[Forum Game] New Shuffle Ricochet V3: Color Crafters - Hidden Ending

The Ruins of Time... A damaged cathedral from the remains of an unknown war. While the crumbling building only remained standing to serve as an epilogue for those who had fallen before it, another story was about to slither onto the scene. Broken shards of colored glass inched forward from their proper homes, forgetfulness from the past in tow. The only remains of a dying legacy were split into cards that haunt all visitors with forbidden power and destruction. It is said that the last owner of the Ruins would grant immortality to the one that can defy fate and solve his dangerous "[Survival Game]"...

Introduction
Welcome to New Shuffle Ricochet V3, a variant of the Ricochet forum game! This is where you shoot it out with fellow players to eliminate your competitors and come out on top as the winning survivor!

Here’s all you have to do to sign up and play:

• Make a post in this thread and sign up for the game by saying you’re “/in”. This will place you on the list of participants. Make sure the “/in” is bolded!

• This game is divided into a series of turns. Each turn, you will send me a PM with your list of actions for the turn. Turns will last 48 hours or until actions from all players have been received. The actions you can perform for this game are listed below in the Mechanics section.

Game Objective and Rules
As stated previously, the goal of this game is to kill and eliminate all other players. You will do this by reducing the HP of other players to 0 through combat. To achieve this goal, you have two methods of inflicting and protecting against damage: A Ricochet action and a Card action. Covered in more detail in the Ricochet Mechanics subsection below, your Ricochet action is your primary means of dishing out damage, defending yourself, and predicting the actions of other players. In addition to this, you have a Card action that you can perform each turn, which is covered in greater detail in the Card Mechanics subsection below. By acquiring and using these cards, you have another option in your arsenal to deal with your opponents.

In summary:

• Each player starts off with N HP, with N being an integer value determined at the start of the game based on the amount of participants.

• Every player performs their own set of actions each turn: a Ricochet action and a Card action. These actions are submitted to me privately. At the end of the turn after deadline has been reached or all actions have been submitted, I will process all actions and post a scene detailing the actions and status of everyone for that turn. The game proceeds to the next turn afterwards.

• Any player who reaches 0HP after processing all player actions within a turn is removed from the game. These players may or may not be able to be revived.

• This game will end once there is only one player remaining or the win conditions of all living players are properly fulfilled. Remember this.

• You may wish to team up with other players. Keep in mind that private communication between other players without permission is not allowed. You cannot talk to other in private unless the mechanics of the game explicitly allow this to occur. Also, only the last player standing can win by default, so also make sure to take that into consideration when forming your alliances.

Mechanics

Ricochet Mechanics
At its core, Ricochet is essentially a glorified game of rock-paper-scissors. Except instead of wondering when to show your sign, you have one of these three options to perform as your Ricochet action:

• Shoot another player. For the violent and direct people. You will deal 1HP of damage by default if you successfully hit that player with your bullet, excluding external factors and multipliers.

• Shoot yourself. Reach out to the truth. If you shoot yourself while someone else is shooting you, you’ll succeed and reflect their bullet back at them. This will reflect bullets back at any amount of attackers when successful! However, if you shoot yourself while no one else is shooting at you, you’ll fail and eat your own bullet for 1HP of damage, excluding external factors and multipliers. Failing like this will be referred to as staggering.

• Shoot air. Screw that guy. You’ll leave yourself wide open to other players shooting you, but if someone fails while shooting self and staggers, your bullet may find itself randomly careening towards their skull. If you’re shot while shooting air, your shot will be interrupted.

If you fail to turn in a Ricochet action by the specified deadline, you will lose 1HP and shoot air by default. Your air shot will be considered interrupted and will not be able to strike staggering players if this happens. Repeated neglect to turn in actions by deadline will result in more loss of HP for each occurrence in the pattern of a Fibonacci sequence (i.e. losing HP by combining the sustained injuries of the previous two penalties like so: -1HP, -1HP, -2HP, -3HP, -5HP, -8HP, etc.). Because I’m a nerd. Of course, you will die of this fatal consequence if your HP reaches 0 as a result.

Card Mechanics

Drawing and Using Cards
In this Ricochet variant, you will draw card(s) at the beginning of each turn, which are added to your hand. These cards will come with an ability that can be used as your Card action for the turn. Card actions can be used in addition to your normal Ricochet action. Cards are drawn and distributed randomly from an infinite deck that can yield any Main Deck Card with an equal chance. In this game, all players will start with 5 cards in their hand at the beginning of the game and draw a set number of cards each turn that is announced in a post at the beginning of each turn. By default, the amount of cards drawn at first will be 1 card per turn; this amount will increase as the game progresses.

