

Polymath Redux by HiDrangeA

The top player of the MMO, 'Hellgana' is transported to another world in the body of his character. Heavy inspiration from Overlord. If you like OP main characters and country wide political and economical manipulation, this one's for you.
8.5/10 Sorry, I killed your pet dragon...

The Wandering Inn by Pirateaba

Erin Solstice was a gamer, now she runs an inn. Ryoka Griffin was a runner for sport, now she's a runner for hire. These young women and many others find themselves in a new world from one step to the next, appearing in fields, cities, royal courts. Nobody knows where they came from, but everybody wants to know what they can teach. Except, nobody wants to bring about the next world war by talking about guns and bombs. Who will crack first?

10/10 Is that a human? How gross and fleshy.

How do you kidnap a whole school of kids to another world?!! by Naosu

This one is usually overlooked, perhaps because of the dreadful title (sorry Naosu, but it’s true). I, for one, love the realistic approach Naosu takes to what might happen in this situation (read the title.). While the main character might seem a little detatched, the rest of the story is quite realistic.
8.5/10 Too many kids!

This is the Wrong World! by esliesma

After finally defeating the demon king, Izo gets what she was promised and is teleported off the god forsaken world she was kidnapped to. But wait, her parents were never ultra-rich business powerhouses. And what's with all the magic around here?
9/10 No thanks, I don't want any caviar, I'll just go sleep on the couch.

Fear Rune - The Abandoned Realms by Scottf14

Scottf14 is here with a new story! Fear Rune is a gritty telling of what really happens in those D&D worlds. Scott's Dark Souls type world sheds a dark light on the truth of the fantasy adventure genre. It will take you on a grand adventure, sure, but one filled with anger, sadness, and fear.
9/10 Praise the sun!

Crashed into Fantasy by Xacual

Aaron, human,  male. Experiment 5341 "Seri", female. They are one and the same, and yet the second is only the virtual creation of the first. However, when things go wrong and both are sent into a new, very much real world, Aaron might find that Seri is much more real than he first thought. As he struggles with invading memories and a concerned AI caretaker, the world knocks on his chrome door, demanding that he explore. That he learn. And so she does.

8.5/10 Lynn, please... Spare me the dress.

The Arcane Emperor by Aternus

Rainer, an amateur arcanist, and one of very few on earth, attempts to create a new spell with what he has learned thus far. Unfortunately, the spell goes mildly wrong, and instead of walking through walls, he walks through dimensions! Ending up in a strange world with a gamelike atmosphere, he is forced to use his magical background, and become stronger than he ever dreamed.

10/10 *Yawn* I think I'll go study...

Necromancer and Co. by Dissonance

Three (+?) highschool friends are teleported simultaneously (sort of. Space-time is pretty wonky.) into a dungeon on another world. Each faces their own trials, and each passes with varying degrees of success. Each of them, gaining powers beyond their imagine. What do they do next? Well... Travelling the world, mastering the powers, and maybe summoning an undead dragon or two sounds like a good start!

9/10 Anyone up for a game of Capture the Zombie?

Stop Calling Me a Demon King by BakaGrappler

Names hold a lot of power. Fortunately, Xander was too dead to give out his. Being summoned across dimensions will do that to people. There's no need to worry, though, because a short time after, you'll be perfectly living after a deep breath or two. Although, the summoners didn't get the memo and the hundred and fifty or so people who came before Xander were disected promptly. Newly alive-ened Xander isn't too happy about being kidnapped out of the blue, so he enslaves everyone. End of story? Not quite.

9.5/10 Aase, it's perfectly normal to murder your friend's rapist father.

Reality Grants One Chance by Slitty

WARNING: Graphic descriptions of gore, and the devouring of sentient species. Also ponds.
It's gritty. It's dark. It's everything we know and a love, and a lot that we don't know but will learn to love.

A man still trying to recover from lung cancer is hit by a truck in the midst of a fit of thought. As his vision fades to black, he wonders, thinking about all the stories he's read, will he find himself in another world? He then promptly recovers, leaving the hospital with few injuries.
And THEN finds himself in another world.

A world where everything, even the water, wants to take a bite out of him.

10/10 I love you Pondy!

Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer by AdvonKoulthar

AdvonKoulthar writes with an excellent attention to detail and the plot of his story. The humour present is hilarious and common, giving a lighthearted feel to what might normally be a dark story. The characters are developped wonderfully, and often feel like real people. The story is quite slow, but, if you want a relaxing story to read over an afternoon, this is worth a look.
8.5/10 Don't mind me, just a friendly necromancer out to do some good in the world!

