Android traits

So about androids...aren't they just totally cool? I have been researching several story concepts on these plus the story I do have which I plan to come back to. But some of a novel is planning and research. I've done research on how they could work in the past but this thread instead I wanted to focus on what appeals to readers more than how they would be built.

For example,...do readers want to picture something that is more like a programmed clone, an actual hard metal robot with no blending in features, a cyborg like build with fake or real skin over the metal skeleton, or something that is fully plastic head to toe but designed sophisticated enough to look and blend in as human (maybe metal durable skeleton and head plates)? Which appeals most to readers? 

I have put a voting box below and hope to use this in some research for further chapters and novels. Thanks. 

Also if more than one choice appeals to a reader then you can note in comment (but please try to limit it so I can get an idea of priorities), any other comments welcome, and how much do readers value androids being able to blend in as humans? (This would be normal you would think, except a lot of anime concepts seem to WANT to display androidness for some reason.)

RE: Android traits

I'm talking about androids in stories like synthetic humans, robot humans, machine like humans etc. Not smartphones. :)

Have you read the story: How Do You QA Test a Tsundere Android!?
Your post reminded me of it :P

As an actual reply:
If androids are simply just present, then it doesn't matter much. You could easily replace androids with (for example) robots, slaves... What really needs to be done is to make the presents of androids matter. Ask yourself: why should I even have androids in this story? What can they accomplish that almost nothing else can? What makes them important to the story? What makes them important to your characters' within the story?

That's what I'll be looking for in an android story (or any story really).

I think you should focus more on the kind of story you want to tell.
Human-like android slaves that are forced to obey because of their programming makes for a modern free the slaves story.
You can have efficient hard logical robot and contrast them with the inefficient chaos of organics to bring up ethics issues.
or about blurring line between organic and machine. Just how far one has to be modified to still be human?
Or a good old shiny robots revolt against the meat bags that created them.

I can think of examples of good stories that I liked for each of your points. As long as the stry is good, everything goes.
https://www.royalroadcdn.com/reyadawnbri...TcjPAk.jpg
Twilight Over Arcania - My take on the resurrection theme

:) Thanks. Also plz vote.