RE: LitRPG question Game mechanics in Real World

I guess you haven't checked the listing yet, so you don't know, but stories where people adventure in the gaming world, people who received game-like power in the real world, and people who adventures on both gaming world and the real world are a dime a dozen. 

I don't think there will be any fresh "New" story about LitRPG anytime soon. Any new idea has been done by others like ten times over. 

That being said, it doesn't mean that people don't like that kind of story anymore. In fact, I think LitRPG is growing stronger than ever. To answer your question, readers in RRL like both stories. What is important is how the author approaches it. You don't have to be unique, just give us the adventure we crave and you will get your readers... eventually.

So good luck and keep writing.
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

'batotit' pid='829517' dateline='1510124124' Wrote: I guess you haven't checked the listing yet, so you don't know, but stories where people adventure in the gaming world, people who received game-like power in the real world, and people who adventures on both gaming world and the real world are a dime a dozen. 

I don't think there will be any fresh "New" story about LitRPG anytime soon. Any new idea has been done by others like ten times over. 

That being said, it doesn't mean that people don't like that kind of story anymore. In fact, I think LitRPG is growing stronger than ever. To answer your question, readers in RRL like both stories. What is important is how the author approaches it. You don't have to be unique, just give us the adventure we crave and you will get your readers... eventually.

So good luck and keep writing.

Thanks for that reply. I'm aware both types of stories exist, but my question more was... would people enjoy a story where it starts as one but ends in the other? e.g. MS starts playing in a game world, but then is able to use his powers in a different type of reality where its real but he still has his gaming abilities.

And thanks that you should mention adventure being a key element. Is this even more important than the game mechanics? One thing I'm considering is switching from a total fantasy setting to one that has more elements of sci-fi. But would people not like this?

the game mechanism is just a medium, tool, or whatever u call it, just like any other type of fictions with their medium (magic for fantasy, spacecraft for ci-fi)
meanwhile, adventure, is pretty much, the content, the story itself, so no doubt, it's more important

from the clichest trope like 'heroic-MC questing on-the-road to save the world' to 'worldcrossing fantasy-sci-fi hybrid' or 'litRPG VRMMORPG reality twist' , etc.
whats important is how the story is implemented, not the premise, background, etc. etc.
i can name at least dozen of nice, well-liked fictions for every single trope u can come up with, but i can also name another dozen of bad written, unpopular ones