Unparalleled by Mght

This is another fiction I thought I added to the list a long time ago. I've been a follower for awhile now and I have to say, while Mght (I love that name) doesn't release chapters often, they are always long and jam packed with fictiony goodness. Definitely worth the wait.

A young man is transported to a world where knowledge directly translates to ability. And he has a lot of knowledge.
9.5/10 Science = magic?

CHRONICLES of a PC Gamer Stuck Inside an RPG by Puppychow

A man finds himself suddenly trapped in the world of a video game. He theorizes that in order to escape, he needs to beat the game's story line. However, to do that, he needs to become the emperor. Of everything.

9/10 I SHALL BECOME EMPEROR!

The Immortal Witness by WizardFrog

WizardFrog offers a unique perspective on the transported to another world to rid said world of demon lord trope - the Witneess. An immortal bystander mean to apparently record the heroic deeds of said heroes, except this Witness isn’t quite satisfied with that.
9/10 Entrepreneurship for immortals!

Fantasy Road Trip by Lord_Hrund

Mark, a hospital security guard, drives his jeep through a portal to another world and runs over a crazed lizard cultist.
While the characters can be somewhat unnatural at times, the story is hilarious, and the character interactions and plot make up for it.
9/10 BARTHOLEMEEEEWWWW!

The Merge by Mickr4

The Merge is my favorite fiction right now. Not because of it's quality, but because of the excellent job Mickr has done on world building and character development. In fact, Mickr's writing starts off on the low end of the quality end, but improves at an incredible rate.
9/10 Rawr!

How to Survive a Summoning 101 by Durrendal

Honestly, I'd be surprised if you can read this story without crying at least once. Don't let the occasional Japanese words in here deter you, this one's a feels train for sure.
9/10 ...*Sniff*

How To Avoid Death On A Regular Basis by Mooderino

A number of strangers get transported to another world, where such things are common. The less attractive members of the group split off to form their own, in an attempt to avoid death.
8.5/10 Damn popular people!

100 Luck and the Dragon Tamer Skill by DragomirCM

A hilarious fiction by Sir Dragomir. A huge number of people from Earth get transported to another world by a god in an attempt to save Earth from destruction. They are given an RPG system and one free skill. Our MC just so happens to max out his luck stat and choose the dragon tamer skill. What a surprise!
8.5/10 It's a funny one!

Delvers LLC by BlaiseCorvin

Blaise has a talent for creating intricate cultures for his intricate world. This story is incredibly interesting, it's a deep dive into the cultural aspect of world building. A must read!
9.5/10 Business is booming!

*NEW* Carl@Fire by Irony

Carl, Director of Information Technology at Fire, has unfortunately become trapped inside the flagship game of his company, and has to wait until somebody shows up to unplug him after the weekend. But, now that he's in here, things are starting to feel a bit more... real.

8/10 Oh yeah, that's just my fishing rod.

RPG System in Modern World:

Blackthorne by Multiverse Scott

One day, every human on Earth falls asleep at the same time. They find themselves in a new body in another world, one that seems frighteningly similar to a video game.
8.5/10 One of Scottf14's best works.

Sole Survivor by IHW

In a years time two worlds will merge. A fantasy world of magic and RPG system mechanics, and our own Earth. Fortunately, their goddess has given us an edge over the coming tide. 100 men and women are tested, only one survives. He is the Sole Survivor.
8.5/10 I want to be a hero!

The New World by Monsoon117

Toughness, mass, power. This has been Daniel's sole focus since the system took over the world. Well, that, and stopping the all-powerful being hellbent on infecting the earth with eldritch horrors.
10/10 Dolphin dive into the dirt! Into it!

The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound by puddles4263

The world has changed, and nobody was ready, not even Randidly. Particularly Randidly, since he started in a dungeon far, far above his level. Against all odds, he manages to survive, and thrive, with a little help.
Some of you might remember Puddles from his earlier fiction, The Great Tower. This is his new and improved take on the style, and it's done considerably better.
9.5/10 I am the Ghosthound

Merchant of the End by Xantar

Warning: Graphic sexual content and gore ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Zan was having a normal day at high school, until the red mist rolled in. Then suddenly he was running from, what appeared to be, zombies. While the grammar and spelling could use a little work, it's an engaging read.
8.5/10 Rank #1!

Gamer by libraryaddict

Another one of my personal favorites, Gamer brings on an RPG system, world hopping adventure filled with twists, turns, and emotional turmoil.
9.5/10 Wait, this is a world hopping story now? Dangit!

