Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

Fiction Previews When?!?!!

This is happening. It must happen. There needs to be a 'preview' button on the "My Fictions" page - a.k.a.; http://royalroadl.com/ufcp/fictions that simply allows one to preview a fiction or fiction chapter before posting. It is essential that we as authors try to make as least errors as possible, thus hopefully eradicating any bad reviews left by someone that didn't like our spelling or format because we couldn't see and review the final product before it was posted. Although, I do understand that it is possible to simply post said chapter in a comment box and preview it there, or even just post the chapter and edit it later - but it would save me, and many others time if this were to be implemented. Also; why in the hell is there a preview post button for comments but not the Fictions page? If anything, wouldn't the ability to preview your fiction be more important than looking at a comment your about to post?!

Anyway, I'd be very grateful if someone *cough cough* ADMIN(S) - would be able to take time out of their already busy schedule and at least take note of possibly adding this feature in the next to maybe near future.
"Something something philosophical" - Wise-ass
I suggest you switch to posting new chapters by going through the forums and posting a new thread in your fiction forum, allowing you to preview to your heart's content.
You are nothing but EXP and loot
Fantasia: http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/98
Eterna's Source: http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/2635
Lonely Light (Complete): http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/3569
am I the only one to whom that sounded gibberish and anyway why go such a roundabout way just to post a chapter...that will be tedious..I too think that the admins must do something about this...This is one of the most important feature for royal road
(29-12-16, 01:37 PM)Dastaan Wrote: am I the only one to whom that sounded gibberish and anyway why go such a roundabout way just to post a chapter...that will be tedious..I too think that the admins must do something about this...This is one of the most important feature for royal road

old thread. Pretty sure they added it already.
[Image: tHnDsL]
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]
(30-12-16, 03:48 AM)WhoCares Wrote:
(29-12-16, 01:37 PM)Dastaan Wrote: am I the only one to whom that sounded gibberish and anyway why go such a roundabout way just to post a chapter...that will be tedious..I too think that the admins must do something about this...This is one of the most important feature for royal road

NAH BUDDY they still haven't..
(30-12-16, 08:57 AM)Dastaan Wrote:

There is a 'Drafts' section of your fiction dashboard. I haven't used it, but I assume its function is exactly this.
(30-12-16, 12:13 PM)ShiftyCake Wrote:

There is a 'Drafts' section of your fiction dashboard. I haven't used it, but I assume its function is exactly this.

I use it buddy and pretty sure they haven't ....That's why I am here...trying to see if you guys have a solution to it...
(01-01-17, 09:38 AM)Dastaan Wrote:
(30-12-16, 12:13 PM)ShiftyCake Wrote:

I use it buddy and pretty sure they haven't ....That's why I am here...trying to see if you guys have a solution to it...

ok i know for a fact you can preview a chapter before posting because i just checked. Also, as far as i can tell, to save a draft you need to have written it as a draft (which is weird but ok .-.)
[Image: tHnDsL]
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]