Social outcast

How many of you who partake in royalroad consider yourselves to be loners or different from the flock. I ask because after a while from being on this site I find that's the general vibe. Loners and antihero stories are also more prominent that hero stories which most likely reflects the fan base. If you are a loner why do you think that came to be? Personal question I know but I'm curious?

RE: Social outcast

I suppose my story is the same. The only difference is I was moved into a bad neighborhood where I couldn't relate to the people. People did try to bully me but after an inspirational episode of one piece I walked straight into a gang of people and started throwing a Gatling. I was respected after that even though I got my ass terribly wounded. But now the situation is worse I'm considering a bad student and a loner. Just like you it gave me time to think and contemplate a great deal of things that I would later deem meaningless. It's strange but I think all loners to an extent r the same. Are background may differ but are minds rarely do. I feel as though if we all got together it would make for interesting conversation.

Oh God, where to begin =___=

Actually... This is a bit too personal to share, sorry. It was a long road, though, I can say that much : | Sometimes there are a few reasons, sometimes there's a myriad reasons that mesh together over time.

'theeyecansee' pid='824533' dateline='1495811524' Wrote:  "I feel as though if we all got together it would make for interesting conversation."

I feel as though if we all got together, it'd produce the most epic awkward silence ever -___-;
"There are two kinds of people: Those who create to become someone great, and those who become someone great to create."
- Katherine Sun

I think I considered myself a loner. Let's see: don't like group projects, don't start conversations, and don't try new things unless forced. Yep, Grade B loner.

Quote:Loners and antihero stories are also more prominent that hero stories which most likely reflects the fan base. If you are a loner why do you think that came to be?

I assume the question you're asking was why anti-hero stories or loner MCs are more common? Does it reflect on the dwellers of RRL because (assuming) most of us are loners?

I haven't read even 50 stories here and I don't have a firm grasp on whose the audience are here or what common stories are mostly written. So, take my opinions as a grain of sand.

Assuming most of us are loners, yeah. If anti-hero stories and loner MCs are prominent because it's self-inserting right? Would loners relate more to Mr. Popular or someone who keeps it to themselves and being a hard worker? Do they want to see wimpy, good to honest MC or someone who are not afraid to be outspoken with moral ambiguity?

But it's all on conjecture.

Or do I miss the entire point this tread?

I am a loner myself. I never had a social group.

"It's okay," I thought to myself, "I just happen to be in a city where the people define fun as sex and drinking."

Then I spent two years of school (my last years of high school) in a different city with a more diverse bunch that even discovered 'hobbies' (anime, books, and video games were very popular). Yet even THEN I could not have a group. I talked to people and spotted commonalities onto which we could build a relationship, but I did not pursue it. "I'll do it in the future," I told myself, "now it will be awkward to get my mom to accept me leaving my home to visit friends, go out with girlfriends and bring new people in my life."

I blame myself to this day for that mistake. I lost my best shot at being a functional person.

It has been 4 years and I have grown up a bit. I realize that most of what I thought were mistakes (not dating, not having friends), were actually actions of self-sabotage with the intention of reducing as possible the stress (new situations bring inconvenience, which brings stress) in my relationship with my mother (I am spousified / parentified / babified to a point that I can even begin to describe).

I am now lonely, full of debt (thanks to mother), sexual market value has plummeted and I also lack proper education, for I underestimated the importance of having bonds and joined a highly new stressful environment without friends. Result: dropped off college twice. The thing that keeps me alive is the prospect of writing something extraordinary fueled by the desire to leave my cage and the constant fear of suicide. Until I have a great manuscript in hands that the world wants to read, I have no argument to even explain being alive.

The jailed bird sings better.

Caged Bird
BY MAYA ANGELOU
A free bird leaps
on the back of the wind
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wing
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

The free bird thinks of another breeze
and the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
and the fat worms waiting on a dawn bright lawn
and he names the sky his own

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.
JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND CHECK OUT Glitch!
It is funny, has colourful tables (the wonders of technology!) and art!
https://i.imgur.com/Das02fT.png

I may be in the minority here, but I think I'm pretty balanced overall. I'm just as comfortable in a crowd as I am sitting at home on my own.

In my job I have to do plenty of speaking on stage in front of people, and prior that as a musician it was the same (just performing instead of speaking). That said, I'm not someone who feels any particular need to have a social life or fill my weekends, either.

It did take practice, though - in high school, those many moons ago, I'd have considered myself an introvert. College (also many moons ago) opened up the possibilities and let me find who I became.
https://i.imgur.com/JBLglrm.jpg

Hmm... I need to frequent the forums more. Might as well comment since I walked in. Maybe it’ll get me in the habit of checking the forums more often again, I guess.

Anywho, I see myself as a more reserved or introverted person but since I don’t exactly socialize too much offline, I guess that qualifies me as a loner. I don’t necessarily reach out for face to face social interaction, but I don’t mind it. Fake it til you make it and all that works. Mindset and viewpoint is key in my opinion. It’s just that I’m easily content myself and can find things to keep me occupied. It is much easier to interact from behind a screen, but it also lacks a touch of the human element. As for what got me on RRL and made me stick, I had free time to kill and stories were a good way to kill it. Life happened and here I am.

Your boundaries are only as small as you make them. If you reach out and push, you’ll find that those locked doors really aren’t even closed in the first place. That said, maybe I should do some reaching out of my own. Being cooped up online for too long isn’t exactly great for a productive lifestyle.
RE:TTC | Support Your Authors | WriTE + Magazine | LitRPGS | INKED | RRL Music Playlist | Gashapon Art Machine | RRL Discord
Congrats, you've found the following item: <Potato.> Would you like to add it to your inventory?
<Yes>/<No>
P.s. Too lazy to finish cleaning up my forum sig right now. Ignore half the links please.

This is kinda a hard question, if your only social interaction is when you go out with an old group of friends who gets together every 2 months, does it count as being a social outcast or not?
Does it count if you socialize online 99% of the time?
I mean... it seems like people here are only counting the going outside/take a walk with friends/try to pickup a girl/etc as the only social interaction that you can have.

Overrall, I think that no person is a social outcast, but instead, a person who hasnt found their social circle yet as this may take years since true friendship is hard to find. (bit cheesy, but its what i think)
  [th_094_01.gif] :gahh:

'marco correia' pid='832454' dateline='1517868973' Wrote: This is kinda a hard question, if your only social interaction is when you go out with an old group of friends who gets together every 2 months, does it count as being a social outcast or not?
Does it count if you socialize online 99% of the time?
I mean... it seems like people here are only counting the going outside/take a walk with friends/try to pickup a girl/etc as the only social interaction that you can have.

Overrall, I think that no person is a social outcast, but instead, a person who hasnt found their social circle yet as this may take years since true friendship is hard to find. (bit cheesy, but its what i think)

That's not true. When you don't have the struggle, you don't understand people who do.

For example, I was born with a pretty good ability to do math. I've done very well in nation-wide math contests way back in highschool, despite the fact I never actually *learned*; everything I knew was just intuitive. When I was in elementary school and playing neopets/runescape (the real runescape, back before it became runescape 2) etc, I ended up coming up with formulas for arithmetic and geometric sequences just to calculate exp and things like that.

To me, I can't understand how some people don't understand basic math. It's just intuitive! Everyone can solve these problems, if they just try harder.

But no, that's just not true.

I have no friends. Not a single one. I haven't talked to a single person other than cashiers and restuarant waiters in YEARS. I don't have the ability to socialize, just as some people don't have the ability to do math.