The 8th Day by Darkbringer

WARNING: Extremely graphic sexual content ahead! Don't say I didn't warn you.
The 8th Day is incredibly good. Darkbringer's character development is off the charts. I can feel everything the characters are feeling, their love, their fear, their pain. Simply incredible.
9.5/10 Gotta develop dem characters!

Gamer of the Dead by Batotit

Phew, this one is a feels train. Batotit is a great writer, he's got a knack for inter-character relationships, and development. In combination with a unique setting and some badass powers, this story should be on the top of your reading list.
9/10 Spooky jellyfish.

Apocalypse Now by WizOfTime

Let me get this straight. I. Love. This. Fiction. Wiz has an amazing attention to detail in regards to culture, power creation, and character development. There's not one point in this story were you'll think, "let's get a move on!"
9.5/10 Unique!

Change: New World by Lv1Slime

One of the earliest fictions involving this trope, as well as one of the best. The period in between arcs 1 & 2 can be a little slow, but it’s worth getting through.
9/10 Level up!

Earth Tactics Advance by Scottf14

Multiverse Scott is at it once again with his shenanigans! This one is absolutely hilarious. It's your standard RPG system with a twist... *drumroll*... It's turn based! Yes, every move in battle a person makes is calculated and made into a 'turn'. When your turn ends, you're frozen! While Multiverse Scott could work on his character development a little more, this story will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat.
9/10 Player 1's turn: start!

Cultivation System/Xianxia:

The Gemstone Chronicles by WizOfTime

WizOfTime is one of the most under-appreciated authors on here. The Gemstone Chronicles follows a young boy as he grows up in a world driven by cultivation. One of the only stories featuring cultivation I could get into.
9.5/10 An excellent read when you're tired of translations.

Godslayer by WizOfTime

The Wiz is back with a new story featuring a 13,000,000 year old swordmaster! This is a hilariously tense story that will keep you on your toes in anticipation. While it has only just started, Wiz has pumped out 10 chapters in 5 days, and intends to continue the trend.
9/10 Awww, who's a cute widdle Wolfy?

Ancestor, Wake up! by Youngest

An Shan is awakened by one of his descendants, a little girl, a long, long time after he went to sleep. So long, in fact, that the world barely remembers his name. After helping his descendant, he finds the world's cultivation level has regressed.
Comedic, relaxed OP MC novel that doesn't take itself seriously.
8/10 Can't a man sleep in once in awhile

Skyfire Magus by beddedOtaku

Lynne has never had a hard day's work in his life, spending his time spending his father's money on women, food, and fun. However, when continent-wide plots are under way, and dark entities are stirring, nobody can stay lazy for long, especially not Lynne.
9.5/10 Watch your damn mouth!

The Archaic Ring by SpareSomeChange

Nolan is no stranger to brawls, but fists simply don't cut it when you're fighting a fox as big as a man and as strong as an elephant. Well, unless you're one of the natives, who've been training with world energy since they could walk. Now the only chance to survive for Nolan, and the rest of humanity who was transferred to this mad world, is cultivating this mysterious energy. Fortunately, Nolan has found a shortcut.
9.5/10 Just a cabin in the woods!

Other:

The Iron Teeth by ClearMadness

A unique story about a city goblin named Blacknail. Any more would be spoilers, trust me, it's well worth a read. One of the best fictions on this site.
10/10 A perfect score!

Negative Man by OutspanFoster

An old knight commander is given an artifact that will change his life forever. He must find a way to stop the decline, or fade away into nothingness.
I actually thought I added this a long time ago. Oh well.
9/10 3, 2, 1, zero! Time's up!

The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons by Virlyce

When a dragon's egg is stolen, hellfire rains, and a trade is made. An eye for an eye, an egg for a child, and a human is raised a dragon.
9/10 I wuv you Snuffles!

The Breath of Creation by lightningwarrior21

It's hard to put this one into words. It requires a deep understanding of multiple varieties of fiction, and fictional concepts, but it gives a unique and intriguing perspective of godhood and omniscience. Well worth a read.
7.5/10 I AM YOUR GOD

The Bound Dungeon by wires12

Pan was just a village kid with a little bit of magic training, but what a rogue necromancer has planned for him is anything but mundane. Forced to become a dungeon to provide cheap skeletal warriors, Pan's life as he knew it is over. As a dungeon, he must build labyrinths filled with monsters and treasure to attract adventurers who's deaths will give him mana. First, though, he has to get rid of that pesky necromancer.
9.5/10 Spiders are a mage's worst nightmare.

