Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

What gender do you prefer for a protagonist?

(26-12-17, 04:26 PM)Lessa Wrote:
(26-12-17, 03:51 AM)bubbleduck Wrote: Back on topic, unless the writer has already gone through all the mistakes and corrections many times already, I prefer main characters who have the same gender to the writer because otherwise they just feel like caricatures - in the same fashion that I dislike cross-gender RPers.

Excuse me, good sir/madam. How can we be truly sure if the MC actually have the same gender as the writer?  Just curious.

By bubbleducks logic we don't need to - if the MC is not a horrible caricature then either the writer has gone through those mistakes and corrections or he's/she's writing his own gender. or both.
No longer a flash Story - A Maiden and a Dragon (tho chapter one was one)

(26-12-17, 04:26 PM)Lessa Wrote:
(26-12-17, 03:51 AM)bubbleduck Wrote: Back on topic, unless the writer has already gone through all the mistakes and corrections many times already, I prefer main characters who have the same gender to the writer because otherwise they just feel like caricatures - in the same fashion that I dislike cross-gender RPers.

Excuse me, good sir/madam. How can we be truly sure if the MC actually have the same gender as the writer?  Just curious.

Well... you need to get a time machine... go back to when they were born and check their genitals, although chromosome testing kits are also good since observation is sometimes wrong...
To complicate things even more chromosomal analysis can be wrong too, so you might want to take surveys routinely throughout their life...

After that you will be able to confidently guess their gender about 50% of the time :)
Dungeons, betrayal, a summoned hero, and the beginning of a magical revolution. Welcome to Era.
Ok, screw this.

Have a teddy bear protagonist. That solves all the issues with gender.
JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND CHECK OUT Glitch!
It is funny, has colourful tables (the wonders of technology!) and art!
[Image: Das02fT.png]
What gender is a potato?
The cowardly light the path; the wicked obstruct the future. The flames are like an omnipotent god. Those who wield them and dance among them surpass divinity. —Primal Flames, Chapter 1
probably male, given the large *ahem* pro-tuber-ance
Dungeons, betrayal, a summoned hero, and the beginning of a magical revolution. Welcome to Era.
Attack Helicopters Kappa
Quote:Mid or feed
[Image: yump.gif]