[Forum Game] Ricochet: Harem Wars

https://i.imgur.com/lygXuJx.jpg?2
Sign up to be transported to another world, where you'll fight for your ultimate harem!

Welcome to Ricochet: Harem Wars!
It's a forum game, which is neither your nonsensical spam game, nor a complex role-play. This is all you need in order to play:

• When you sign up, choose one maiden for your fresh harem. You can pick a maiden from the overview list, or if you're brave: check the full maidens list. Each maiden can be picked only once.

• The game will progress through turns, with each turn usually lasting up to 48 hours. Once per turn, you'll need to PM me your action for the turn.

Signups Closed. Game in Session.

Game Goal
This is an elimination game. All players get transported to another world and get a chance to build a harem. But, you must prove that you're the only gary stu around, and that you deserve to own ALL the maidens.

• You begin the game with X HP. X will be announced at game start.

• Each turn, you can shoot another player.

• A player who falls to 0 HP will die , and will be removed from the game.

• The game ends when less than 30% of the players are alive. If 7 or players sign up, then the amount of allowed winners will be at least 2.

Keep in mind: you can work with other players, in order to improve your own chance of survival. However, strategizing with other players in private is forbidden. You can either discuss your strategies in this thread, or I'll open a private conversation for you, when you use a maiden's communication ability. 

Ricochet Rules
Ricochet is a variation of rock-paper-scissors, which is designed for a party game. Each turn, you must submit one of three actions:

• Shoot another player. Plain and straight: blast another player's face and deal them 1 dmg.
    -

• Shoot yourself. A tricky maneuver which requires some balls. If anybody shoots you when you shoot self... you'll ricochet the bullet back at the shooter! The silly attacker will be hit twice: first by their reflected bullet, then by your own bullet. You'll ricochet ALL the bullets that fly your way, no matter how many shooters there are. 

But here's the catch: if nobody shoots you, then you'll blast your own brain and will receive 1 dmg. This embarrassing failure will also make you stagger, turning you into a good target for air shots.
    -

• Shoot air. This is for pacifist wusses who don't want to fight. Your air shot will hit one random staggering player, if there are any this turn. If anybody shots you, then your air shot will be interrupted and won't hit anybody.

Ricochet may seem like a very luck-based game, but don't be fooled. Even though you may get far with random shots, you'll always be stronger if you predict attacks and borrow help from others.

Maiden Rules
Each player begins the game with one maiden. You may pick your preferred maiden when you sign up:

• Maidens Overview - The TL;DR version, for those who want to sign up and read the rules later.

• Maidens List - The full info about each maiden's abilities. Brace yourself for 4 pages of info dumping.

Each maiden offers two abilities, which have a limited number of Ability Points (AP). Each time you use an ability, then that ability loses 1 AP. The AP is presented as [X] beside the ability's name.

Maiden abilities can be used together with your shooting action. Each turn, you may use only ONE ability from each maiden in your harem. There are three general types of abilities:

• Shot Ability - The ability requires you to shoot in a specific way in order to be used. For example: if the ability states "Shoot a player", then it can't be used when you shoot self/air.
    -

• State Ability - Same as above, but also inflicts some sort of [State] by the end of the turn. Keep in mind, that inflicted [States] will come into effect starting from the following turn.
    -

• Free Ability - Can be used no matter how you shoot.

Some maidens can create a "replica" of an ability. In addition to using abilities of your maidens, you may also use ONE replica in a turn.

Harem Rules
So how do you build your harem? By going full NTR on other players, while enduring the 0.5 stars thrown at you.

When a player dies from a shot of yours, then you'll steal their whole harem for yourself! All the maidens will realize that you're the real gary stu of this show, and will loyally follow you around. When maidens join a new harem, they start anew with full AP.

Harem rules get a little complicated, when multiple players deal the killing blow to the same victim. In that case, the harem will be awarded to the player with the most "impressive" killing blow. Here's the list of priorities, from highest to lowest:

• You shot air, and randomly killed a staggering player.

• You shot air, and a player died from self-shooting.

• You shot self, and the attacker died from the ricochet.

• You shot a player, and killed them.

In case of a tie... nobody gets the harem. The poor maidens will perish without a gary stu to fawn over.

If you have any questions about the rules/abilities, then feel free to ask in the thread or to PM me.
Remember to keep calm and to build the strongest harem.

Players List

1. BlaiseCorvin (Thief)

2. Warlox (Spider)

3. Branya (Octopus)

4. Caera (Angel)

5. DonkeyMonsterz (Pyromaniac)

6. Nexus Wolf (Wolf)

7. Fire (Princess)

8. Solfyr (Avenger)

9. Tenebrae (Android)

10. Drogan (Hydra)

11. J0nn0 (Assassin)

12. Tony The Rage (Pirate)

13. Kentusrpg (Cat)

14. Alicornfater (Idol)

Turns
Prologue: Transported!?
Turn 1: Kentus Didn't Care
Turn 2: Group Suicide
Turn 3: Wolfen Rampage
Turn 4: New Horizons
Turn 5: A Land Without Mercy
Turn 6: Rise of the Harem Lord
Turn 7: Dragon Hamster
Turn 8: Silent Freeze
Turn 9: Wolfen Snack
Turn 10: Final Card
https://i.imgur.com/Cacc7wZ.png https://i.imgur.com/virYbj2.png Cover art by Fluffy Flower

RE: [Forum Game] Ricochet: Harem Wars

'Drogan' pid='784088' dateline='1473021120' Wrote: what is the status effect of staggered, its it like when your shot or when you shoot yourself?
"Stagger" pretty much means that you've become a "valid target' for air shots.

Stagger isn't exactly considered a "state" like others, which are written as [State], and it ends by the end of the turn. You stagger when you shoot yourself and "fail" (hit yourself, because nobody shot you). If you happen to stagger during a turn, then players who "Shoot Air" may hit you with stray bullets.
https://i.imgur.com/Cacc7wZ.png https://i.imgur.com/virYbj2.png Cover art by Fluffy Flower

RE: [Forum Game] Ricochet: Harem Wars

'Nexus Wolf' pid='784113' dateline='1473022815' Wrote: May? So it's not definite? Like if 3 players shoot air and only one person staggers, do they take 3 dmg? Or just 1 dmg due to extreme luck?
If there's only one player staggering and three air shooters (who weren't shot themselves), then the staggering scrub will get 1 dmg from his own shot + 3 dmg from all these air shooters. So a total of 4 dmg.

But, if there are two staggering players and 3 air shooters... random can do whatever. Maybe one player will be hit by all 3 air shots, whereas the other will be lucky and won't receive any extra dmg.