Shoulders of Giants by VanPeer

There are powers greater than us in the multiverse, and not all are friendly. When men look through the rabbit hole, whatever looks back sees ants. Sometimes the ants are crushed. Other times, they are given power, and used to take over the hive.
9.9/10 Bookwyrm

Dragonfall: Enchantment by Oddmar

Sebastian has always dreamed of being a mage, and when the testing date arrives, he finds he has the potential to become one. However, since his ability to move mana is terrible, he only has two options: becoming a power bank for stronger mages, or enchantment.
9.5/10 Man, the ancients sure were smart.

Apex Predator by Caerulex

Bath is a primordial creature who has lived on Earth since the cambrian explosion, and has seen (and eaten) nearly everything Earth has to offer since his creation. But now, the Earth is changing, falling into the next ice age far ahead of schedule, and Bath can only see one reason for it; these new animals that call themselves humans. Investigating the source of the disturbance, Bath decides to impersonate a human, and ends up getting deeper into humanity than he ever expected.
9/10 I am the Dragon.

Coeus? by Andur?

Giddeon has, for as long as he could remember (birth.), had a mind that could run a hundred times faster than anyone elses. It was hell growing up, when every second was a hundred, every few days a year. With his mother gone and his father abusive. Eventually, he withdraws into a personal virtual reality space in his mind, leaving his body in a coma. Uncaring about the world, he trawls the internet, gaming and reading peacefully. Until the mages find him, and bring him home.

8/10 These stuffed creatures exude a calming aura which I cannot logically explain.

Slime by OutspanFoster

Loyalty, betrayal, transference, godhood. Not the progression one might expect from their life, but, for this priest of Tuatha, such is how his story goes.

8.5/10 Stupid.

Two Worlds by BeamMeUpScotty

Coop doesn't take shit from anyone, but one man can't fight the government. Forced into the military, he needs to smarten up or find himself in pieces.
10/10 Heavy

Being Undead by Saj

From a living human soldier to a mindless undead. Not quite an upgrade, right? Well, as Grey begins to grow in power, he finds it's not really that bad after all.

9.5/10 Hey, Death, long time no see!

Everybody Loves Large Chests by Exterminatus

WARNING: RAPE, TORTURE, BARE CHESTS AHEAD.

Most mimics are pretty dumb, but Boxxy T. Morningwood is a bit sharper than the average box. Most mimics also tend to never leave their home dungeon, but Mr. Morningwood has had just about enough of the dank cave. Most mimics also don't cause the complete annihilation of an entire town, and Boxxy definitely hasn't either. He swears it's the truth.
7.5/10 Is it tasty?

Red Moon Cafe by Z107288

After the death of his family, young noble Roy Geiryoum decides to follow his dream and open a cafe in the city rather than taking over the lordship. However, his family's secrets catch up to him in the form of the vampire progenitor An, who also happens to be his family's maid. With an all powerful vampiress in tow, Roy opens the Red Moon Cafe. He expects a relaxing life, but recent events in the vampire community may not allow it.
10/10 An, what do you want?

The Bridge by LeoDuhVinci

This story is written in an intriguing way; a bit of a cross between third and first person.

A thousand years after a colonization ship is split in half by a rogue asteroid, Horatius is born. Though the son of a gardener, he is destined for great things. His mind runs like no other, and he absorbs second hand lessons like a sponge. Soon, he is caught in thick political intrigue involving an incompetent chief and his own agricultural revolution.

And then, right when things are getting heavy, the ship starts to slowly come together.
9.5/10 Psh, who cares about plants? I wanna learn history!

Circle of Shards by Yog-Sothoth

A martial artist (of the European swordsman variety) gets yanked out of his body as part of a soul enslavement/golem creation experiment. But, when the mage who conducts the summoning is killed suddenly in the middle of it, the MC is left with both the golem body and his mind intact.
9/10 *Pop* Oh great, there goes my favorite world.

Underworld - Level Up or Die! by Elorion

This is a very new fiction, but I'm quite sure it will grow into something great :D
A 19 year old gamer is kidnapped from his home by a level 200 imp. When he wakes, he find he has been contracted into service to the Mistress, an old and extremely powerful succubus. Fortunately, he has, for the most part, free reign over his activities. All he needs to do is become powerful. Time to grind!
9/10 Screw you, imp!

The Fiasco by FrustratedEgo

The world has changed. People all over the globe have developed powers from your deepest fantasies and are using it either for good or evil. These superheroes/villains are the new driving force in the world.

Our main character has a super power too, one that he hates with a passion. He is destined to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Every time.
8.5/10 Alice please, I ain't into that babe.

