Dark fantasy novel- Wings of Sorrow

A novel I’ve Already completed and am updating with a chapter a day. I’ve got a little over half posted here right now and thought it would be a good time to reach out.

Synopsis and link below-

Occupation is a heavy weight to bear. To watch one’s culture, freedoms, and religion be crushed beneath the heel of foreign troops. Soldiers from the south bearing green cloaks and royal seals maintain order in the streets of Bleakridge, ensuring that the lifeblood of commerce continues to flow through the port city. In the slums beyond the outer wall, the Sons of the Reaper lurk. Some call them heroes, other’s villains, but all fear them for their relentless devotion to the old ways and all that entails. In the castle above the city, resides the Earl of Bleakridge. The man who bent the knee and saved the lives of his people, if not their soul.

Grim Thorne, the disinherited son of the Earl is the fly caught in the web of power struggles between these forces. Sympathetic to the Sons, duty-bound to his father and forced into service to the king. He must rise above the brand on the neck and decide where his true loyalties lie. But after living through twenty years of occupation it can be hard to tell who is even deserving of loyalty any longer. The King’s men who enforce order with a blood-soaked iron fist? The Sons who more resemble terrorists and crime lords than revolutionaries? Or the father who watches the bloodshed and does nothing? In the end, it is always the place of the young to put to deed the sins of the old.

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/15059/wings-of-sorrow
If you're into dark, low fantasy check out my book: Wings of Sorrow

RE: Dark fantasy novel- Wings of Sorrow

It's only gotten better since I've written 'mah review'.

It's one of the best things on this site right now:

CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED

BY MEDIA IN SANITY 15/11/2017 22:07:12
A funny sarcastic style, fast-paced storyline, surprisingly colourful characters (despite the gritty atmosphere) and reliable update schedule make this novel a Must Read.
JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND CHECK OUT Glitch!
It is funny, has colourful tables (the wonders of technology!) and art!
https://i.imgur.com/Das02fT.png

RE: Dark fantasy novel- Wings of Sorrow

I definitely have it added to my bookshelf, I'm really looking forward to diving into the story soon.
Check out my two stories if you've got the time.
• Whatever your heart desires, whether it be wealth, power, fame, or infamy, only those who've earned it themselves may claim it. Embrace your angels, let loose your demons, or simply wipe the slate clean. Only the strong survive within the Ether.
Join Experiment XZ as he embarks on his journey in order to find out who he truly is, what awaits him as he ascends, or descends into Ether.
Embrace the Ether

• A shroud of darkness hides the night. The sounds of battle echoes throughout. Steel on steel, clashing in the unknown. A clash of death, uncaring and unjust. A band of mercenaries surround a mysterious figure clad in ragged black robes. Beneath its weathered cowl, two bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness. Finally, they’ve found him.