RE: Are you a hybrid creature?

I used to.
However, my patience with wuxia and the like dwindled fast due to how the whole thing tends to be structured around cultivation and op mc's. not to mention harems.
You can only read so many stories where the MC spends 10 chapters sitting around "cultivating" in excruciating detail before anything happen, then to discover that after 1 or 2 chapters of the story actual plot, it goes back into describing cultivation in excruciating detail again, or the mc go on an OP rampage where any conceivable adversity is thrown at the mc and just bouncing off as if he/she was an indestructible robot.
Some of the same issues crop up in litrpg rebirth novels too, and it's a common trope in Japanese Isekai light novels.
It still grates on me though and will cause me to put the story down immediately.

I've read great stories from both genres though. but the commonality was that the focus was on the story, and not the setting, so my gripe isn't with the genre per see, but how it's most often abused to garner interest to a non-interesting story.
My fiction

Cheers!