The Dungeon Hive by Ghostman

A failed experiment. A lofty ambition. A changed magick. Thus, the Hive is born; a collection of minds, energy given sentience, all for... What? Their creators are dead, their purpose unknown. They are free. But what do they do now?

8.5/10 Gentlemen, have we come to a conclusion?

Pixelation by PlayPixel

A very unique and interesting story with elements similar to The Gamer.
Michael's dream has always been to create a great MMO. Finally, he gets to make it reality as he gets the funding to start work on it. However, funds run out before he is finished, and he is forced to release an unfinished game. As expected, it flops. But, before he can shut down the servers, an entity takes interest in the world he created. An entity that is interested in giving him the funds, and the power to populate it once more.
8/10 Linus, get out of that woman's pants, we have work to do!

The Bounty Hunter by writer.101

While some might disagree with me, I have decided to add this fiction anyway. Due to the heavily cliche'd themes and alright character development, I'm only giving it a 7.5. However, the plot, pacing, and world development are excellently done.

Minato Cross, an American born high school student living in Japan, has his fondest childhood memories take place in another world. For as long as he could remember, he's been able to teleport himself there with a thought, and has spent many a free day playing with magic and battling monsters. However, after a tragedy that he blames himself for, he can only see that world in a dark light. Now, with a devilish plot hanging over both worlds, can he push past his trauma and become the hero he has always wanted to be?

7.5/10 What a hunk.

Wizard Master, Apprentice Warrior by FrostyPine

Read this fiction a long time ago and forgot about it, and Frosty just updated it.

A master wizard renowned worldwide decides to pack up and follow his life long dream: becoming a warrior.

8.5/10 Psh, who needs MP? I wanna be a tank!

How Do You QA Test a Tsundere Android!? by DarkClaymore

An very well written story with excellent attention to detail, relationships, and character development. The emotions of the characters are clear and pop out at you. The only negative thing is that the current ending is somewhat unsatisfactory, though it seems the author will be writing sequels. Overall, a superb piece.
9.5/10 Lily... Is that you?

Medic!~ by Brave Armadillo

One of the most hilarious fictions I’ve read on this site. Feeling down, a fat, ugly old gamer creates a young, impossibly cute cleric elf boy character in a vrmmo. While playing, he has a heart attack and dies, but reincarnates(?) or is transported to another world in the body of his character. Many people think he is an impossibly cute demon. Hilarity ensues. My only gripe is that BA doesn’t update frequently at all. Still worth a read though.
9.5/10 Healz Plz.

Lair by Skalsar

This one’s an interesting look into the hypothetical mind of a dungeon. It’s a decent read, fairly slow, but very intriguing.
8/10 I wonder if I should give it tentacles?

I'm (Sort of) an Expert on Ghosts by Cho

A whirlwind of romance and ghost hunting, I'm (Sort of) an Expert on Ghosts is an excellently written piece. If nothing else, a wonderful afternoon read. I've been meaning to read this for awhile now, but only just now got around to it.
10/10 Ghosts don't float?

Galactic Fist of Legend by Scottf14

Oh, Multiverse Scott, what have you gotten into this time? A world hopping/saving gauntlet game-show with forced participation under threat of world destruction you say? How fun! Scott get's into some tricky business and barely manages to survive. Constantly.
9/10 Shroom power!

*NEW* RE: Trailer Trash by FortySixtyFour

Time travel at its best; a story of fixing past mistakes, self improvement, and exploiting the shit out of future knowledge.

9/10 Tabitha stronk

*NEW* The Zombie Knight Saga by George M. Frost

Hector Goffe wasn't sure what to expect after he killed himself, but a friendly face definitely wasn't at the top of the list. Now brought back to life by the reaper Garovel, he is thrust into an un-life of vigilantism and bad jokes, struggling to survive ancient powers and his own poor social skills.

10/10 No, Hector, running away isn't an ice breaker.

*NEW* Wake of the Ravager by Macronomicon

Calvin had always wanted to be a mage, so when his first break was on the horizon, he made some measures in order to escape his warrior mother, who had other plans for him. Unfortunately, he ends up getting a little more than he bargained for.

18+

9/10 BEES

Getting Your Fiction Added to This List

After seeing the flood of requests below and how little I ended up paying attention to them (sorry.), I've decided to remove this. If you want your story added here, make it good enough that I notice.

Reviews:

I am happy to write reviews for your fiction as long as it is over 10 chapters and 12,000 words, just comment down below.
Edit: Haven't been reviewing lately. Feel free to ask, but I probably wont get around to it.

Edit 2 like 2 years later: Haven't reviewed in ages. Feel free to request, but don't expect much.

