RE: Blind revenge Vs. Struggling to revenge

People with high EQ will belong to the second group.

People with low EQ will belong to the first.

If you have high EQ, you will be able to manage your emotions better as to not let them cloud your judgement. You are also able to sympathise and understand why is it that the people around you do the things that they do.

However, obviously there are some things that you can't forgive e.g. if someone murdered your entire family. There are also people out there in this world that are genuinely evil, and there is simply no point in sympathising with these people. So this question would be circumstantial on the act itself, the person performing it, and the EQ of the answerer.
Luna — yandere story about a guy that unknowingly confesses to a deranged girl with superhuman abilities. Contains gore and is intended for mature audiences.

'junek777' pid='821990' dateline='1488531359' Wrote: Hello! 

I have been writing my novel for a while, and one of my readers brought up an interesting view on revenge. 

I was wondering what you would do if you had to revenge against someone.

Are you a type of person who becomes blind to everything and does whatever it takes to take revenge? (Even when your target is regretting his/her actions and wants to apologize to you?)

Or are you a softie like me, who can't proceed with the revenge because you end up understanding why your target hurt you? Or your target is actually a very nice person who happens to have slipped at the wrong time?

What type of person are you when it comes to revenge? Let me hear your opinions!

That's a bit stylistic.
I bet some people who have the EQ to understand why people do things, can be coerced or pushed into revenge. Its not only EQ, a part of it is also: What do you feel is justice? What do you think is suitable retaliation? How angry can one get? What are the reasons for revenge and what is the goal of your "revenge-project"

If the entire story is revenge-based, then I would probably want to see a slow transformation to show the character's development throughout what he experiences in the story. Like perhaps, at the start he would be recklessly seeking revenge, then as time goes on, he grows to question his decision, which finally leads to him choosing to spare his subject of revenge and ultimately letting go of the burden he has given himself so that he can truly live again without hatred or prejudice.
Luna — yandere story about a guy that unknowingly confesses to a deranged girl with superhuman abilities. Contains gore and is intended for mature audiences.

It depends. The problem with some stories (I know Xianxia is a dead horse at this point, but it's the perfect example) is that people take things far too seriously. For instance, in Xianxia, someone might kill someone just because they're an eyesore, or they might exterminate a clan for another really petty reason.

Every little thing will send someone to swear vengeance as if they have some sort of mental disorder where anything that contradicts them or inconveniences them must be destroyed. And the stronger the characters are, the more disturbed they tend to become.

The best sort of revenge involves turning your "victim" into the sort of person you no longer need to get revenge on.

Short-term revenge, such as murder, is like cotton candy. It tastes oh so sweet, but the stuff is a pain to get off your hands, and you can't live off cotton candy alone.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.