Looking for a dark fantasy tale? 'Inquisitor: The Hunt' may be just what you need

https://i.imgur.com/AGUTCKz.png?1

A shroud of darkness hides the night. The sounds of battle echoes throughout. Steel on steel, clashing in the unknown. A clash of death, uncaring and unjust.

A band of mercenaries surround a mysterious figure clad in ragged black robes. Beneath its weathered cowl, two bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness. Finally, they’ve found him. The bastard who they’ve been searching for, for months.

When they accepted his mark, they were offered a wagon-sized pile of gold crowns; enough to make their jaws slam against the floor. They assumed it would be a tricky job, but never, even in their wildest dreams, did they dare imagine they would be hunting such a ruthless monster. A being, who the devil itself would snarl at beneath his breath.

Now, they’ve found him. That was their second mistake. The first being, accepting his mark. A series of mistakes they’d regret for the rest of their insignificant lives.

Click below to read

Inquisitor can still be considered being in its early stage and has only entered its second arc.

If you're interested in a Witcher + DnD style story, you'll love Inquisitor.

A unique world, fresh bold ideas, and a dark overtone really give life to a thrilling tale.

Oh, and this isn't going to be a harem. There is no reincarnation plot, no video game UI menus, and no set levels. This is also my first ever story, so I hope you all like it. 

Warning: 

The story is dark. The first arc, not so much, but there will be blood, gore, and other dark mature themes. Not too sure how I feel about anything sexual, but I'm not completely ruling it out yet. This will not contain a harem though.
Check out my two stories if you've got the time.
• Whatever your heart desires, whether it be wealth, power, fame, or infamy, only those who've earned it themselves may claim it. Embrace your angels, let loose your demons, or simply wipe the slate clean. Only the strong survive within the Ether.
Join Experiment XZ as he embarks on his journey in order to find out who he truly is, what awaits him as he ascends, or descends into Ether.
Embrace the Ether

• A shroud of darkness hides the night. The sounds of battle echoes throughout. Steel on steel, clashing in the unknown. A clash of death, uncaring and unjust. A band of mercenaries surround a mysterious figure clad in ragged black robes. Beneath its weathered cowl, two bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness. Finally, they’ve found him.

RE: Looking for a dark fantasy tale? 'Inquisitor: The Hunt' may be just what you need

'Media in Sanity' pid='828874' dateline='1508982411' Wrote: Criminally underrated.

It's a pretty good novel and ad. Check it out, guys.

Thanks so much for the words of support! I've just released chapter six, which is one of the longest chapters so far.  

I'm extremely new to writing and to this site, so I'm super nervous. Support like yours helps more than you know.
• Whatever your heart desires, whether it be wealth, power, fame, or infamy, only those who've earned it themselves may claim it. Embrace your angels, let loose your demons, or simply wipe the slate clean. Only the strong survive within the Ether.
Join Experiment XZ as he embarks on his journey in order to find out who he truly is, what awaits him as he ascends, or descends into Ether.
Embrace the Ether

• A shroud of darkness hides the night. The sounds of battle echoes throughout. Steel on steel, clashing in the unknown. A clash of death, uncaring and unjust. A band of mercenaries surround a mysterious figure clad in ragged black robes. Beneath its weathered cowl, two bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness. Finally, they’ve found him.

RE: Looking for a dark fantasy tale? 'Inquisitor: The Hunt' may be just what you need

'drizz' pid='828920' dateline='1509059857' Wrote: Solid story, I'm liking it so far - keep going! Always nice to see more works in the genre.

Thank you so much! 

I'm definitely going to continue, I'm just making sure I know where I'm going with the coming arcs. I'm trying to put my heart and soul into this, and with it being my first ever story, I'm sort of feeling overwhelmed occasionally. (don't worry, it's just how I am) Don't worry though, I'll be getting a new chapter out very soon. :D
Embrace the Ether

Trying to decide which cover I should use, any ideas?

Both covers are relevant to the story, but the original eclipse tells more of a dark-story, while the magical cover portrays the mystical unknown.

Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/8ns5F
Embrace the Ether

'SJ Reaver' pid='830145' dateline='1511047800' Wrote: The first cover is far better than the moon one.

Sweet, thanks for the info. :D I've swapped the cover to the first magical cover.
Embrace the Ether

Long, time ago, in a galaxy far far away... a lonely nerd wrote a book. Yes, a book.

Said book finally received a new chapter, too. Neato.
I joined the WriTE group, so I'm pretty excited.

I really appreciate all the support I've received so far, and would love for some people to hit me up with proofreading or even a review, just PM me or comment below.
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/14586/inquisitor-the-hunt/chapter/186391/chapter-11-a-warm-meal

Love ya!
Embrace the Ether

This story is being continued! Yay! 

Chapter 15 is live, and the previous chapters will be undergoing a grammatical revision. love ya!
Embrace the Ether