insigh about real life problem (including about author and reader)

here is the post for a talk and advise about the problem in real life (mostly about author and writer or any similar that involve  with this),so anyone can post  their own here,at least similar to the though bellow

about reader "double standar" ,this part from this novel
http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14621/royal-road-revenge/chapter/169017/chapter-1-the-past-has-passed (new Note:god damnit,for some reason he delete this novel,at least that advice I post still left bellow here)
[I sighed. Most likely this scenario was churned out to appeal to the existences beyond the fourth wall. Not that he would succeed, though. I could already see the 0.5 and 1.0 star reviews. “Boring clichéd Japanese story we’ve all read 100 times before.” Or “just another typical bullied isekai bullshit story. Although I haven’t gone past several paragraphs of chapter 1 but the premise bullied bullshit turned me down. I’m rather tired of this kind of bullshit”. Or even better. “Main character is weak and pathetic. Your story sucks. 0.5 star.”

It reminded me of the majority of a certain readerbase on a writing website who demanded that writers write about overpowered protagonists, and ruthlessly dished out 0.5 or 1.0 ratings if they felt that the characters were too “weak” regardless of how well or how poorly the story was actually written. It seemed any story that didn’t scream wish fulfilment was utter “trash.” Not sure why the readers would still click on, read and rate the story when the synopsis should have already warned them, but hey, stranger things have happened in the dimension beyond the fourth wall.]

RE: insigh about real life problem (including about author and reader)

Ah, the longwinded story of Tanaka Tomoyuki, the ultimate pessimist.

I'm not here to moderate or look after this thread. I have very little interest in it unless it turns awry and starts breaking rules we have made.
I'm here to provide a simple piece of advice to anyone that might hear me: If you believe that you have problems that span outside of RRL, seek help outside of RRL. While people here can range from outright negative and unhelpful to genuinely altruistic, there is still some loss in it being online through monitors.

Anyway, on point. You'll notice that Tanaka receives very little negativity overall, and some of that is even moderated by the staff because it bordered on toxicity. His own approach to his story is 'it sucks' and it shows, mainly by how he writes his notes and synopses. It's like putting meat in a cage with sharks, it will eventually get devoured.
Meanwhile, he continues to mostly downsize the positivity he does receive (evident on his comments and reviews) or actual feedback, by completely denying it and focusing on the negative.

While it is true that a certain part of RRL community is vastly focused on the single factor in stories and berates those that do not possess it, it is simply one of the problems any online platform, even more so the one the size of RRL, has.

From the staff member point of view, if any of you believe that they are being harassed, contact us (via a support ticket, or send a message through any other channel).

And for the parting words: if someone hates you, you're doing something right.

'Necamijat' pid='828820' dateline='1508840664' Wrote: Ah, the longwinded story of Tanaka Tomoyuki, the ultimate pessimist.

I'm not here to moderate or look after this thread. I have very little interest in it unless it turns awry and starts breaking rules we have made.
I'm here to provide a simple piece of advice to anyone that might hear me: If you believe that you have problems that span outside of RRL, seek help outside of RRL. While people here can range from outright negative and unhelpful to genuinely altruistic, there is still some loss in it being online through monitors.

Anyway, on point. You'll notice that Tanaka receives very little negativity overall, and some of that is even moderated by the staff because it bordered on toxicity. His own approach to his story is 'it sucks' and it shows, mainly by how he writes his notes and synopses. It's like putting meat in a cage with sharks, it will eventually get devoured.
Meanwhile, he continues to mostly downsize the positivity he does receive (evident on his comments and reviews) or actual feedback, by completely denying it and focusing on the negative.

While it is true that a certain part of RRL community is vastly focused on the single factor in stories and berates those that do not possess it, it is simply one of the problems any online platform, even more so the one the size of RRL, has.

From the staff member point of view, if any of you believe that they are being harassed, contact us (via a support ticket, or send a message through any other channel).

