RE: Use of the profanity tag.

'ForestRage' pid='828178' dateline='1506785730' Wrote: Hello, I am new to RRL so please bear with me. If my story has profanity used in the form of
%$$#! or F%$#! etc.
Do I still need to have the profanity tag up? I want to know how bad it has to be until I need the tag up. My writing only has the contents like the examples above. Thanks for any help in this matter.

Actually, I believe even substitutions like that count as profanity (even frack, frig, etc.) since they are being used as a curse word.

Now, if you went through and say, replaced the 4 letter s-word ($#!t) with 'shoot' instead, then it wouldn't be a curse because it's not being used as one. Or even, "Oh, fudge!".

Alphanumeric characters make people think of a curse word, so it's still technically profanity.

'Merly23@' pid='828184' dateline='1506802292' Wrote: No, It isn't needed. It means that it's censored. But that would be annoying in a story.
Also, the use of the tag is only for high swearing without censure.

Actually, even soft profanity should have the tag, not just 'high' profanity. If it's considered profanity, it should have the tag.

Plus, it's better to add the tag and be safe, than get a warning and have to add it later. :)

I continued Master of All, Jack of None (16 chapters) as a fan-fiction. Chapter 17 to 790 (completed) are here: Mythran's Master of All - Continued.
I have a new original fiction (scifi with VR) on the go here: L.I.F.E. Begins.
Check out some of my other stuff as well by going to my profile and clicking 'fictions'.