RE: Infinity novels

'God_is_Good' pid='831734' dateline='1515472407' Wrote: What do you mean by infinity?  I'm sorry, I'm pretty new here and don't know all the terms.  But if you explain what this means, I'm sure I could find you some stuff.

I believe he is talking about the type of novel, not going to call it a genre, where the main character has a place where he can buy certain powers and wait before and after completing missions. These missions are finished for points. There are various ways to make points from killing enemies to completing side missions. Things like Infinity Island, which was a fairly short one before the author abandoned it, is a good place to start. This is because it was a really good representation of the niche while having good grammar and a decent plot. If you don't mind bad grammar then things like Terror Infinity and Terror Infinity side B is pretty good but again the grammar at times can be atrocious. I've seen a couple other ones but I can't remember the names of them off the top of my head. I would have to look around.
Runic Artisan - Novice enchanter attempts to build up a town, and eventually a kingdom.

Re: Infinity novels

Xhally Wrote:
God_is_Good Wrote: What do you mean by infinity?  I'm sorry, I'm pretty new here and don't know all the terms.  But if you explain what this means, I'm sure I could find you some stuff.

I believe he is talking about the type of novel, not going to call it a genre, where the main character has a place where he can buy certain powers and wait before and after completing missions. These missions are finished for points. There are various ways to make points from killing enemies to completing side missions. Things like Infinity Island, which was a fairly short one before the author abandoned it, is a good place to start. This is because it was a really good representation of the niche while having good grammar and a decent plot. If you don't mind bad grammar then things like Terror Infinity and Terror Infinity side B is pretty good but again the grammar at times can be atrocious. I've seen a couple other ones but I can't remember the names of them off the top of my head. I would have to look around.
wait, why is it called infinity then? that doesn't seem to have any link to literal infinity whereas xianxia and usual epic fantasy does. 

l611 Wrote:
Xhally Wrote:
God_is_Good Wrote: What do you mean by infinity?  I'm sorry, I'm pretty new here and don't know all the terms.  But if you explain what this means, I'm sure I could find you some stuff.

wait, why is it called infinity then? that doesn't seem to have any link to literal infinity whereas xianxia and usual epic fantasy does.
I think Terror Infinity was just the first one so its referencing that.

funny...
i made the same thread just 8 weeks ago, and the answers i got were VERY different,
check it out:
https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/108306

the only mission based i know:
-the galactic fist of legend. (and highly recommend anything else by the author)
- statecraft unbound (or something like that, here on this site)
- gantz (anima/manga) (just barely fit but it still count)
- another story i totally forget its name and i searching without success for a long time...