And for the parting words: if someone hates you, you're doing something right.

well,I just start reading his novel so I don't know about that problem ,and nice advise here (btw I just quote any advise I found and post there,I don't try to flattery or anything like that here)

about rating problem
0.5, 5.0, 1.0+ and 4.5+ reviews tends to be people who cannot properly scale their how good something is and/or are trying to manipulate the rating by putting in more extreme vote to move the average more.

The ones that give you a fair judgement will typically be in the range of 2.0-4.0, maybe upwards toward 4.5 (but not a mix of 5.0 and 4.5), or down below 2.0, when something is really good or really bad. I would probably throw this story slightly above 3.0, but still below 3.5. There are some problems (such as balance fidling, somewhat confusing names [say first town vs world name], and plot holes) , but it reads well enough and is engaging to read, without significant grammar problems.

(from this comment:http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14425/dantes-immortality/chapter/170264/chapter-17?comment=1284805#comment-1284805)

here is some good idea that really need to mentioned for a lot of novel in this website that fail to do so (and far too many "children" who can't take a bit of tragedy , a tragedy once in a while keeps the reader awake and invested, while allowing the character to grow ) :

re-read, not bad adding that in. Like how your story isn't all lollipops and sunshine for the mc, there is no character development without pain - something too many stories on RRL lack or fail to convey adequately.

And as for killing Mia off - Sometimes building up a side character just to kill them off is worth it, must say I wasn't looking forward to a typical "op mc gains harem and rampages around while levelling up like crazy" theme which is where I thought you might be taking the story.
(from this comment: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14425/dantes-immortality/chapter/174260/discord-server-and-37-edit?comment=1306569#comment-1306569 )

What? Bad things happening to a character and forging them into better, stronger people is a staple in good books. Books need to be like rollercoaster, or else what's the point? Life isn't a straight line, life isn't easy, so why would that be different for the lives of main characters? Besides, one character thats important to an MC dying isn't an indication that everyone close to them will die. I've read very few books like that. I believe the last two chapters are integral for the furtherment of this story. They just need to be polished (done better).
(from comment: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/14425/dantes-immortality/chapter/174239/chapter-38?comment=1306394#comment-1306394 )

I've run into the problem the opening poster talked about numerous times. I really think it's bullheadness on the readers to not accept something new. It's even hard to describe this problem to people. They don't see it as a problem because they aren't writing the stories partly I gues. They will go off on all these tangents to say it's really something else and avoid the issue. But the fact is there's no reason we should really classify a story as a 0, 1, 2, or 3 just because we've read some other story to compare it too. Why should we have to be compared to some other guy that probably didn't even think of his own ideas?

People also have this psychological block on them too where they think they have to be winning all the time. That's kind of silly but it happens. And part of it happening is that they think they have put their story ahead of others. So they will go out and do shitty trash reviews on others masquerading as readers.

Also this obsession with winning prevents them from seeing a story that builds from before the win phase properly. There's nothing wrong with starting from an underdog phase in the story and working up. In fact it lends credibility to the story and bridges the gaps of realism to start with nothing, and have to go through adversity.

This is partly why I like to build up from nothing with a story! The adversity present and real danger help to make the story more real! This is worth keeping by trying to bridge this part of a story in and connect with people. Adversity is what makes it seem like maybe parts of the story could really happen! (except for the magic part!)

The part of people dishing out 1s and 0s does happen. And unless you decide to go fight with the moderators and piss them off they stay up. It's kind of silly really that we have to go out and 'prove' someone is being an jerk when it's obvious that they are too.

