Life focus novels? Life novel of what if you were someone else?

I've been thinking recently how it might be interesting to try doing a story where you are just reading it from the point of one chapter is the day in the life of you as an alternate you...in a different life and it doesn't have to be saving the world. I'm tired of the whole saving the world plot being overused anyway. The MC might not have everything all figured out right away too, maybe it will be implied that this person has a struggle of some kind to overcome and still have a lot of adversity and not be totally overpowered right from the get go.

Where the story is not necessarily all action. 

I've done a similar concept to this and actually one of them is like this, but in this case I'm considering an experiment where the story isn't action. Maybe its just building something. 

I've been curious if people would like something like this or how they'd react to it. 

I'm also curious if a story like this would still be received if there isn't sex scenes. Would people still support a story with no sex scenes? I'm not saying there wouldn't be romance or a steamy scene or two. Maybe the romance is there but just sex scenes are glossed or summed up instead. I am curious how someone might take this.

RE: Life focus novels? Life novel of what if you were someone else?

I suppose so. I'm just curious about the point of view where not every chapter/episode of a story is all hell breaking loose. Maybe they don't have to hate each other...or not always having a war everywhere. Maybe its still interesting and could have magic or fantasy or whatever, but not everything being about hate and war.

But I have to gather information to find out how reception might be.

The Demon and the Princess, in my signature, is a slice of life fantasy story, that I'm currently trying to write, although it's not based on my life, so I guess that falls out.

What you're describing is a somewhat lower form of wish fullfilment, but people generally don't go for that.
In any case, I wish you luck in finding or buidling what you've described here.

well it doesn't have to be based on your life. I'm not trying to eliminate anyone or anything but just think about something that's not traditional but still interesting. 

So you think people don't go for alternate life sim kind of stories?