Requesting cover art for "Is it Reincarnation if I'm Still Dead?"

This request has been fulfilled.

Hello, I have been writing this story for a while and I think it's high time it got a cover.

I have no particular image in mind but I would like a combination of bright and dark colours to represent the light hearted and tragic moments of the story. For inspiration and a good idea of the MC's appearance, I highly recommend you read the first volume of the story (don't worry, it won't take long).

Here is a link to my fiction: Is it Reincarnation if I'm Still Dead?

Unfortunately, I don't think I can pay for a commission but I'm thankful you're reading this nonetheless.

Sincerely,

Calcium Oxide

Edit: I've created my my own cover as a place holder. I don't think it looks bad, but I'm awful with details and colour.

RE: Requesting cover art for "Is it Reincarnation if I'm Still Dead?"

'Xu Xian' pid='832856' dateline='1518932688' Wrote: Hi there, I think I have some free time to draw the cover art, if you could answer a couple questions for inspiration that would be great

What clothing does he wear?
What's the colour of his aura/soul if he had one?
What keeps your character's humanity?
What memory/keepsake from his "past" life does he treasure most?

Hello, thank you so much picking up the cover art request. Honestly, I thought it would be lost in the sea of threads.

The MC wears a long, black sleeved cloak and dark leather gloves. Underneath his cloak are body-covering clothes that would be worn by most travellers in a fantasy-medieval world. He has a broadsword with red markings along the fuller called Bloodletter. His most defining item is his mask which is shaped like a deer's head, complete with antlers. The mask is the central object that defines his humanity since it's a parting gift from someone special to him who saw past his inhuman form.

As for the colour of his soul, his mana is pitch black but I always imagined or rather planned to give him a blue aura. The most apt colour is probably purple as it can embody the violent and terrifying impression he leaves on others, as well as his compassionate and sorrowful life.

Regarding a precious memory, the problem is I designed him to be a pseudo-blank slate character, so very little has been revealed about his past life. In his reincarnated life, his most precious memory is the time he spent with the woman who taught him how to read, write and speak the new world's language (the same person who gifted him his mask by the end of the first arc). Here is a description of her from my story:

She appears to be in her mid-twenties with a tall, thin figure wearing a short sleeved shirt and a long cotton skirt. She has lengthy, auburn hair tied back with a ribbon, and hazel-coloured eyes set on a lightly freckled face.

I hope this is enough for you to go by. Feel free to ask more.