Hope that helps. Have a nice day.

problem about adopt or abortion the baby,and the choice (read his comment)
https://9gag.com/gag/aR3wb4j#cs_comment_id=c_151585357664202210

if you need a reason to disagree with him then you can "load more replies " bellow his comment to see a deeper talk about it ,and for a really good one,you need to roll down a lot in that reply section until you see "alexmcj01",he also have a very good reason of his own that opposide to this OP comment

#NEW
just found this post ,interesting talk  (after check the post,check the comment,some of them is very interesting talk from two side)
Sci-fi Writer Shatters The Anti-Abortion Argument With One Simple Question
https://9gag.com/gag/ax1j89K

here is some reason why big pharm conspiracy is not alway true (can apply to your story):
(here is the link to the post that talk about this )
https://9gag.com/gag/a5o7jxG

(this is the difference comment from the post to sums up this topic)

exactly, because holding the monopoly on a cure to an affliction that affects millions and can not be eradicated is certainly going to make less money than competing with countless other companies for treatment. You are right. You must be one of the smart people I hear so much about.

There is much more profit in competing with dozend different companies for chemo treatment than having absolute market control with the cure? Are you sure about that? Because that doesn't sound right. You realize people will always develop cancer, right? You can't just eradicate it like polio. And while we are at it, why didn't "they" got rid of the polio vaccine?

if anything they are STRIVING to find the cure, why? Because it is so much more lucrative than chemo. Not only would the first company to discover it have EXCLUSIVE rights to sell it, but they would be able to sell it to EVERY known cancer case. Cancer also has 100,000s of different variation, their main goal would actually be to cure you as fast as possible for 1 cancer and hope you get another 1 asap so they can keep selling you the same cure but slightly altered for each cancer strain.

about drop school and success :

Survivorship fallacy. You see all the big names that made it without higher education, you never see all the millions that failed because they dropped out.

You can look at higher education as a success chance multiplier. Yes, having a degree doesn't guarantee a career, much like not having one doesn't prohibit you from having one, but it's far more likely for you to get a great career and be successful if you do have a university degree, than if you didn't.

Not only are you going to learn a lot about the relevant fields, not only are you going to earn a degree that's visible proof of some form of competence, but you'll also going to meet a lot of people with similar life visions to you, which you are likely to cross paths with again after you start your careers.

If your government (or parents) is paying for your education - definitely take advantage of that opportunity. It's only worth considering going without if not doing so will burden you with heavy debt.

(from comment: https://9gag.com/gag/a6oVxbm#cs_comment_id=c_152001063633314931)

about read term and license agreement
the agreements are intentionally designed to be lengthy with a complicated use of language so that average joe won't go through it nor understands it even if he did. 

You underestimate lawyers and corporations
(from comment:https://9gag.com/gag/aAxgdPg#cs_comment_id=c_152139571319946508)

about the pen and the sword
The Pen is a metaphor for diplomacy, making alliances, outthinking your enemy, and intelligence in general. The person with the pen wouldn't end up in a battle in the first place but would be making his enemies fight each other. This phrase, like most phrases, isn't meant to be taken in the literal sense.
(from comment: https://9gag.com/gag/aGjgV4z#cs_comment_id=c_152128260110036545)

meaning of choice (for real life and in novel) :

The dream was largely symbolic, but the perfect ending finally reminded Cha Ming of an undeniable truth: People were responsible proportionate to their means. He had not made the wrong choice the first or second time he had the dream since arriving at Green Leaf Academy. The first time, he was not strong enough in the dream, so he made the decision to save the child. The second time, he had enough power to try and save the dog (he die,but at least he save the dog), and that was enough. This last time, his strength and Huxian’s had finally reached a level where he could do both.

Having resolved the dream, he now knew that it was very important to raise his capacity to act. Without strength, he would never have the ability to choose. And he now had a good brother whom he could rely on. This was also part of his capacity, part of his strength.

(from the bottom of chapter,read row number 10 of paragraph begin from bottom to know what going on in that dream: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/16320/painting-the-mists/chapter/200279/book-1-chapter-30-clear-sky-book-1-end )

you should give this novel a try,it very good ,well executed,don't have those xianxia tropes, Sometimes Xianxia seems very stylized and drawn out. this author, in comparison, is refreshingly creative and compact. And having actual morals/symbolic content, like the recurring dream! (If normal Xianxia tries to teach something, it's stuff like "be sure to torture information from your enemies before killing them." )