Fanfic here about a Spellsword

It's entirely possible that it hasn't been updated in three years and I don't remember the name of it at all, but:

Guy starts playing Royal Road, I think the setting was before Weed even joined.
Completes the basic training hall (as they all do in fics in this universe).
Something happens and he gets cursed with... something that depending on the day could cause him to cast the same spell as many as 8 times in one cast.
Makes some friends and enemies, they take over a castle by firing themselves via catapults onto bales of straw they'd just fired beforehand.
The MC becomes a spellsword - probably the most memorable thing. It took 3 or 4 days of uncomfortableness but in the end he was able to cast spells with zero casting delay thanks to it.
He gets a high level pet Arachne, similar to how Weed has Van Hawk the Death Knight.
Some super high level NPC Wizard trains him a little after the MC cooked for him and treated him in a friendly manner, Wizard repays by training him to dodge spells and demonstrates some for him to copy.
The last chapter I saw before I stopped checking back for updates, they had just beat the antagonists in PvP and accidentally a war in the process that rages on in that area forever more now.

I vaguely remember the MC focusing on earth magic, especially Earth Walls. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

RE: Fanfic here about a Spellsword

Does the author says something from copying elemental wave from Arata from Eye of Adventure? it was a japanese mc?

there was 'invoker' with similar things, being a magiican and all
http://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/410/invoker
"I knew you had fallen...but not that you had fallen so low"
Small Script that i thought, that sounds cool, but I will never use...on the real life