Help, Proof Reading and Character reviews. (http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/11708)

I have a good story (atleast that's what I think) that I would like to share with people. The problem arises, when, in the process of conveying the story, it turns into mess. Not due to poor vocabulary, very wrong grammar or lack of substance. But I feel that something is missing in the narrative (one of the mean motherfuckers on this site was very clear about it in his reviews). So I would like some help. Please, please, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee. Help. You may Pm me, or just read my story or post on my page. But please someone just help me put this nice story I have in head, into words. I don't want to leave it hanging. I want to complete it. The story is awesome.

RE: Help, Proof Reading and Character reviews.

Dude, one of the essential skills as a writer in RRL is to learn how to take reviews with a grain of salt. most reviewers are like us, noobies, and many of them don't know what they are talking about or simply enacting their knee-jerk reaction to the story they read.

If you look at the account of your latest reviewer you will see that he used to be very generous in his reviews back then, but just at the same time most of his own books went on HIATUS, all the reviews he is giving now are really brutally harsh and unfair. Maybe he is just a frustrated writer lashing out or maybe it has nothing to do with it. 

The point is you need to roll with the punches. It is the only way to survive here. So just keep writing, it is always the best teacher anyway if you want to improve. Good luck!
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

RE: Help, Proof Reading and Character reviews. (http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/11708)

Like batotit says take all reviews (good and bad) with a grain of salt considering a horrible review can put you down in the dumps and a stupendous review can make you kinda egotistical. I am ashamed to admit that I once had another account (forgot the password to it) and I wrote a story 99% of the feedback was great but then one person left me a terrible review after that I stopped writing stories on that account and the story which got a lot of good feedback went on hiatus and now I simply cannot continue it due to being very soft at first and also having a bad memory and forgetting my passwords lol. anyways take each negative review and just ignore them. the longer you write the better you will get at it so your grammar will slowly improve and story telling will also improve as you progress. good luck with your future stories. :)