Each card also comes with a specified Color. The color of the card you use in a turn determines the color of the actions you will perform for that corresponding turn. The Color Mechanics subsection below lists the meaning of colors and what their effect is on this game.

All cards you draw will remain in your hand until you explicitly use them as your Card action. You may think of your hand as an inventory of one-shot abilities if it helps you envision this better. There is no set limit on the amount of cards you can hold in your hand. Cards consist of active abilities, which must be used as your Card action in order to take effect. Once a Card is used, it will disappear from your hand and go to the Graveyard by default. There will be a Graveyard list here that keeps track of used cards. Some card abilities may be able to interact with the Graveyard… By the way, the number of cards you can use in a turn is announced in a post at the beginning of the turn. For this game, you can use 1 card each turn at first; this amount will increase as the game progresses, similar to how the amount of cards you draw increases.

Finally, cards that are used will be revealed in their corresponding position in the Card Compendium at the end of each turn. Everyone will be aware of what card effects occurred this way after cards are used. I will also keep track of your hands for you, showing you your current hand at the beginning of each turn and during any action which modifies your hand in some way, shape, or form.

Crafting
It is possible to make new cards as the game progresses. This procedure is referred to as crafting, the process by which you trade me cards in exchange for a much more powerful card. You will not be able to use the traded-in cards, but you will gain much more powerful effects from any card you craft. Crafted cards are traded and given to you instantly (or as soon as I’m available to do so) in real-time if you submit a Craft action to me privately. This means you can use crafted cards instantly during the same turn!

To properly craft new cards, you have to follow recipes listed in the Card Compendium here. The deck that holds available cards to craft is the Extra Deck. Recipe ingredients for each card are displayed alongside the name of the card like so:

Ex. [Gravity Buster] (Black) <3 Black, 1 White, 1 Yellow> ???

For example, for this card, you would need 3 Black cards, 1 White card, and 1 Yellow card in your hand. If you had those, you could choose to Craft [Gravity Buster] to me in private, which would exchange the cards you specify (that satisfy those recipe conditions). I would immediately reply with [Gravity Buster]’s effect and show you your new hand as a result like so:

Ex. [Gravity Buster] (Black) All non-Black actions for this turn take effect after Black actions. If you shoot another player, deal +2HP of unblockable damage for every Black action that resolves this turn. (This shot cannot be reflected back at you.)

You will not know the effect of the card until you craft it. However, a good indication of card power is the amount and colors of the ingredients needed and the name of the card in question. Use those hints to seek out cards that will grant you unlimited power…!

Card Confiscation
If you happen to kill another player with the finishing blow, you will be granted possession of all of the cards in their hand. If two or more players kill the same player at the same time, cards will be randomly evenly distributed among the group of players. I mean… where they’re going, they’re not gonna be using them anyway.

Color Mechanics

Color Status
Each player’s actions have a Color status associated with them based on the card(s) they used that turn. This is known as their Primary Color for that turn. The Primary Color of a player’s actions is determined by the majority color of the card(s) they used for that corresponding turn. If there is a tie between majority colors, their Primary Color is randomly produced from the colors tied with one another.

For example:
Say I can use 3 cards for this turn and have 3 Blues, 2 Yellows, and 1 Green in my hand. I decide to use 2 Blue cards and my 1 Yellow Card:

Card: [Blue Card]
Card: [Yellow Card]

In this scenario, since the majority of the cards I used were Blue cards, this means that my overall Primary Color for the turn is Blue. If I were to instead use 1 of each colored card - 1 Blue, 1 Yellow, and 1 Green - like so:

Card: [Yellow Card]
Card: [Green Card]

This would be a situation where my majority color results in a tie. If this happens, I randomly determine your Primary Color between the tied colors; the resulting Primary Color of your actions would either be Blue, Yellow, or Green depending on the randomization.

Color Effects and Multipliers
That may be all good and well, but you’re probably wondering: What’s the deal with these colors beyond this? In this game, you can guess that card effects are tied pretty closely to colors, after all. Colors act like multipliers on your Ricochet actions, acting on one another. They can modify the damage output of Ricochet actions to be stronger or weaker.

In this game, there are six Colors: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, White, and Black. This may be familiar to fans of a certain video game, and it works exactly the same way there as it does here. These six colors can be separated into three pairs of opposing colors like so:

Black <-> White
Red <-> Blue
Yellow <-> Green

Opposing colors deal double damage to each other. You can imagine where I’m going with this. If your Ricochet action is of an opposing color to the person you’re damaging, you’ll deal twice the amount of total accumulated damage to them! The opposite rings true of actions of the same color. If your Ricochet action is of the same color to the person you’re damaging, you will only deal half the amount of total accumulated damage. And of course, any other color combination other than opposing colors and the same colors just results in neutral damage. No color multiplier is applied in this instance.

