Treating Females Differently.

Okay here's the thing. I was conversing with some of my male friends, and found out that some of them(the less eccentric one's) to be hesitant towards harming females. Well I'm not saying it's okay to hurt people to begin with. However, in my friend's own words they say they won't harm females even if they get punched by females. I'm not saying they won't get angry for getting punched, but their response toward my question shows that they're more reservetive towards females.

Personally I find their opinion to be illogical. There's no reason for me to treat females differently(either nicer or worse). The only major difference between females and males are the reproductive organs.

So I'm here to ask you if you could consider those friends of mine to be discriminative. Technically they treat females differently because of their genders, but they treat females better than males.

RE: Treating Females Differently.

'theeyecansee' pid='825269' dateline='1497694972' Wrote: Yes they are. But I think it's not that easy. When we are young we usually stick together with the same sex. Guys with guys, girls with girls. We are tought that the role of guy is to protect his family. That girls are delicate and it's our job to fight not their. Also girls are reminding us of our mothers. And women are usually weaker than men, not raised to take punches. Also beauty is much more important to them so beating a woman might be much worse in consequences for her. But also it is wise not to beat a woman cause people usually take her side. Other guys will probably jump at you just cause you dared. Police will get involved and they will classify you as a rapist or something. The family of that girl will try to hunt you down. It's not worth it. I would hit a girl for the same reason I would hit a guy but that depends if I could go away with it. I don't punch people if they really don't deserve it. But sometimes it is not worth it. Women want equality but only that good one. In society we have roles. Men - hunting, fighting/ Women - children, home. That's how it is. At least in my society. Hitting a woman is considered bad so we don't do it (Not all. But those who do it are hated.) So it is discriminating - but for your own good. So if a woman is going to hit you - dodge!

Or hit her fists hard... Maybe she will stop. And I don't think they will care much if you will only aim at her fists.

Huh so that's how it works. Okay makes sense.

The world and its weird standarts...

Personally, I don't mind hitting a girl, and since I'm a girl, I don't mind being hit either. A complete idiot is a complete idiot, whether they're female or not. If someone deserves a good beating, then they should get their good beating, regardless of their genders.

However, unfortunately, it's true that people are quick to judge. Our society evolved in such a way that people will naturally take the side of the weaker (in that case, females). It's positive discrimination, but it's not necessarily always good, since it can be prejudicial.
I've seen a lot of females acting all proud and tough toward males just because they knew that most of them would not retaliate '-'
https://image.ibb.co/b9GDV8/8.jpg
Banner by Shimitsu

[ The Administrator ] : Just another reincarnation story with an OP MC.

Society's standards aside, when you punch someone who's lived their life expecting to never be punched, it can have a huge impact on them. For better or worse. Even if it's in retaliation, I'd be careful about punching a girl unless you're absolutely sure you'll stand by that decision later.
We Don't Want to be Main Characters!
A comedy featuring every trope I could find and some that I make up. - Hiatus.

After I Lost to the Demon King
A short story about a washed-up adventurer.

https://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg

The simple answer is don't punch anyone? I mean, if it's playfully or you know each other well enough for it to not be assault (lol) then gender shouldn't matter. Alternatively, if you're young enough for all punches to be playful regardless of how strong, I'd recommend not punching regardless.
Hypothetically, I agree with your opinion that it makes no sense to discriminate in this regard. If you did get into a fight, judge your actions based on the situation.
But seriously, don't punch people ._.
https://goo.gl/tHnDsL
A proud member of Writers to The End - We finish our fictions!
[My Website
]

I think that the more important factor is whether or not the person getting punched is weaker than than the puncher. As a female, if I hit a smaller and more delicate male, I would feel bad. Hell even hitting a much larger but emotionally sensitive man would make me feel like a huge dick. If a female starts hitting someone and/or being a huge dick, they better be ready for retaliation.

One thing to keep in kind, is how far the situation have already involved and whether the actions are premeditiated (cold) or emotional (hot).
When the action starts, it doesnt really matter all that much whether it is a male or female, though one may still be plagued by the same kind of hesitation that prevents you from killing or maiming people randomly. Males tend to be less familiar with the idea of hurting females, both because they are another gender, and also because there is often a predominance of "playfull" male to male fightings, that dampens those hisitations. How large of a difference it is different between each male.
The more hot tempoere one currently is in, the less these hesitations will tend to prevent you from hurting others, so the less of a problem will those doubts will become.

If the action has not started yet, then the question becomes how to best reach your goals. It is far more of the norm in many sub-cultures for males to solve their problems with fights than females, while male to female relations tends to be solved less often with physical fights, if for no other reason that boys tend to have "playfights" with each other, and the other typically not. This makes it become a more "appropriate" method, which may also reduce the consequences of it, since a fight which both parties become active in is different than one where mainly one part can be considered the aggresor. If only one part can be considered the aggresor, the other part might seek justice through rules (law/police ect.), while if both parties are aggresors, they would both get in trouble for it, so they may want to avoid seeking those avenues of power.
There is also the ideal of chivalry, which is the typical qouted source of this antisymetric behavior. If one holds oneself to those standards, well they will hold themselves to a standard that require such things, even though the moral basis for that standard is based upon a gender discriminating world view.

TLDR.: If you are already in a fight, there should be no real problem with hitting a female compared to a male (especially if the action is hot blooded), so if a female hits you, then it is "okay" to defend yourself and hit back. If noone are hitting each other yet, then it is less culturally accepted to beging a male to female fight than a male to male fight.