Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

The Pledge (Details)

The WriTEr’s Pledge

The below signed vow to finish their fictions at all costs. Through fire, wind or storm, these valiant authors will honor the commitment that they have made to their readers and to themselves. They also agree to be bound by the below mentioned rules that are there to ensure that they stick to their pledge.

1.      All signatories must have a regular update schedule or post frequently at least once a month. Regular update schedules do not have to be a specific time/date for releases, and may be something like “one chapter a week” or “one chapter a month.”

2.      Fictions will be put on the list only if the author has been posting frequently for at least one month and has uploaded at least 10000 words (exceptions may be made for short stories and one-shots)

3.      Signatories will be given a banner to put in their story’s description, and asked to promote the Pledge Thread in their signatures or in author’s note (as they wish.) Signatories are advised to promote the pledge thread to maximize the benefit they receive from the assurance of readers who know that their fiction will end properly.

4.      Any signatory who does not write a chapter for a month will be PMd by the WriTE moderators, requesting for an explanation and urging them to continue writing. The WriTE community will aid in combating writer’s block, if needed.

5.      Signatories will provide an email address that they frequently use, so that moderators may email them if they do not respond to RRl PMs.

6.      After several months of inactivity, the signatory’s fiction will be placed in the disgraced “Broken Pledges” category.

7.      Authors whose fictions are in the “Broken Pledges” category, may not put another fiction on the Pledge list until they fulfill their Broken Pledge. Any of the author’s existing fictions that are still being updated frequently, will be taken off the list (but not put in the broken pledge list)

8.      If a story is in the “Broken Pledge” category for half a year, it will be taken off and the author will be banned from the taking the pledge again.

9.      Pledge breakers will have their Pledged status/banner removed from their fiction description by supermod Vocaloid.

10.   Signatories may not end their stories with an “axed” ending, and must finish it properly.

11.   “Fulfilled Pledges” are stories that were pledged for completion and reached their goal.

12.   Signatories will receive the benefit of assuring their reader that their story will be completed, ensuring a healthier reader-base and thus, more motivation to keep going.

13.   Signatories do not need to be WriTE members, although everyone is encouraged to consider joining Writers to The End as at least an honorary member (since anyone can do that and there are no strings attached.)

14. Approved authors should submit a link to their cover uploaded to imgur and a reasonably sized blurb to the moderators, or allow them to use whatever they have already uploaded.

To sign the pledge, comment below with your fiction’s name, and a link to the fiction. You may also include a fun pledge role-play BELOW the link to your fiction. You are encouraged to upload a cover to your fiction before signing the pledge. The moderators will check if your fiction meets the above-mentioned criteria, and send you a PM asking for an email address and short blurb. Your fiction will then be displayed on the main pledged fictions thread.
[Image: tHnDsL]
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]
Binary Soul
Everybody Loves Large Chests

I shall brave the fires of creation!
I shall withstand the winds of boredom!
I shall weather the storm of writer's block!
By the wisdom and glory of Karen-chan, I hereby pledge to finish both of these novels and bring them to full completion!

KAREN-CHAN! KAREN-CHAN! KAREN-CHAN!

I swear upon the ever-delicious Krill that Her will shall be done!

KRILL! KRILL! KRILL! KRILL! 

All hail Karen-chan!

ALL HAIL! ALL HAIL! ALL HAIL!

*Everyone is then eaten by Karen-chan*
.... im too week for this T~T
God's mistake. :yawn:
Also, I love you all.
#nohomo
Screw it, there's no reason for me not to pledge at this point. I want to finish both of these fictions anyway, though, the earliest either will be done is like next summer at my current rate. My fictions do for the most part fulfill all of the requirements necessary to do the pledge, but I do have one problem with the current set-up, well 'query'.

When both series are eventually done, I'm planning to do like a month of editing (because both series will probably be stupidly long) on them to make sure the series as a whole is good before declaring it's official completion. If that's okay for me to do, then there won't be a problem on my end.

Myth of Men
High school life in a world where everyone has superpowers

- obligatory role-play -

Member of WriTE. The most apathetic member...
RE:WRITE

Trumpets blared, filling the musty, old chamber with a creepy yet regal symphony. Hooded figures lined the walls to either side, muttering, murmuring, and snarling unintelligibly. I approached the sacrificial altar, my heart thumping inside my chest as if it wanted to jump out and do the cancan before withering away. I got on one knee in front of the altar, and raised my child above my head.
Silence.

Ripples began appearing on the pool of water on top of the altar. Then, a slithering noise echoed across the chamber. A few hooded figures took sharp breaths, some fell to their knees, whilst others began to cower in the corners. A tentacle shot out of the pool, grabbed my baby, and took it into the deeps.
I closed my eyes, and prayed that my offering would be accepted.
The only question was...who was going to do the accepting? .-.
[My Website
]
I will join in from April 2017 since i am going for a 4-month hitaus for academic purposes. Is that acceptable?
(17-12-16, 06:18 PM)Weismann Wrote: I will join in from April 2017 since i am going for a 4-month hitaus for academic purposes. Is that acceptable?

Of course! Good luck!
[My Website
]
So, what if I'm typing this fic, and I feel like I just can't continue it. It feels dauntingly impossible. But I already pledged it. Is it possible to revoke it?

Or, in simpler terms, can I chicken out?
Maturity is when you realize that most Xianxias are about drug addicts and their hunt for a better high.                     

[/url][url=http://forum.royalroadl.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6315][Image: SSyXrQz.png]