To fully understand this, I will present an extensive hypothetical scenario for the sake of complete clarification:
Ex. Let’s say I’m shooting another player. We can call him Claymore, just for example’s sake. The majority color of the individual card(s) I used this turn was Red. My Primary Color is Red and my base weapon damage is 1HP. There are multiple scenarios that can occur here:

• Claymore shoots another player (maybe even me!) and his Primary Color is Red. My bullet only does .5HP of damage to him because our Primary Colors are the same.

• Claymore shoots airs and his Primary Color is Red. The same scenario as above; I only do .5HP of damage to him because our Primary Colors are the same.

• Claymore shoots another player and his Primary Color is Blue. Blue is the opposing color to Red! So I do 2HP of damage to him. Note: if he happened to be shooting me too, we’d do double damage to each other!

• Claymore shoots air and his Primary Color is Blue. The same scenario as above; I do 2HP of damage to him because we are of opposing Primary Colors.

• Claymore shoots another player or shoots air and his Primary Color is not Red or Blue. Our Primary Colors are neutral against one another, so I only deal 1HP of damage as usual.

• Claymore shoots himself and his Primary Color is Red. Ricochets result in the color of the reflected bullet changing to that of the reflecting player’s Primary Color. This wouldn’t matter in this scenario though, since we’re both Red. The bullet is deflected back at me for .5HP of damage because we’re both the same color.

• Claymore shoots himself and his Primary Color is Blue. My bullet ricochets back to me for 2HP of damage because the ricochet changed my Primary Color of Red into his Primary Color of Blue due to the ricochet.

• Claymore shoots himself and his Primary Color is not Red or Blue. My bullet ricochets back to me for a neutral amount of 1HP at whatever his Primary Color was.

This example works for the other two color pairs as well: replace Red and Blue with White and Black or Yellow and Green for the same example with the other colors! Let’s go with another example for shooting air to tie up any loose ends:
Ex. I shoot air with my Red action and Claymore happens to be shooting self. By the whims of the RNG goddess, my bullet happens to fly into his direction when no one shoots him and he staggers. What happens based on colors here?

It’s pretty similar:
If Claymore’s Primary Color is Blue: He takes 2HP of damage from my straying bullet. Yikes.
If Claymore’s Primary Color is Red: He takes .5HP of damage from my wild one. Phew.
If Claymore’s Primary Color is neither Red or Blue: He takes 1HP of damage from my friend. How boring.
The same deal occurs for the other two pairs of opposing colors.

Miscellaneous Color Mechanics Information
[Colorless]
You may be wondering what happens if you do not or are unable to use a card during a turn. Your Primary Color will be considered Colorless for any turn you cannot or choose not to use a Card action. No Color multipliers will apply to actions you perform or actions performed against you, regardless of the colors other players’ actions are. This can be… strategic in its own sense. There also may be cards that are similarly Colorless.

[Color Effects]
Lots of cards and their corresponding effects will involve the colors of actions. You can see a small example of this from my [Gravity Buster] example in the Crafting portion of the Card Mechanics subsection above. There might even be cards out there that force your Primary Color to be a different color, or reverse how color interactions occur in general. Be mindful of this!

[Multiplier Disclaimer]
This is just a reminder that these were all examples at a base damage of 1HP, the default amount. If you manage to do actions that increase that output… Things can get a lot more fatal, even with resistances. After all, color multipliers double and halve base damage.

[Primary Colors vs. Individual Card Colors]
This is a reminder that there is a difference between your Primary Color - the total summed color of the card(s) you used in a turn - and individual card colors. In this game, if I’m referring to the color of an individual card, I will explicitly say so in any card’s effect. If I’m referring to the overall color of your actions in a turn, I refer to it as a Primary Color.

Further Information
If you need to reach me for anything or have any questions or necessary clarifications, I will answer you to the best of my ability. I can be reached in this thread, through PM, or through one of the following channels if you want information as soon as possible:

Discord: PendulumFire#8695
Twitter: @RenchonFire

I monitor these much more frequently than the forums so I should get back to you rather fast.

Thank you for your interest and consideration! Sign-ups will now take place in this thread. Just /in as stated at the beginning of this post and I can promise a fun time for all of us!