Delvers LLC:

Snapshot:
Delvers LLC is a unique story with an immaculate attention to both world detail and character building. The different cultures Blaise has created are incredibly interesting, he’s not only managed to create a unique, detailed world, but fascinating civilizations and people to go along with it. Grammar wise, Delvers is near perfect, the slight hiccups hardly distract from the big picture.

Style:
Blaise’s style of writing is something you hardly see on RRL, a fantastic blend of classical and modern writing. He manages to breath life into his characters and locations with his words. After some minor edits, I would not be surprised finding this on the shelf of a bookstore.

Story:
Delvers LLC is superbly unique, yet at the same time familiar. Old style fantasy elements and his detailed world setting merge into something immersive and wonderful. It’s a refreshing taste after the hordes of generic litRPG worlds I’ve seen lately. Blaise’s exploration of culture and the people who live on his world is intriguing. He digs deep into what the minds of beastmen and (space!) elves might be like, and uses his findings to create intricate culture, breathing an extra level of life into his side characters, something that’s sorely lacking from many other stories. After the level of detail in these traditions and cultures we’ve been shown, I can’t help but be excited to learn more about this matriarchal society we’ve been given a taste of as of chapter twenty. I get the feeling that Blaise will manage to somehow use that facet of his world to advance his character development to new levels. I only have one issue with Delvers LLC, and it is a minor one that can be fixed easily. Plot holes. I’ve noticed a few, the most major being the fact that in the first explanation of what the orbs do, they were said to give understanding of the Luda language. In the second explanation, it was ALL languages used on Ludus. Contrary to the second explanation, however, the main characters were unable to understand the language used by the beastmen. Upon fixing this and other minor errors I will explain below, I will have no problems with this story.

Grammar:
For most of the later chapters of the story, the grammar is impeccable. Nothing else to say there. However, in earlier chapters, the dialogue and general scene description can be awkward at times. Reading through, I occasionally had to pause and go over a sentence or two just to make sure I read it right. Some self and peer reviewing is necessary to get the earlier chapters just right.

Character:
All of Blaise’s characters are fantastic, particularly the side characters. He breaths a life into them that’s rarely seen on other stories on this site. He’s created multiple functioning, lively societies that intermingle and relate intricately. His characters aren’t just words on a page, they’re people.
His two main characters, on the other hand, are done. Just done. Not well done, not badly done, but done. I can see the potential for awesome characters, but right now, I just can’t quite get into their heads enough to really understand them. At times, this means some of their actions can be confusing or misleading. Most of the dialogue is comprehensible, but leaves little in the way of understanding the MCs at a deeper level. I don’t know if Blaise is planning on rectifying this in later chapters, or it was just a case of inexperience, but either way I’d like to see a little more work done on them.

How To Survive A Summoning 101:

Snapshot:
How To Survive A Summoning 101 is one of the few stories on this site that really brings out the emotions of the characters, Durrendal does an excellent job in developing them. You can feel the fear, the love, the despair, the raw emotion of every moment in this story. In the chapters just before the first time skip, you’d certainly be hard pressed not to cry, to shake with tension, to shiver in anticipation, as the story progresses. My only gripe with this fiction is that the time skip could have been dealt with better, the reader is left confused for several chapters afterwards, since not many explanations are given right away. The grammar and style of writing can also leave the reader confused at some points in the story, though it doesn’t take away from it as a whole.

Style:
Durrendal’s style of writing is unique for sure, an interesting blend consisting mostly of modern dialogue and character development and classical scene descriptions. His method of character development is somewhat common among some modern published novels, but he pulls it off so well that you can’t help but be drawn in, to fall in love with each and every one of his unique characters. Suri’s clumsy seductiveness, Arin’s gentleness, Karro’s hotheadedness, every character is exceptionally well done. Durrendal has made them not just into characters, but people. His writing brings you into the story, throwing you into battles won and lost, relationships made, and dark deeds done.

Story:
In general, How To Survive A Summoning 101 is fairly generic. Guy get’s killed. Meets a dick god. Gets thrown into other world for divine entertainment. Vows to kill god. Yadda yadda. Durrendal manages to somehow make this overused setting unique though. His dark twists and turns, graphic descriptions, exciting fight scenes and corny romance all come together to make this a story worth reading. Unlike many other stories of this setting, however, his MC does not go adventuring on his very merry way willingly. He is forced to move, to keep fighting, desperately trying to keep ahead of his pursuers. In fact, I get the feeling Rigel would happily stay in one little town for the rest of his life had the you-know-what event not happened. While it could have been done a little better overall, the unique nuances make this generic story setting not quite as generic as you might think.

