RE: Looking For A Plant MC

Bumping this thread for interest. Anything new crop up in the last half year? Looking for inspiration.

I've been juggling the idea of writing a plant MC story myself for a while now. The idea in my head will put more of a focus on some realism mixed with magic. Nothing silly like grass evolving. The better choice for a starting plant would be something like the Venus Flytrap, which is believed to have a rudimentary nervous system already. The problem is trying to make the story of a rooted plant interesting without either boring the readers or jumping from mindless to apex predator in three chapters

Well, I don't know how are you with it, but when I was a reader, I always liked seeing evolutions.
You could add tables, levels and evolution possibilities, which would help you in intriguing your readers and making your plant slowly evolve and reach the top.

Even if you don't like RPG style novels, you don't have to make it into that. Only partly. Just levels and evolution would be enough. You could call it as a world system or something like that.

'CorpseDead' pid='823296' dateline='1492011739' Wrote: Well, I don't know how are you with it, but when I was a reader, I always liked seeing evolutions.
You could add tables, levels and evolution possibilities, which would help you in intriguing your readers and making your plant slowly evolve and reach the top.

Even if you don't like RPG style novels, you don't have to make it into that. Only partly. Just levels and evolution would be enough. You could call it as a world system or something like that.

I want to shy away from LitRPG where you get levels and blue boxes. If I go that route, I might end up taking too much inspiration from Everybody Loves Large Chests. Evolution is still on the table though, it will just be more like metamorphosis instead.

'Nanocide' pid='823308' dateline='1492044788' Wrote:
'CorpseDead' pid='823296' dateline='1492011739' Wrote: Well, I don't know how are you with it, but when I was a reader, I always liked seeing evolutions.

I want to shy away from LitRPG where you get levels and blue boxes. If I go that route, I might end up taking too much inspiration from Everybody Loves Large Chests. Evolution is still on the table though, it will just be more like metamorphosis instead.

I'd like to forward the idea of death rebirth stuck evolving every generation. Or every couple what ever works.