Important Links
Rules and Mechanics
Final Boss Rules
Card Compendium + Graveyard
Cross-Forum Chat
Scenes List
RRL Thread
N4A Thread

Signups List [CLOSED]
RRL:
1. Caera
2. Solfyr
3. Nexus Wolf
4. kentusrpg
5. donkeymonsterz
6. DarkClaymore
7. j0nn0
8. Branya
9. loliko
10. Tenebrae
11. OldBegginings
12. mataaitai
13. Tony the Rage?
14. Empty Overture

N4A:
1. Ash
2. Katsie
3. Thirdkoopa
https://i.imgur.com/edT2yiZ.gif?1

RE: [Forum Game] New Shuffle Ricochet V3: Color Crafters

I still don't get some stuff, and I have a big suspicion that I'll easily lose here.

But still, /in

Also, cards do have effects right? Like the abilities of the harem members? Or are cards only for the color mechanics? I can use multiple cards in a single turn? Or is just what colors I have?
Maturity is when you realize that most Xianxias are about drug addicts and their hunt for a better high.                     

[/url][url=http://forum.royalroadl.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6315]https://i.imgur.com/SSyXrQz.png

No worries, I figured people would have questions. I'm notoriously bad when it comes to leaving stuff out or not explaining well enough without more prompting.

Please continue to ask me questions so that I can properly clarify anything confusing, both here and in the opening post.

'Nexus Wolf' pid='815581' dateline='1475904908' Wrote: I still don't get some stuff, and I have a big suspicion that I'll easily lose here.

But still, /in

Also, cards do have effects right? Like the abilities of the harem members? Or are cards only for the color mechanics? I can use multiple cards in a single turn? Or is just what colors I have?

Yes, all cards have effects. If you want a past example of how card effects work and what kind of cards there could be you can look at the cards of one of my previous games to see what kind of card effects you can get here. They're essentially equivalent to the replicas of the maiden's abilities you saw in Claymore's game. They're all one-shot abilities that you can choose to use in the same way as maidens each turn, with the additional property of having a color associated to them.

The amount of cards you can use in a turn will be displayed at the beginning of each turn post when I distribute cards. At first, you can only use one card per turn, but this amount will increase as the game progresses. In posts where I distribute drawn cards at the beginning of each turn, I will say something to the effect of:

Each player draws X cards this turn.
Each player can use Y cards this turn.

Which will let you know how many cards you draw and were given by me for that turn, and how many cards you can use for that turn.

'kentusrpg' pid='815590' dateline='1475922697' Wrote: /in

There is too little information about the drawing of cards and the hand. Will you draw cards up to a specific amount (like that you start your turn always with 6 cards), or do you draw a random number of cards? Does your hand have a limit of cards, that it can hold?

You will start the game with 5 cards, then draw a set number of cards at the beginning of each turn. This number will be 1 card per turn at first, but will increase in size as the game progresses.

Your hand does not have a set limit. You can theoretically hold any number of cards. And the cards in your hand will always remain in your hand permanently until you decide to use them.

'DarkClaymore' pid='815606' dateline='1475936973' Wrote: /in

I like the mechanics. Especially that staggering state. Best mechanic I've ever seen https://i.imgur.com/SEBbep4.gif

Are you hosting this on NS2 too? Haven't seen a thread there.

NS2 is dead now as far as activity goes. Pretty much everyone there jumped ship to another site called Ninfora because of administration issues between the staff and the host company of NS2.

I will be hosting this on Ninfora too though probably. Just haven't posted the thread there yet because I wanted to double-check and clarify where I should post it with the lead admin there first.

'Fire' pid='815610' dateline='1475938991' Wrote: NS2 is dead now as far as activity goes. Pretty much everyone there jumped ship to another site called Ninfora because of administration issues between the staff and the host company of NS2.

I will be hosting this on Ninfora too though probably. Just haven't posted the thread there yet because I wanted to double-check and clarify where I should post it with the lead admin there first.
Did the usual scrubs go there as well? A rico game isn't nearly as fun without me facing EO in the finals.
https://i.imgur.com/Cacc7wZ.png https://i.imgur.com/virYbj2.png Cover art by Fluffy Flower

'DarkClaymore' pid='815620' dateline='1475940313' Wrote:
'Fire' pid='815610' dateline='1475938991' Wrote: NS2 is dead now as far as activity goes. Pretty much everyone there jumped ship to another site called Ninfora because of administration issues between the staff and the host company of NS2.

Did the usual scrubs go there as well? A rico game isn't nearly as fun without me facing EO in the finals.

Pretty sure most of them jumped ship. I don't know if EO has yet but he's been so busy with work lately and I can always just poke him on Discord to see if he's not totally dead inside.

Didn't read all the mechanics, but I'm /in
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.