Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

Views system

Today, I happened on an abandoned novel page and noticed something rather odd. It displayed the average view count as INFINITE (sic)! I can safely deduce that this was due to the fact that it had no chapters, and thus, the system divided by zero and gave that output. However, what really interested me was the fact that it had over 600 total views. 

Do total views count page visits instead of just chapter visits?
Views count chapter visits. The 600 total views are all views of chapters. The chapters were then deleted, but the system counts those views (consider it a... feature). Then the average is calculated based on the total divided by the number of visible chapters, which is 0, therefore INFINITY.
Are you supposed to delete such novels? I remember you mentioning that you're supposed to hunt down those novels with deleted chapters and remove them.
(18-11-17, 08:55 AM)Tanaka Tomoyuki Wrote: Are you supposed to delete such novels? I remember you mentioning that you're supposed to hunt down those novels with deleted chapters and remove them.

You're free to report them if you stumble upon them.
Does this count as an example?

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/5963/slau...ven-itself

I was looking forward to reading it and...all the chapters were deleted. I'm not sure which one Renascent happened upon, though.