Grammar:
As stated above, Durrendal’s grammar is quite good, but could be done a little better overall. At several points, I was left slightly confused as to what exactly was happening, the order of events blurring together in a big mess. Unlike many stories on here, however, the slight confusion does not make you stop altogether and re-read entire sentences. By just continuing to read on, you are able to grasp what is going on easily. All in all, with some moderate editing, this story would be very pleasant to read on a depressing rainy afternoon.

Character:
The characters in How To Survive A Summoning 101 are this story’s defining points. At every step of the way, you can feel what the characters are feeling, the raw emotions washing over you like a usually very depressing blanket. Durrendal’s side characters each have unique personalities, each character is as much a person as someone you might meet on the street. He tends to stay away from archetypes like the plague, which I commend him for, they are the plague. Strangely, the character I feel I can relate to the least is his main character, Rigel. It may be the way the story has been playing out, the structure of the events messing with my view of the characters, but Rigel’s thoughts and mannerisms can be confusing sometimes. At some points, his actions contrast somewhat with the view I’ve developed of him completely. Rigel also tends to follow a path like an iron rod, his personality and opinions unwavering, completely unlike a real person. The only times he has changed at all are during life changing, heart shattering events, and only in completely obvious ways. His actions are terribly predictable in accordance with his iron set personality, which results in a rather drab, boring character. Again, with some editing, maybe some dialogue changing, this issue can be easily done away with, as long as Durrendal puts a little thought into it.

Bloody New World:

Snapshot:
Bloody New World is a really unique interesting, story idea, Hassaan has thought up a lot of really awesome power concepts. At the moment, however, the writing and grammar of the story is a bit lacking. The scenes aren’t immersive, the action isn’t particularly exciting, and the characters are lazily developped. I’d give the whole thing a 3.5/5. I think that with a bit of editing, the base story could really become something that shines.

Style:
Hassaan’s style of writing is very modern. He focuses more on the dialogue and actions of his characters and the entities of his story rather than scene descriptions and an abundance of descriptive words. This is far from a bad thing. It makes for a very fast paced, action packed story. It feels like something is always happening, or you’re always learning something about the world and the people in it. Sometimes, however, I feel Hassaan’s writing can be a bit too casual. Occasionally, I find myself unable to imagine the surroundings, or wondering what exactly the room he is in looks like.

Story:
BNW is a really great base story concept. The whole ‘everyone in the world gets a power’/’world merge’ theme is a really awesome, sorely under-used trope in my opinon, and Hassaan manages to create a unique perspective of it. The ‘story’ of this story is definitely it’s defining trait, I honestly wouldn’t mind reading it just for that. One of my few gripes is the way the story flows sometimes. On several occasions, the build up and foreshadowing is almost completely skipped over, and a huge event just happens when you least expect it, which can break immersion. For example, when our MC meets miss dragon for the second time, the fact that she was sentient and way overpowered was completely unexpected and makes you go, “wait, what?!”, and not in a good way. I don’t know if this was the result of poor planning or what, but I’m sure it can be easily fixed either way. My other issue is the way Hassaan managed the time skip. I understand that it wasn’t an important part of the story, but you either write about the events that happen during it or not at all, the way he wrote it was some strange in-between passage.

Grammar:
Hassaan’s grammar is quite good, while not perfect, it gets the message across. There are only a few time where the sentence structure or words used made me confused as to what was going on, and those few times did not particularly distract from the story. With some minor editing, this can be fixed up and have the story smooth as a cut diamond.

Character:
This is the part that needs the most work. The side characters in BNW are more like blood bags than people. Their emotions are superficial, you don’t get to know any of them deep enough or for long enough to really form a connection with any of them, or understand them very well. Generally, Hassaan tends to put most of the characters other than his beloved sociopath MC under the ‘normal’ archetype. Just some regular people doing regular things, nothing interesting here! Go watch the main character, he’s cool! Hassaan has really pushed his side characters to the side, and it takes away from the story.
Personally, I don’t understand a lot of the hate on the main character, most of it is simply because of his nature. Sure he’s a sociopath without much empathy, but so is Dexter, and he was very well received on television. Hassaan actually pulls off the whole sociopathic character far better than any of the others I’ve seen on this site. His character isn’t static, he’s not just a stoic, emotionless machine, as most people tend to think sociopaths are. He’s still human. As well as he’s been developed however, I would still like to see a little more… Internal debate. Have him figure out why he is the way he is, give him moral dilemmas to solve, make him more humane. He is, after all, still human.

