Nerves

So yeah here it is. I really want to write. I have a story stuck in my head that I want to get out there. I have a general idea how it should start and end. The nerves come into play because I have never wrote anything past 2 chapters and no one has ever read them XP. I can handle criticism and negativity. How do I handle it if I get 3/4 through and it turns out crap or I find out I really hate the main character.

RE: Nerves

This is my personal take. I'm an inexperienced writer as well after all.

You can read other peoples work, or the theory behind writing. It helps, but in the end writing is a skill. You get better by practicing it.
Don't stop at two chapters. If you like writing, keep on writing. You'll polish your skills, learn and gain experience.
Listen to feedback, but not blindly. You know the kind of novel you want to write, so you may not want to change that.

You'll naturally get better as you write.

Then you can go back and rewrite early chapters with what you learnt and make them better.
Some novelist ends up rewriting their novel from the ground up once they are one hundred chapters in.
You'll have to go back to fix incostencies or things that sounded good back then but you find out dont work well.

The only caveat is that it takes time. Don't expect to write one hour and reach Tolkien's level.
Write a little when you have time, and you'll feel yourself improving.
The trick is to be persistent, recognize mistake and fix them.

Results will come naturally as your writing skill increase.
https://www.royalroadcdn.com/reyadawnbri...TcjPAk.jpg
Twilight Over Arcania - My take on the resurrection theme