Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

insigh about real life problem (including about author and reader)

here is the post for a talk and advise about the problem in real life (mostly about author and writer or any similar that involve  with this),so anyone can post  their own here,at least similar to the though bellow

about reader "double standar" ,this part from this novel
http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14621/roya...has-passed (new Note:god damnit,for some reason he delete this novel,at least that advice I post still left bellow here)
[I sighed. Most likely this scenario was churned out to appeal to the existences beyond the fourth wall. Not that he would succeed, though. I could already see the 0.5 and 1.0 star reviews. “Boring clichéd Japanese story we’ve all read 100 times before.” Or “just another typical bullied isekai bullshit story. Although I haven’t gone past several paragraphs of chapter 1 but the premise bullied bullshit turned me down. I’m rather tired of this kind of bullshit”. Or even better. “Main character is weak and pathetic. Your story sucks. 0.5 star.”

It reminded me of the majority of a certain readerbase on a writing website who demanded that writers write about overpowered protagonists, and ruthlessly dished out 0.5 or 1.0 ratings if they felt that the characters were too “weak” regardless of how well or how poorly the story was actually written. It seemed any story that didn’t scream wish fulfilment was utter “trash.” Not sure why the readers would still click on, read and rate the story when the synopsis should have already warned them, but hey, stranger things have happened in the dimension beyond the fourth wall.]
Ah, the longwinded story of Tanaka Tomoyuki, the ultimate pessimist.

I'm not here to moderate or look after this thread. I have very little interest in it unless it turns awry and starts breaking rules we have made.
I'm here to provide a simple piece of advice to anyone that might hear me: If you believe that you have problems that span outside of RRL, seek help outside of RRL. While people here can range from outright negative and unhelpful to genuinely altruistic, there is still some loss in it being online through monitors.

Anyway, on point. You'll notice that Tanaka receives very little negativity overall, and some of that is even moderated by the staff because it bordered on toxicity. His own approach to his story is 'it sucks' and it shows, mainly by how he writes his notes and synopses. It's like putting meat in a cage with sharks, it will eventually get devoured.
Meanwhile, he continues to mostly downsize the positivity he does receive (evident on his comments and reviews) or actual feedback, by completely denying it and focusing on the negative.

While it is true that a certain part of RRL community is vastly focused on the single factor in stories and berates those that do not possess it, it is simply one of the problems any online platform, even more so the one the size of RRL, has.

From the staff member point of view, if any of you believe that they are being harassed, contact us (via a support ticket, or send a message through any other channel).

And for the parting words: if someone hates you, you're doing something right.
(24-10-17, 12:24 PM)Necamijat Wrote: Ah, the longwinded story of Tanaka Tomoyuki, the ultimate pessimist.

I'm not here to moderate or look after this thread. I have very little interest in it unless it turns awry and starts breaking rules we have made.
I'm here to provide a simple piece of advice to anyone that might hear me: If you believe that you have problems that span outside of RRL, seek help outside of RRL. While people here can range from outright negative and unhelpful to genuinely altruistic, there is still some loss in it being online through monitors.

Anyway, on point. You'll notice that Tanaka receives very little negativity overall, and some of that is even moderated by the staff because it bordered on toxicity. His own approach to his story is 'it sucks' and it shows, mainly by how he writes his notes and synopses. It's like putting meat in a cage with sharks, it will eventually get devoured.
Meanwhile, he continues to mostly downsize the positivity he does receive (evident on his comments and reviews) or actual feedback, by completely denying it and focusing on the negative.

While it is true that a certain part of RRL community is vastly focused on the single factor in stories and berates those that do not possess it, it is simply one of the problems any online platform, even more so the one the size of RRL, has.

From the staff member point of view, if any of you believe that they are being harassed, contact us (via a support ticket, or send a message through any other channel).

well,I just start reading his novel so I don't know about that problem ,and nice advise here (btw I just quote any advise I found and post there,I don't try to flattery or anything like that here)
Photo 
(24-10-17, 12:24 PM)Necamijat Wrote: Ah, the longwinded story of Tanaka Tomoyuki, the ultimate pessimist.

Excuse me? I think you misunderstood the context here. The part Royaldarknes quoted was a satire directed at some readers. It has nothing to do with me being negative.

I have no idea how me making fun of some people who dish out 0.5 stars somehow leads to the conclusion that I mostly downsize the postivity I receive. I usually thank the readers and reviewers who like my work. Just because I whine about it in the discord chat doesn't mean I deny them.

This is just an isolated example that is taken entirely out of context.

To clarify: please do not take this scene as an example of negativity. It's merely my protagonist breaking the fourth wall and making jibes at specific readers. It's not exactly a problem insofar as I can still make jokes about it in my own text.

Not sure which synopsis you're looking at, but the only negative one is probably Stargazer Summoner, which I left it as it is before I got out of my depression. And if you thought it was negative, you completely missed the joke (a story that STARS a guy using CONSTELLATION magic and uses ICE magic because it's COOL). The rest shouldn't be negative, otherwise I have no idea which of the synopses you're talking about. Absolute Zero is different in that I deliberately wrote it to be a trashy story because I'm making fun of xianxia tropes. And my author notes are meant to be sarcastic, so don't take them literally or seriously.

By the way, I'm not the ultimate pessimist. There's someone who is even more of a pessimist than me. And his name is...
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(old comment from Tanaka Tomoyuki)
I watched Re: Creators, and they are right about one thing:
The path of an author (or creator) begins when you decide to show your work to everybody. Not because you think your work is flawless or good, but because you want someone to read your work
That was in my story, Stargazer Summoner.

Why else do you think I post my work online even though I know it's not good? Very Happy
I did not really understand OP's post.

But the novel was pretty good.
JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND CHECK OUT Glitch!
It is funny, has colourful tables (the wonders of technology!) and art!
[Image: Das02fT.png]
(27-10-17, 12:21 AM)Media in Sanity Wrote: I did not really understand OP's post.

But the novel was pretty good.

this post is for insight or tips/advise about writing stuff and thing about reader/author that you usually meet ,like the "reader double standar" thing on my first comment