RE: ~Recommendations~

'Skywind' pid='563167' dateline='1457584693' Wrote: Fiction name: Lusarth Fauxun
Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure
Word count: 110k
Comments: A review would be nice. I haven't actually seen anyone give me any constructive criticism. Despite my heavy word count, not a whole lot has happened in the story yet. I'd say it's at the halfway point of the first arc right now.

As soon as I get everything here organized, I'll check yours out. I don't believe I've ever actually read yours, surprisingly.

'hveðrungr' pid='563309' dateline='1457593711' Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely take them into account. This whole thread is still a work in progress so I'll be making little tweaks here and there as it grows. Since I've been working on this thing for over two hours now, I'll be heading to bed. I'll make sure to fix the rest of whatever needs to be fixed tomorrow.
I'm not even sure how the heck you broke some of those codes... You over use them by the way. Stacking several size codes does not impact the one that actually displays the text. Also, if you're going to align an entire column, or several lines, just place the opening tag at the start, and closing tag at the end where you don't want the text to be aligned. The default is already to the left so you don't need to code for that. Just leave it without any alignment modifiers and it'll automatically align to the left.

Try formatting on google docs first, then add the tags manually after formatting your doc so that you have a visual reference. Also, copy + paste works from google docs but not from MS word due to some dumb formatting info that word has.
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

@Durrendal

Sure, that was actually next on my list after I get this a bit more organized.

'BlaiseCorvin' pid='563947' dateline='1457645277' Wrote: (...)

NP! After awhile I just started to write whatever came to mind. And yeah, I'm quite surprised how well my review was received, it was even #3 on top weekly reviews!

'Eyeball1844' pid='563951' dateline='1457645610' Wrote: (...)

I may have already read your fiction, I'll go check it out to refresh my memory. Don't think I excluded it on purpose, though, I'm still adding fictions.

Check out mine and give me some honest feedback please :)
Currently not much critisism, and hasn't got to the dark and interesting part yet, just building out the world and objectives, but would be happy for you to review and give me tips for the future, still haven't flashed out some characters yet

Dragon Rising

16 chapters in
Evil is merely a label for another's justice

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...oPWG2OCg-w

Dragon rising
Reincarnation as dragon(not really siding with humans or anything, just neutral
16 chapters
55-60 thousand
Building everything up at the moment, so nothing interesting so far, want to flash out a few characters and build the world a little before I move onto the extremely interesting and dark plot I have planned huehuehue
NOT A HAREM AND NO H SCENES

Not expecting to get recommended, but would like some advice as to what you would like in the story and also some tips on grammar
Would like review too <3
Evil is merely a label for another's justice

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...oPWG2OCg-w

Fiction Name: Bloody New World

Genre: Apocalyptic

Number of Chapters: 32

Word Count (approximate is fine): Around 70k

Any Additional Comments: It is a story where everyone on Earth gains one ability, including plants and animals, and technology collapses while fictional monsters attack. There is no RPG type system so I don't know if it fits that category or not. I would like a review and any feedback on how to improve would be appreciated. Thank you
Author of: Bloody New World

'HiDrangeA' pid='564673' dateline='1457700171' Wrote: Only an 8?  Ouch (⌯˃̶᷄ ﹏ ˂̶᷄⌯)

*Shrugs* I write it as I read it. Personally, I find PR a little slow, but I may or may not bump it up to an 8.5, the rest of it is quite good, hence why it's on this list at all.

'ResonantIce' pid='564812' dateline='1457711381' Wrote: Oh hey, my fic is listed on here. Thanks for the mention :D

No problem! I saw you lurking around here yesterday and remembered about your fic :P

'Hassaan94' pid='564813' dateline='1457711388' Wrote: (...)

Aw jeez, I knew this would happen sooner or later. I've read BNW already, and I do, in fact, quite like it. However, I don't feel it is among the "best of the best on RRL". I will write you a review though.

Thank you for the feedback. I just finished off my exams and came home, so after a bit of rest (partying) I will start my editing process tomorrow. I have been asking around for a lot of feedback these last two weeks and have got some valuable advice, and your detailed review helps me out a lot. I will start off by doing grammatical corrections before moving on to other things.

Do you think I should go back and improve side characters or make the ones present right now more developed? Like James and co. I could develop better, and the council and Ariel. But, I don't know if I should go back and add on to the characters from the ballroom...?

I'll improve the timeskip chapter too, thanks for pointing it out. Better buildup and improved descriptions of surroundings in some areas, will do.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and helping me out! :)
Author of: Bloody New World