Making characters meet up naturally.

Hi. I'm having a slight creative block.
I need my MC to meet 2 new characters. They are to be a part of the core group of the MC's gang.  And I need a way to make them meet, and befriend the MC in a way that feels natural.
I was considering going the get drunk route for bonding once they've met up, but how should I go about matching them up so that they do end up drunk on the town together? Original plan was to just have them meet while drunk/stoned, but that didn't feel quite right. It could work somewhat, but it feels forced.

My MC isn't one of those overly outgoing types. unless he's well and truly on his way to getting smashed. his new friends are quite the stereotypical not quite normal pair. He wouldn't go straight for smashed either. despite being quite fond of beer.

Character traits:  MC
Dr Jekyl when sober: Quite shy, very lojal to his friends, takes his duties seriously, but is a bit on the lazy side. low on initiative.
Alcohol fuelled Mr Hyde: Outgoing and entertaining. you know the type. the kind that either ends up with a lampshade on their head, or a girl under each arm. sometimes both. 

Side character 1: Stoner Hippie Elf. Hasn't been seen sober for 8 millennia. Will smoke anything at least once.

Side character 2: Short, barrel chested Dwarf stereotype, if you discount that this variant are hermaphrodites with beards.  huge beards, and a love for alcohol of the kind you'd only see in DF. Does not drink water unless forced to. has a masochistic streak as well.

Any ideas and tips on how to make characters meet are vary much welcome. I'm running out of buffer chapters fast.
My fiction

Cheers!

RE: Making characters meet up naturally.

'tjtf' pid='830377' dateline='1511482252' Wrote: Try a shared experience..... what event can happen that they can all be swept up in?

Bar fight?  Run from authorities?  Save somebody from a bully or mugger or monster?  Family style dinner at the rooming house (with or without argument )?

Well. the next scene is supper/drinking in the commons of the boarding house the mc is staying at. I am researching how those were usually set up right now, so maybe there is a chance for some introductions there.
I was thinking of having the boarding house as an oversized inn, where boarders can buy food/drink from the proprietors, but don't normally have it included in the rent.  Maybe they could have a brawl. only the mc is a human.

Hmm.. a drinking contest with the dwarf. MC dies from alcohol poisoning, and respawns. having a true game like setting gives some unusual options, and it would be a shame not to utilize that to the fullest.
My fiction

Cheers!

RE: Making characters meet up naturally.

'SJ Reaver' pid='830415' dateline='1511608345' Wrote: They all know the same person who introduces them.

I tried out a lot of permutations in a writing frenzy yesterday. I simply put the 3 of them in the same room, figured out a motivation for them to be there at that time, and had them act as themselves. Lots of words were used, over 3k I think it was at the most, but when I started scraping off the superfluous details it quickly went down to a hair under 2k.
My fiction

Cheers!