The WriTEr’s Pledge
The below signed vow to finish their fictions at all costs. Through fire, wind or storm, these valiant authors will honor the commitment that they have made to their readers and to themselves. They also agree to be bound by the below mentioned rules that are there to ensure that they stick to their pledge.
1. All signatories must have a regular update schedule or post frequently at least once a month. Regular update schedules do not have to be a specific time/date for releases, and may be something like “one chapter a week” or “one chapter a month.”
2. Fictions will be put on the list only if the author has been posting frequently for at least one month and has uploaded at least 10000 words (exceptions may be made for short stories and one-shots)
3. Signatories will be given a banner to put in their story’s description, and asked to promote the Pledge Thread in their signatures or in author’s note (as they wish.) Signatories are advised to promote the pledge thread to maximize the benefit they receive from the assurance of readers who know that their fiction will end properly.
4. Any signatory who does not write a chapter for a month will be PMd by the WriTE moderators, requesting for an explanation and urging them to continue writing. The WriTE community will aid in combating writer’s block, if needed.
5. Signatories will provide an email address that they frequently use, so that moderators may email them if they do not respond to RRl PMs.
6. After several months of inactivity, the signatory’s fiction will be placed in the disgraced “Broken Pledges” category.
7. Authors whose fictions are in the “Broken Pledges” category, may not put another fiction on the Pledge list until they fulfill their Broken Pledge. Any of the author’s existing fictions that are still being updated frequently, will be taken off the list (but not put in the broken pledge list)
8. If a story is in the “Broken Pledge” category for half a year, it will be taken off and the author will be banned from the taking the pledge again.
9. Pledge breakers will have their Pledged status/banner removed from their fiction description by supermod Vocaloid.
10. Signatories may not end their stories with an “axed” ending, and must finish it properly.
11. “Fulfilled Pledges” are stories that were pledged for completion and reached their goal.
12. Signatories will receive the benefit of assuring their reader that their story will be completed, ensuring a healthier reader-base and thus, more motivation to keep going.
13. Signatories do not need to be WriTE members, although everyone is encouraged to consider joining Writers to The End as at least an honorary member (since anyone can do that and there are no strings attached.)
14. Approved authors should submit a link to their cover uploaded to imgur and a reasonably sized blurb to the moderators, or allow them to use whatever they have already uploaded.
To sign the pledge, comment below with your fiction’s name, and a link to the fiction. You may also include a fun pledge role-play BELOW the link to your fiction. You are encouraged to upload a cover to your fiction before signing the pledge. The moderators will check if your fiction meets the above-mentioned criteria, and send you a PM asking for an email address and short blurb. Your fiction will then be displayed on the main pledged fictions thread.