Why not a social healer MC?

First a story.

Me and my friends used to have a support mainly guild ([Help the noobs] was the name) and we used to be one of the guilds you do not mess with, because we were you know... the carebears of this world... most of us were actually healers to help the noobs and they left when felt strong enough.

One time we got a problem with the guild [Blank] one of the biggest PK guilds, because they liked to pick on the nobs on our care without a reason, our leader(a healer called Trinde) convinced the entire server (including the opposing faction and the rogue guilds) to search and destroy them so hard Blanks  leader rage quitted the game, it was a massacre, and we didn't die even a single time (our guild composed of 50+ healers and 30+ supports so that was no surprise).

This is a major plot I think, imagine an average healer that uses his social/political skills i.e. being a guile hero (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GuileHero) to win not only his fights but make the game better overall,

and best of all Trinde was never the social the good or the justice guy, actually he was usually rude, pessimistic and even psychopathic (the charity of the guild was my idea, not his), but he knew how to convince others, and destroy them too.

It would be really interesting, isn't it?

I was thinking about writing it but some of my professional writing friends said I do not have enough skill. and I have to agree, I do not read enough, but you guys can make it can't you? it would be perfect I think xD

RE: Why not a social healer MC?

well, to speak frankly, tell your professional writing friends to shut their trap. Everyone has the skill to write, you simply haven't exercised the skill before. I urge you to give it a go. You'll find it immensely more enjoyable to bring your own creation to life, then to watch someone else do it. It might be hard. You might be bad at first. But every writer started out by learning from their mistakes, like anything in life. If you feel enough passion to write the ideas you imagine, then you should do it.

RE: Why not a social healer MC?

I agree with Andrew. The idea sounds amazing and just the way you described it makes me really interested to hear more. I'd love to read a story about a healer taking over a game. All that matters is getting your ideas down - you'll get better at writing over time, and if you ever need help editing I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to assist.

Go for it!

And if you decide to post it, please shoot me a PM so I can be sure to read it. :)

Re: Why not a social healer MC?

I love healer characters. It's a job that requires more skill and intelligence than most people realize. You have to manage a ton of variables at once to make sure you're working efficiently. If done right, a good healer can make a team nearly unstoppable. Plus, the symbiotic relationship between a healer and the rest of their team is interesting to explore.  It's probably why I made one of my MCs is a healer.

I say, write it. The first draft might not be amazing, mine sure as hell wasn't, but everyone has to start somewhere. Just research everything you can, and take advice when it's offered. 

Also, if you do go forward, send me a link. I'd read the hell out of that.
Do you like fun? Then check out my GameLit story, PARTY HARD. https://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/19142/party-hard

Re: Why not a social healer MC?

There are some stories about healer mages out there, but it's certainly a rarity in Fantasy genre, I have read a few, some are well-done, others aren't.
I read one where the MC was a reincarnated person who learned healing magic to have a common and peaceful life, MC here was a smart and kind person.

There was another where the MC used healing magic on the world to go back in time to get revenge on the people who tortured him, but he let himself experience years of torture again in the new timeline to have a reason for a "righteous and justified" vengeance on those people instead of avoiding his suffering, he was insane and also a manipulative rapist.

I also read one where a village boy watched a Saint perform healing when he was a kid so he trained by himself to be a healer and actually surpassed all other healing mages and even the Saint of his country. The MC here was an airhead and also a lolicon, but he was a good guy who tried to help people at any chance he got, this was a japanese harem style of novel where MC is a virgin surrounded with girls in love with him but he never actually does anything with them.

So, there are all kinds of healer MC stories out there if you are interested in them although they are indeed few in comparison to others.

That being said what I want you to know is that no one and I mean NO ONE can tell you that you don't have the necessary skill to start writing your own story, especially in webnovel format, where we constantly go back, edit, receive feedback and critics, and edit again in an eternal process to improve.

Maybe you won't make millions with your story, maybe you won't gain a prize or get famous, but so what? If you want to write and you have a story inside you, then write it. even the weirdest, nonsensical and bizarre stories get fans and support, so don't be discouraged just because you lack the skill, as long as you are willing to receive critics and improve, you can do it even if slowly.

Go for it, I would give it a try. Just beware, it will be hard, making the plots, designing characters, locations, relationships and all that.
But if you enjoy it and work hard on it, it will be worth it.